Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

03 Dec 2020


Rachael, LisaSeemanKest, stevelee, JustineP, Fazio, joconnor, BetsyFurler_
roy, ab, i_jennie
fazio, rachael


<LisaSeemanKest> ageda?

<LisaSeemanKest> and https://github.com/w3c/coga/issues

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: fazio

actions: see https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Timelines_and_actions

LS: Good job Betsie

addressing issues see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fc7TI8V6dNgFrD6wzGR8CjbbtO7Az0U-zYylrRSy8QQ/edit#

<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/coga/issues

LS: 200 issues to get through on Github
... Need more participation in Editors calls
... 2 - 4 discussions each week over GitHub issues
... Read Approval Discuss method will be implemented to streamline resolving issues

<Rachael> +1

<JustineP> +1

<stevelee> +1

<BetsyFurler_> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

LS: Patterns need discussion

mine is done

LS: pattern authors need to be present during review of their pattern

<LisaSeemanKest> https://doodle.com/poll/rxitx58y3q4q3xmm?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

LS: Do 1 - 2 hour meetings a week sound reasonable to resolve issues?

<Rachael> Thursdays are good for EA, David can make a few hours most days but not all day any day

<kirkwood> will do!

Setting date for meeting : https://doodle.com/poll/rxitx58y3q4q3xmm?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

<LisaSeemanKest> done

<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Nov/0033.html

Rachael: most changes are editorial

<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/coga/pull/226/files

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

LS: If more discussion needed please indicate

<_BetsyFurler_> +1

<JustineP> +1

<EA_> +1

LS: should use boiler plate response text to thank GitHub reviewers

read aprove or discuss: rachaels email https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Nov/0033.html

<Rachael> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Dec/0009.html

Rachael: Meeting with EO is needd

LS: document restructure was requested. We opted to add references instead

SL: Does review of other sources need clarification?

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

Rachael: number of reviews would take 1 year

<stevelee> +1

<JustineP> +1 given that the document is non-normative

<EA_> +1


read approve or discuss: EO update

<BetsyFurler_> +1

<kirkwood> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/wai-wcag-supporting-documents-redesign/

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/wai-wcag-supporting-documents-redesign/2020-07-15-coga.html

LS: what should we add to Shadi's proposal if anything?

<stevelee> +1 to using side bar for links etc

I can't look now


<LisaSeemanKest> john do u want to be on a call to discuss this?

Rachael: schedule time to review and discuss

send it in email

<stevelee> +1

<Rachael> +1



EA: concerned about translation of right side into other cultures

Rachael: flexibility to January was implied

send invite I'll do my best

5 am here

830 mine

that's good for me

<kirkwood> sorry i cut off there lisa!

<kirkwood> yews

<kirkwood> yes

<kirkwood> :)

<kirkwood> no unfortnately

<LisaSeemanKest> 11.30 est monday

<LisaSeemanKest> ?

<kirkwood> yes

shardis proposal - See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Dec/0006.html

<kirkwood> actaully can reschedule the 9 that would work if necessary

<LisaSeemanKest> ack f\

<LisaSeemanKest> icons at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aRoYev1aAIHhIq37Itt96ueBwLh5zXMUeJBYxL0MCkQ/edit

can someone take over scribe? I need to get ready to leave

<Rachael> scribe: rachael

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

<Fazio> thx

Lisa: Approval request for icons at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aRoYev1aAIHhIq37Itt96ueBwLh5zXMUeJBYxL0MCkQ/edit
... Are they going to do the ticks and X?

Justine: I thought we had decided to scrap that idea.

Lisa: I would like one but how does everyone else feel?
... a tick by the good examples and an X by the bad ones. Does everyone agree with an icon by the Dos and one by the avoid?

<LisaSeemanKest> +1


<EA_> querying three fingers as being acceptable in all countries?

<EA_> or just mistaken for meaning more than three

Lisa: Good point.

Justine: I can look into it.

Lisa: Been adopted by some protestors

<EA_> what about a dice with three dots

Lisa: Any other comments?

<EA_> it is used in communication symbols for numbers

<LisaSeemanKest> =>

Lisa: You could have 3 dots on a dice but three fingers may be easier to understand.
... We may also need and icon next to the What to Do section.
... A check next to the Dos, An X next to the avoids.
... You would have an icon next to the What to Do to draw attention to it. Does that make sense?

Rachael: I am concerned that too many icons may reduce the effectiveness of the icons.

Lisa: We have a how to do section that would be between them. The most important thing is what to do.
... then you scroll down. The most that would be on the screen would be 3 icons.

Rachael: I woudl need to see it.

Lisa: Justine, can we ask for them?

Justine: I can. Can you remind me what we wanted for the Do and Avoid?

Lisa: Just a black and white tick and X
... We have a follow on call. We will stay on this call.

<LisaSeemanKest> next meeting on this channel

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/12/03 16:02:23 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Rachael, LisaSeemanKest, stevelee, JustineP, Fazio, joconnor
Present: Rachael LisaSeemanKest stevelee JustineP Fazio joconnor BetsyFurler_
Regrets: roy ab i_jennie
Found Scribe: fazio
Inferring ScribeNick: Fazio
Found Scribe: rachael
Inferring ScribeNick: Rachael
Scribes: fazio, rachael
ScribeNicks: Fazio, Rachael

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 03 Dec 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]