Silver XR Subgroup

27 Jul 2020


jeanne, CharlesHall, silver, Crispy, Judy


<CharlesHall> this happened on Friday: https://immersive-web.github.io/webxr-hand-input/

MC: [discussion of XR Access]

<scribe> scribe: jeanne

JB: There is the XR access group that I have been coordinating with, and the Immersive Captions group
... Last week they started working on hardware

MC: Who else should we coordinate with him? Are there other groups?

JS: And we also have been coordinating with RQTF through Joshue.

JB: Chris Hughes has also been doing recent work

CH: I think you got the most important groups, but there were a number of breakout sessions where the google docs are now available. The Accessibility Object Model and APIs being leverage to create profile identity -- a way to take your preferences from environment to environment.

JB: XR Access -- did anyone note that seizure triggers were an issue?

CH: It was noted in the Tech Access channel in the Slack community.

MC: That is included in our user needs

<michaelcrabb> https://w3c.github.io/silver/subgroups/xr/captioning/xr-captioning-user-needs.html

<CharlesHall> notes from XR Symposium breakout 2.2 on AOM/API: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zKMlpuj57cnD8qmCxLZUm9VfwzdvCURcL-w1Xtvsmzg/edit?usp=sharing

JB: I have colleagues at MIT who are working on how to buffer the incoming streams

<CharlesHall> notes from XR Symposium breakout 1.2 captions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12xM5HqJyAqR-jwlzPxgaKrQzy3wLcdbxFMpHd4sGDLg/edit?usp=sharing

<Judy> https://www.w3.org/community/immersive-captions/

JS: When captions are attached to objects, there is a need for boundaries of depth perception of captions -- they potentially could apply from infinitely small to infinitely large
... there was a participant in the XR Access breakout session who offered to connect groups with contacts in the deaf-blind community.
... we also need to look at the results from the audio description breakout session.

Functional Outcomes

<CharlesHall> there are no results for ‘cognitive’ or ‘depth’ in the Immersive Web CG mailing list

<michaelcrabb> Silver Tagging: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nqyIuJ9_goXGHKPa3o9l7pXk-CYzfsEn22HKK3V61C4/edit

MC: There is a new version of the project in Github

<CharlesHall> sorry, Immersive Captions CG

MC: Once we have Ideas for Tagging settled, we can move on.

<CharlesHall> Sorry, I have to drop off the call at 9:50 to prep for another meeting.

<michaelcrabb> https://w3c.github.io/silver/subgroups/xr/captioning/functional-outcomes.html

MC: I want to present this at the meeting tomorrow.
... We should look at what ACT has for tests

JS: I will look for the link for the ACT tests

https://act-rules.github.io/rules/ -> ACT rules

CP: I will reconnect with Spencer to see what the problem was.
... are there any disabilities that he should be prepared for with the demo?

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/07/27 14:01:33 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/ctreams/streams/
Present: jeanne CharlesHall silver Crispy Judy
Regrets: Joshue
Found Scribe: jeanne
Inferring ScribeNick: jeanne

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]