<IrfanA> zaki, who is here?
Agenda Review & Announcements
Editor's Draft Updates https://
w3c.github.io/ pronunciation/ technical-approach/#attribute-ssml
irfan: we need to remove inline SSML approach and add the two alternatives for attribute model with their examples.
irfan: we're dropping the inline SSML but addressing issues with JSON-based example with a multi-attribute example. Eventually, only one approach will survive.
janina: the first public working draft will have both attribute approaches and seek feedback
irfan: we need one more implementation, in addition to texthelp
JF: nvda also supports a plugin architecture, could we pursue a plugin?
mhakkinen: nvda and orca are python plugins
mhakkinen: Joanie has been influential with VoiceOver
JF: how do we get this to be a priority for Joanie?
janina: we could bring this up for some funding
janina: irfan and paul need to invite potential funding
Action: Irfan to invite Shadi to our next meeting
<trackbot> Created ACTION-21 - Invite shadi to our next meeting [on Irfan Ali - due 2021-01-20].
Review Timeline https://
github.com/ w3c/ pronunciation/ wiki/ Timeline
irfan: dec 2022 for CR is the current goal
janina: we are somewhat dependent on WHATWG to give us a reserved prefix to use instead of data-*
janina: we may need to pad the timeline to account for coordinating that
JF: do we add 6 months?
janina: other TF has gone with 12 months
mhakkinen: the implementations can proceed without that approval
janina: we can't move from CR to PR until we have a reserved word
janina: a second CR phase will be needed with the reserved word
janina: if we have implementations, we may not need to go to a second CR
irfan: timeline is updated to 2023
irfan: Mark and I will merge our changes based on the new demo in github
JF: CSUN 2021, it's too late. It seems what we'll want is the implementations so we can do show & tell.
JF: a python conference would be good if we're looking for implementors but if we're looking for content authors, we probably want to focus on places like Educause.
<JF> +1 to Janina - implementations is king
janina: we need to focus on socializing implementations right now
JF: (agree) I will draft an document about taking it out after we have those implementations
mhakkinen: Debbie Dahl would be interested (Conversational Technologies)
JF: maybe in our wiki we can capture all these socialization ideas
Action: JF to create a wiki page for social ideas
<trackbot> Created ACTION-22 - Create a wiki page for social ideas [on John Foliot - due 2021-01-20].
janina: there's a wishlist coming out of RQTF that we can add to
<IrfanA> trackbot, close action-22
<trackbot> Closed action-22.
<IrfanA> trackbot, close action-19
<trackbot> Closed action-19.