Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

01 Oct 2020


Jennie, stevelee_, Fazio, BetsyFurler, JohnRochford, kirkwood, Rachael


<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

<LisaSeemanKest> steve can u scribe?

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: stevelee_

actions and updates https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage

Rachael working on issues small editorial changes

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O3zMXCDhycSTxY4ofpT3-Tf7MQnoZ890naMRkNXwoNk/edit#gid=0

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wffN29_8YxjeL4E_wUHtKt6AGo0q3d--6cx2zZjThgg/edit

<kirkwood> i agree to that call

Agree to have a zoom drop-in call for Patterns work next Monday. Rachael to send invite

jennie: does anyone know good file size for graphics?

lisa: depends on how used on the page

steve: perhaps publishing process will set size

jennie: will ask someone who produces images and send to list

john: i push people to SVG which is scalable

<LisaSeemanKest> next, item

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

<Rachael> Silver Requirements Document: https://w3c.github.io/silver/requirements/

<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Sep/0052.html

<Fazio> +1

lisa: am concerned that if user requirements not included in the CFF it will not be corretly included later in the work on Silver

I can unmute!


screen died

steve: agree this would be a problem but can't judge if it is a risk in the current document

<Rachael> Disability Needs: An improved measurement and conformance structure that includes guidance for a broad range of disabilities. This includes particular attention to the needs of low vision and cognitive accessibility, whose needs don't tend to fit the true/false statement success criteria of WCAG 2.x.

Rachael: suggest this text in the scope might be moved to the requirements with minimal process impact (delay)

<LisaSeemanKest> the level of accomidation across difreng group will be aproximitly equal such that blockess to access are at the same level irralgless of the disabilty group they affect

lisa would like ^^ added

rachael: the draft Silver doc is very coga friendly

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f4NhQMtQthDbShVje3evTqELBa9eR6eSyoA31Jjlgm4/edit#heading=h.38pppwromd4r

lisa: the agreement section is really worth checking we are happy

<LisaSeemanKest> are the agreement section

<Rachael> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

<kirkwood> +1

<Jennie> +1

lisa: will scribe a CFC and send to the list

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/10/01 15:02:41 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Jennie stevelee_ Fazio BetsyFurler JohnRochford kirkwood Rachael
Regrets: abi
Found Scribe: stevelee_
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee_
Found Date: 01 Oct 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]