Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

17 Sep 2020



addison, Felix, David, Fuqiao, Richard
Addison Phillips


trackbot, prepare teleconference

<agendabot> clear agenda

<scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items



<trackbot> action-949 -- Felix Sasaki to Propose text for spec dev around examples such as personal names -- due 2020-09-03 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/949

close action-949

<trackbot> Closed action-949.

felix: other items always have a referece to a QA document
... do we need one here?

<fsasaki> Pull request is here: https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/pull/48

Info Share

<xfq> https://www.w3.org/Tools/AgendaBot/manual.html#find

fuqiao: share latest new features of agendabot

<agendabot> agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Sep/0009.html

<agendabot> clear agenda

fuqiao: can use agendabot to find the agenda...

richard: busy last week developing about 100 tests for logical properties spec
... text-align start/end instead of left/right and so forth
... the tests tests things in ltr/rtl and ttb ltr/rtl
... most are actually supported!
... not supported are summary ones
... if you break down works
... has keyword 'logical' but browsers don't actually do that
... will upload next week along with results

RADAR Review


review action 949 PR


<fsasaki> https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/pull/48/commits/30caf1b727a0c4f919a172d309a0647e2b080594


perhaps s/then working/when working/ ?

addison: give examples

Charmod-Norm: review new normative text



richard: turn last sentence of application internal into mustard

publish as note?

wide review first?

richard: probably

need to set back to WD

update changes section

<scribe> ACTION: addison: update PR of charmod-norm, merge, and send text to richard for posting as a wide review

<trackbot> Created ACTION-955 - Update pr of charmod-norm, merge, and send text to richard for posting as a wide review [on Addison Phillips - due 2020-09-24].

LTLI changes


david: colors are great, but what about a11y?

felix: created an issue this morning

<fsasaki> see https://github.com/w3c/ltli/issues/18

richard: the Unicode locale definition has full stop after it. Others have no full stop

addison: I will clean for consistency
... convert to dictionary style for definitions

Natural Language ("language")

Felix: no example of gaps or recommendations?

addison: none currently

"rootle around for gaps"


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: addison: update PR of charmod-norm, merge, and send text to richard for posting as a wide review

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/09/17 14:48:06 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/note:/note?/
Present: addison Felix David Fuqiao Richard
Found ScribeNick: addison
Inferring Scribes: addison
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Sep/0009.html
Found Date: 17 Sep 2020
People with action items: addison charmod-norm merge of pr send text update

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]