30 Sep 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner


<scribe> scribe: dape

<scribe> scribeNick: dape

Minutes approval

--> https://www.w3.org/2020/09/23-wot-td-minutes.html

Sebastian: discussed many PRs
... some were merged
... others need further discussions

-> minutes approved

TD session next week

Sebastian: everyone is busy
... suggest to cancel the call
... would like to make all decisions today

McCool: few clean-up things will remain
... might be to you Sebastian

Kaz: Suggest to get back to the topic after the call today

Sebastian: Makes sense


Sebastian: see agenda, https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020

Preparation for FPWD TD 1.1 , PRs https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pulls

<kaz> PR 960

Sebastian: PR#960, https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/960
... new entry in default

Daniel: Correct

Cristiano: Agree to merge

Daniel: Issue, changed index instead of template

Sebastian: conflict anyway

Daniel: OK, will resolve conflict and ping SK

Sebastian: No concerns, will merge after updates were made
... PR#945, https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/945

McCool: comment mentions that breaks interoeprability
... defer to 2.0

Sebastian: Okay
... PR#944, https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/944

McCool: could be done for 1.1
... Ege mentioned that there are no implementations
... recursive schemes allowed?
... need to document use case
... prefer to allow recursion
... however suggest adding "at risk" label

Ege: w.r.t. recursive: limit steps ?

McCool: flattening is possible
... editors note can explain the algorithm
... profile can limit recursion
... proxy use case might need recursion

Ege: proxies might need a *new* TD anyway

McCool: need combinations
... listing is possible but get verbose

Ege: I don't think we should go for recursive complexity

Kaz: related to thing model discussion
... I think we need clear use case description

McCool: I have use case in mind. Need to write it up
... can add editors note
... please create issue and assign it to me (McCool)

Sebastian: Suggest merging it
... conflicts need to be resolved

McCool: OK, will resolve conflicts and merge

Sebastian: PR#943, https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/943

McCool: Need to discuss it with JSON-LD
... suggest merging it and mark it "at risk"

Sebastian: Conflicts need to be resolved

McCool: will fix it

Sebastian: ok for merging, no objections
... PR#938, https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/938
... thing model moved
... integrated feedback from MMC
... some minor fixes the recent days

McCool: Q: How to handle JSON Schema, what is the difference
... suggest we create issue: having JSON schema for thing model

Sebastian: added also note that the work is still in progress
... believe it's a good starting point

McCool: agree with merging

Sebastian: created issue, see https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/972

McCool: could also use a patch for the differences

Sebastian: PR#869, https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/869

Daniel: Need to decide whether addition is useful
... list of possible content types

Sebastian: Yes, i think it is just a suggestions

Cristiano: Same problem Ege mentioned
... no implementation is ready
... mark it "at risk" ?
... reasonable to add it
... never tried to implement it

Sebastian: Instead of MAY we can use also weaker term

Cristiano: In the end it is a problem of the implementation

<Ege> somebody called me, I am back online

Cristiano: can provide some hints

Ege: "implementations" could be just a TD having these terms

Cristiano: I think we need a test with a consumer

Ege: agree, but this is the case for many assertions

Sebastian: Shall we mark it at risk?

Cristiano: Makes sense

Ege: CBOR would just work.. other is more complex

Sebastian: Would be OK to merge it today/tomorrow

Kaz: You will send a message about review to the group list tomorrow?

Sebastian: Yes
... OK, that leads to have no TD meeting next week
... I am optimistic that we re in time for publication

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/11/04 16:26:14 $