Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

07 April 2021


amy_c, janina, JF, Jonny_James, paul_grenier
David Fazio, Gottfried Zimmerman, Ian Pouncey

Meeting minutes

<becky> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

<becky> https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

Agenda Review & Announcements;

Task Force Updates;

janina: RQTF update and a pronunciation one. I posted a decision on the XAUR, there was only one objection thinking that COGA would have specific comments.

janina: Someone tried to post comments but it was sent to the restricted list. So there are 4 comments we will review.

janina: the other document, the RAUR (RTC) we got last minute comments from a d/Deaf HoH group.

janina: these changes help so I think we can incorporate them fairly quickly. They seem editorial in nature. Josh will take it up when he's back from vacation.

janina: 11 highly specific and actionable comments that do not substantively change the document.

janina: we're getting close to a document providing advice for canned media as well. Becky or I will end up conducting a workshop.

janina: the report from RQTF will be relevant. Timed text knows this is coming.

janina: we will also let Silver know since it will impact WCAG3.0, probably less than a month away.

janina: RQTF is also working on a document for natural language (NAUR)

<janina> https://www.w3.org/2021/04/07-pronunciation-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary

janina: moving on to pronunciation...

janina: a request for APA to run a CfC on the first public working draft

janina: once Michael approves, we want to sent it out for wider consensus.

janina: I'll also speak to COGA: we're ready to publish with some minor modifications and editorial updates.

janina: we also need a snapshot URL for content useable, Michael

<MichaelC> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/coga/c069311e31de5aaafcecbb778fd5f466b99272eb/content-usable/index.html

<Zakim> JF, you wanted to ask about COGA gender labels issue

MichaelC: they made it consistent

janina: next steps for pronunciation would be to approve running the CfC and get a url for that as well

becky: personalization didn't meet, we had people out for the holiday

FAST Progress

janina: when we logged the resolution in pronunciation, we had a color contrast issue in the minutes. JF can provide more details. We may need to address the template.

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/scribe2

MichaelC: please post an issue or PR

JF: I will take this as an issue

Action: JF to file bug against color contrast in minutes template (Orange)

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2286 - File bug against color contrast in minutes template (orange) [on John Foliot - due 2021-04-14].

MichaelC: in the silver functional leads group we're steering toward a list of user needs but more could come from that

MichaelC: we should have something to share soon

New Charters Review

<becky> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

MichaelC: there are no new groups

Horizontal Review Issues Tracker

<becky> https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

MichaelC: there are no new issues to our attention this week

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MichaelC: there's nothing new this week

CSS Update (Amy) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

amy_c: Rachael Andrews wanted review on this

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/2

amy_c: I'll take a look at it.

amy_c: I was looking at closing the CSS fonts module level 4 review

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/17

amy_c: I was just checking if we need to make some sort of accessibility statement

becky: previous statement was about wingdings fonts used where we now have emojis more common

MichaelC: providing alternatives if you're using fonts that don't align with their unicode code points

amy_c: we'll offer an accessibility consideration so they can close

MichaelC: I added a comment

Dangling Spec Review Cleanup:

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

MichaelC: I went through another 5 in the last week

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Data_Catalog_Vocabulary_(DCAT)_-_Version_3

<MichaelC> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Jan/0006.html

janina: sounds OK to me

becky: agree

janina: it goes to the chairs and then a cfc

becky: I can do it in the next couple of days

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_App_Manifest_-_Application_Information

<MichaelC> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Feb/0048.html


<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/The_Screen_Fold_API

<MichaelC> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Jan/0004.html

janina: we may want to issue a cfc for this oen.

MichaelC: web RTC next use cases

janina: the result is the RAUR

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebXR_Gamepads_Module_-_Level_1

janina: the XAUR addresses this, and we've got silver involved

becky: do we wait for Josh? It's almost a year old.

Actions Checkin (Specs)

Other Business

<JF> Huge +1

<becky> https://github.com/dataviza11y/Why-We-Exist

<becky> DataViz Accessibility Advocacy and Advisory Group (above link)

<becky> https://fizz.studio/ Doug Scheppers home pages

Summary of action items

  1. JF to file bug against color contrast in minutes template (Orange)
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).


Maybe present: becky, MichaelC