APA Teleconference of 27 May 2020

27 May 2020


janina, JF, Matthew_Atkinson, becky, irfan, MichaelC, Joanmarie_Diggs, Joshue108


<scribe> scribe: becky

Agenda Review & Announcements

Janina: stock agenda plus discussion of FAST
... TPAC will happen, it will be virtual

Task Force Updates

Janina: COGA CfC didn't get many comments; has been discussion about it within AGWG and asked for changes
... will rerun the CfC once changes are complete; new version may be next week
... RQTF continues to look at XAUR have gotten comments and made updates. Hoping for new WD in July followed by RTC user req. document
... this will give time to review these before TPAC;
... completed the request for meetings with other groups at TPAC - still waiting for TPAC details

Irfan: trying to achieve update to pronunciation doc. by early June

Janina: still working out virtual TPAC details - scheduling across time zones will be difficult
... task forces are busy and making progress

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

FAST Progress -- Josh

Josh: this is a rolling item - demoed last week and got some comments
... incorporating github pointers - thinking about format for that
... adding more info to evaluation

<Joshue108> Adding a checkbox that marks a category as not-relevant: This will recursively add all checkpoints in a category as N/A.

Janina: what do we mean by linking github issues? And, how to integrate FAST into our new dashboard; want info to flow between groups' specs we are reviewing;
... want to track interaction without duplicating info in multiple places
... need to capture the progress and comments as move through FAST process; does it make sense to incorporate into the dashboard?

<JF> +1 - can it be as simple as adding a link to the dashboard?

Michael: are we referring into the horizontal review dashboard? right now they are completely separate - not trivial to implement

JF: can we at least refer people asking for horizontal review to FAST via a link

Janina: yes, and would be good to be automated

Michael: don't want it on every comment - would take more coding to implement only on the first request

josh: would like to see dashboard and any api info

Michael: no formal api

Janina: good to keep track of these automation possibilities and emerging toolset
... FAST tracking over time is going to be important until we sign off on documents; having dashboard and FAST working together and github issues and people involved are important to keep track
... keeping track of people working on issues and be able to generate a mail to all involved
... would help to speed up communications

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

Michael: no new charters

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Michael: CSS box sizing module level 4 FPWD

<MichaelC> CSS Box Sizing Module Level 4

Michael: previously reviewed level 3 in 2016 - no a11y impact at that time
... allows box to stretch to include a containing box but doesn't seem to stretch the contents; if content clipped it could be a11y issue

Janina: do we want to ask CSS about these?

Michael: suggest defer review (there are comments about needed more clarity in the current document)

Janina: will defer for now

<MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to ping review of https://www.w3.org/TR/css-sizing-4/ CSS Box Sizing Module Level 4 - due 6 months

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2258 - Ping review of https://www.w3.org/tr/css-sizing-4/ css box sizing module level 4 [on Michael Cooper - due 2020-11-27].

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<MichaelC> action-2258: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Box_Sizing_Module_Level_4

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2258 Ping review of https://www.w3.org/tr/css-sizing-4/ css box sizing module level 4.

Michael: Janina to review image resource - started
... media queries level 5 review by Leonie - we can close

<MichaelC> close action-2247

<trackbot> Closed action-2247.

Michael: Ian manage review of CSS transforms
... irfan to review CSS speech

<MichaelC> close action-2237

<trackbot> Closed action-2237.

Michael: Gottfried to review CSS media queries

Janina: need to review with Gottfried and include personalization

Michael; Becky to review picture in picture - issue created in the dashboard

<MichaelC> close action-2235

<trackbot> Closed action-2235.

<MichaelC> close action-2232

<trackbot> Closed action-2232.

Michael: JF was going to review media session;

<MichaelC> close action-2230

<trackbot> Closed action-2230.

Michael: Janina to review web authentication - was a huge spec but completed review

<MichaelC> close action-2224

<trackbot> Closed action-2224.

<MichaelC> close action-2225

<trackbot> Closed action-2225.

JF: media session is a FPWD would like another reviewer -there is a security and privacy considerations; also talking about meta-data the user agent can use for playback

<JF> https://www.w3.org/TR/mediasession/

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to work with JF on review of media session standard https://www.w3.org/tr/mediasession/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2259 - Work with jf on review of media session standard https://www.w3.org/tr/mediasession/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2020-06-03].

<MichaelC> action-2259: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Session_Standard

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2259 Work with jf on review of media session standard https://www.w3.org/tr/mediasession/.

JF: may want to bring up in personalization call - due to metadata piece

<MichaelC> action-2259: see action-2234

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2259 Work with jf on review of media session standard https://www.w3.org/tr/mediasession/.

<MichaelC> action-2234: see action-2259

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2234 Review media session standard https://www.w3.org/tr/mediasession/.

Michael: close one assigned to Gottfried on TTML profiles
... JF and Josh to review scalable video encoding extension

<JF> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Scalable_Video_Coding_(SVC)_Extension_for_WebRTC

Josh: did look at it but not easily understood - seems like plumbing

JF: +1 that it looks like plumbing

<MichaelC> close action-2218

<trackbot> Closed action-2218.

<MichaelC> close action-2219

<trackbot> Closed action-2219.

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

Michael: no new issues raised for attention; TTML ones dealt with except for add an introduction; there is a pull request and we should get another chance to review

<JF> https://github.com/w3c/mediasession/issues/256

JF: Media session info: related to this is the issue of not being able to add alt text for a poster; similar issue in media session - looking at adding addn. metadata - one of which is media images
... good idea to combine these two issues since they are related
... should APA consider reconvening Media A11y TF to work these issues?

Janina: MAUR is still relevant but not all is implemented; immersive Web getting bigger - and goes beyond MAUR - thus perhaps MAUR needs updating to deal with this
... not sure is there is enough for a TF but might be able to work through issues with media sessions and XAUR

Michael: am in favor of starting up MAUR since there are several groups working on media updates

JF: maybe a review by APA to pull together a list that we might want to revisit or assign to other groups

Michael: move video conf. a11y out of RQTF and into a media group; keep media group within APA but get input from other groups

Janina: will take the idea of restarting MAUR under advisement and revisit next week

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: cooper to ping review of https://www.w3.org/TR/css-sizing-4/ CSS Box Sizing Module Level 4 - due 6 months
[NEW] ACTION: janina to work with JF on review of media session standard https://www.w3.org/tr/mediasession/

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/05/27 17:00:20 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina JF Matthew_Atkinson becky irfan MichaelC Joanmarie_Diggs Joshue108
Found Scribe: becky
Inferring ScribeNick: becky

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: cooper janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]