Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

17 Jun 2020


janina, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC, jasonjgw, becky, Irfan, JF, NeilS
Irfan, becky


<Irfan> scribe: Irfan

Agenda Review & Announcements

janina: standard agenda.. talk about umcpmiing workshop including ML and TPAC.

anything else, anybody? none.

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

janina: there are some activities to decide if it is going to be more than one week starting little early.

jf: ideal session is 2 hours, any longer than 2 hours will make people less interested.

that has worked for some of our clients in virtual clients

janina: like the feedback

<JF> 90 mins - 10 mins - 90 mins - 1 hour - 90 mns - 10 mins - 90 mins

mc: we should plan for 30 minutes or 1 hour break

jf: 30 minutes sounds reasonable

mc: in tpac JF's model fits well.

bg: people need break to keep-up their online presence

Task Force Updates (including COGA CfC Update)

mc: there is a meeting right after this call to decide wg to move to cfc

jf: any high level mike?

janina: probably not APA concern.

ns: we participated in diagram code sprint and improved the ssml tool. modified page with more options. you could experience with real life example.. you could call an external page , sleect the content and update it in your tool

js: s/sleect/select

ns: this is relatively small subset that has been proposed

jf: wondering if we want to start little granule to it. involving some browser vendor.

js: this is exactly like conversation we would like to have involving more people who are interested.
... personalization and qtf moving forward

Web & Machine Learning Workshop https://www.w3.org/2020/06/machine-learning-workshop/

do we want to bring an agenda to the meeting instead of just participating in this workshop?

jw: it seems to me. it depends upon scope of workshop.

js: hopefully there is scope attr.

jf: some of the work that we are doing personalization is related to this discussion
... wondering if they are having a digital version of poster session. we can create create a page of high level activity of this workshop

would love to talk to someone who got more ML experience

js: our position is more to learn than trying to present

becky: looking web a11y opportunity in ML session.

wondering if web a11y will come-up in this workshop

mc: ML is great hope for personalization. like FB is using it. we want to encourage that thing to happen

<MichaelC> mc: also want to be very clear about potential bias, the breadth of disabilities means lots of intention need to avoid creating biased machine learning

josh: I am looking for opportunity to learn.. it is better to learn than going with half baked idea. dont have a big agenda but want to learn more possibilities

becky: thinking may be personalization demo will help people to get some idea.

FAST Progress -- Josh

josh: have nothing to update on this one.

mc and i talked about it. it gonna take me another week

<becky> scribe: becky

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

<MichaelC> Chinese Web Interest Group Draft Charter

Michael: Interest group coordinating with the Web mini-app group; charter has no major differences from past version; Roy is in this IG

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Michael: 16 or so publications from I18N for gap analysis and layout issues

Janina: group agrees no need to review

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

Janina: Makoto is actively contributing on pronunciation so will thank him for his contributions before sending email to ask about Japanese font

becky: reviewed action item about new form control for switches - group agrees we should take this up with ARIA https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2261


MA: looked into this issue as well - original issue was closed in favor of another, earlier, original issue

<Matthew_Atkinson> The original thread is https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4180

Michael: will track on issue 4180 and sign off on 5625

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/06/17 17:01:09 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina Matthew_Atkinson MichaelC jasonjgw becky Irfan JF NeilS
Found Scribe: Irfan
Inferring ScribeNick: Irfan
Found Scribe: becky
Inferring ScribeNick: becky
Scribes: Irfan, becky
ScribeNicks: Irfan, becky
Found Date: 17 Jun 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]