Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

03 February 2021


amy_c, becky, Ela, Gottfried, IanPouncey, Irfan, janina, JF, joconnor, Jonny_James, JPaton, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC, NeilS, paul_grenier, tom_babinszki
LĂ©onie Watson, Matthew Atkinson

Meeting minutes


Agenda Review & Announcements

APA Rechartering Begins -https://raw.githack.com/w3c/apa/charter-2021/charter.html

becky: we need to take some time on this call to review

becky: last week we talked about scope (reads out of scope)

becky: any discussion?

becky: (reads personalization)

becky: (reads pronunciation)

becky: any discussion?

becky: (reads other deliverables)

becky: these are the non-normative documents we may create

JF: we've already delivered (some) maur and captcha

janina: we have some updates planned but we can add a note

JF: we can clarify this section, making it more accurate, I don't see the zaur or raur as well, might be worth mentioning

janina: maybe we want a more generic statement with examples

MichaelC: some are omitted due to completion

JF: what if we said ongoing maintenance of documents like:... ?

becky: we need to update the timeline

MichaelC: I broke it up into categories

<MichaelC> Supporting documents for Personalization such as Personalization Semantics Explainer and Requirements for Personalization Semantics, etc.;

<MichaelC> Supporting documents for Pronunciation such as Explainer: Improving Spoken Presentation, Pronunciation Gap analysis and use cases, Pronunciation User Scenarios, best practices, etc.;

<MichaelC> Supporting resources for Specification Review such as Framework for Accessible Specification of Technologies and FAST checklist, Reviews of web technology specifications sent to maintaining entities and Working Group Notes to formalize accessibility knowledge on specific topics as the need arises;

<MichaelC> Accessibility User Requirements such as Media Accessibility User Requirements and others;

<MichaelC> Research reports addressing, as needed, gaps identified during accessibility reviews of draft specifications, and/or technical questions emerging through other aspects of accessibility reviews;

<MichaelC> Test suite and implementation reports for normative specifications;

becky: the rest is all boilerplate and hasn't changed much

(minor changes to w3c groups section)

becky: any other external organizations we need to coordinate with?

<Zakim> JF, you wanted to comment on 2.2: Other Deliverables

(adding ITU)

<becky> https://www.itu.int/en/Pages/default.aspx

becky: there's a new patent policy we have to accept once the charter is accepted

becky: that process will kick everyone out of the group and you'll have to rejoin

janina: in July

janina: we're dropping COGA which we co-manage to simplify the administration but it doesn't mean we're dropping their participation or input they provide important expertise

janina: COGA will continue to work with AGWAG to help get their input into wcag3. For emerging specification we will continue to need their help. They were instrumental in creating the personalization task force.

janina: I will join the COGA call to discuss, if anyone else wants to bring up opinions there will be a call for consensus

NeilS: do we know why COGA doesn't participate in the APA calls?

janina: they've been very busy with wcag. They had a choice and most aren't apa members. We need their support in APA, I recommend we coordinate with a liason.

ask JF

<Zakim> JF, you wanted to ask about other TF's under AG WG

JF: do we want a more formal description of the work arrangements?

janina: agree. I think that's a Judy question. Something we raise, Michael to discuss.

Agenda Review & Announcements

Task Force Updates

becky: personalization did meet and we're working through our open issues to produce our first CR for content module

janina: research questions is coming together and it's very active

<Irfan> https://w3c.github.io/pronunciation/technical-approach/

Irfan: we have a specific question, the technical approach document from pronunciation, we have included a JSON schema. What are the formatting standards?

MichaelC: i recommend making it an external file and linking it in the same folder or publish it somewhere else. With aria we published in a non-TR location.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/schemata/

JF: publishing all taxonomy terms in wcag21 were listed so maybe it would help to publish those separately to it can move between documents, Michael, can you explain that?

MichaelC: schemas are all published under /schemata a common registry of terms would be helpful we should coordinate with the other groups.

JF: can we take that as an action item?

MichaelC: it's really an AG thing but we can address it

MichaelC: the topic of registries has come up so we want to coordinate

JF: I'd personally like to get involved

Horizontal Review Issues Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

Action: JF to resurface common repository discussion early March. Due March 7, 2021

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2280 - Resurface common repository discussion early march. due march 7, 2021 [on John Foliot - due 2021-02-10].

becky: I filed an issue for paul's comments

<becky> Issue #1557 for Web Auth w3c/webauthn: Issue #1557

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22%22

<MichaelC> Web Machine Learning WG draft charter

MichaelC: I was asked if we would review it, it might be too low level or of interest to APA

janina: can we come back to this next week?

MichaelC: that might be too late, it's supposed to go to management very soon

janina: I'd prefer to err on the side of we care rather than we don't care

<becky> explainer: https://github.com/webmachinelearning/webnn/blob/master/explainer.md

janina: we can ask Jason to review that charter, Josh can you follow up with him?

joconnor: the color worshop

<becky> https://www.w3.org/Graphics/Color/Workshop/cfp.html

janina: call for participation is Monday

Summary of action items

  1. JF to resurface common repository discussion early March. Due March 7, 2021
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).