Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

23 Sep 2020


scott_h, nicolocarp, joconnor, SteveNoble, Joshue, jasonjgw, sajkaj, Joshue108


<scott_h> chair+ scott_h

<scott_h> trackbot, start meeting

<sajkaj> cd #rqtf

Janina sent information about the timed text meeting

<Joshue108> SN: I've been doing some reading

<Joshue108> Went over them - digging through

<Joshue108> Many try to see if people can tell the difference.

<Joshue108> How wide is the window where users recognise problems?

<Joshue108> ALso at what point do these issues interfere with comprehension, or indeed improve it.

<Joshue108> Problems occur when video and audio quality is poor

Add notes to wiki page

Annotate the wiki page

Conclusion - humans are by nature lip readers

May be that optimal that video be some amount of time ahead of audio

See if these time envelopes change for people with different types of disabilities


Meeting are still being scheduled

<Joshue108> https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/htmlembed?src=c_0qf6nepl12m1b0r8qlgtgdaqog@group.calendar.google.com&amp;ctz=America/New_York

TPAC Google calendar should adjust to your local time zone

Videos are in process to explain issues being addressed

Jason: do we know where these videos are to be served?

Janina: can probably use Rednote space

Josh: clear idea of what we are illustrating and a good script is vital

<Joshue108> https://w3c.github.io/apa/xaur/

<Joshue108> This relates to immersive geolocation requirement for HTML

<Joshue108> This would be something interesting for Peter Rushford.

The idea is a mechanism to let you know where the audio is coming from in the immersive environment

Which way to turn your head to see where the audio is coming from

This topic will remain timely for some time due to COVID-19 and beyond

The person signing and the person for whom the signing is done need to be pinned together

<Zakim> Joshue, you wanted to ask if we should delay RAUR update

<Zakim> joconnor, you wanted to ask Janina about video demo piece with Lisa

Josh: suggest delaying the RAUR and gather what we need for remote meetings

Janina: we can explain that when we meet in TPAC

<Joshue108> Sounds good

<Joshue108> I hope to push RAUR next week

Josh: personalization video - in process; may be about good to go

<scott_h> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/09/23 13:56:12 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: scott_h, nicolocarp, joconnor, SteveNoble, Joshue, jasonjgw, sajkaj
Present: scott_h nicolocarp joconnor SteveNoble Joshue jasonjgw sajkaj Joshue108
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: SteveNoble
Inferring Scribes: SteveNoble

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Found Date: 23 Sep 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]