Silver Task Force & Community Group

26 May 2020


jeanne, Chuck, Lauriat, CharlesHall, michaelcrabb, Fazio, JF, Joshue108, Detlev, KimD, Rachael, Makoto, bruce_bailey, ChrisLoiselle, kirkwood, JakeAbma, sajkaj
Shawn, jeanne


<jeanne> aghenda?

<scribe> scribe:ChrisLoiselle

Subgroup check-in

<bruce_bailey> i have no updates to report

<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page#Sub_Groups

Jeanne: Alt text update - Makoto can update if he joins.

ChrisLoiselle: We are meeting Thursday, no new updates.

Jeanne: Benchmarking proposal update from Jake?

Jake: For technical pass / fail with blended user experience testing with benchmarks, I talked with Jeanne about it. It may be too early to showcase, but there is a new directory about benchmarking.

Headings would be a fail and a pass and you'd give it a rating. You'd also give the task a rating.

every benchmark will have questions, also answering on task itself.

User disability types and functional outcomes will be looked at for proper total , to include everyone. I think within two weeks , we could do search and search results and headings . Headings , labels, submit button and link for experiment guidelines.

Questions for tasks would be same, i.e. log in or search task, would have same type of elements . We'd be able to compare outcomes and scoring to see if it is what we are looking for.

BruceB: Sounds great, nice progress Jake.

<kirkwood> how do you forsee approach with co occuring disabiiteis?

Jake: Making it easy and approachable is important.

I will follow up with a benchmarking expert and provide my feedback once I talk to them.

Jeanne: Jake's proposal ties in a lot of what we were talking about, including Bruce's adjectival prior work.
... Accessibility benchmarking should also be reviewed. Janina: I can reach out to research folks. Jeanne: I can reach out to Shadi. Makoto: I can reach out to Georgio.

Anything from functional needs? MichaelC: No new update. CharlesH: I've added some definitions to document.

<Zakim> just, you wanted to say sounds very sound

New guideline to migrate

Jeanne: We took a look at the guidelines to migrate on Friday. Language of environment was interesting, as it talks to environment user agents and authoring tools. Does anyone want to to lead on this success criteria to migrate?

Other ideas for success criteria to migrate?

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page#Drafts_of_individual_WCAG_success_criteria_to_migrate_to_Silver

Pause stop hide, sensory characteristics and timing are others that are available for migration.

AGWG requests we have 6 criteria migrated.

Update on ISO 9001 coordination

Jeanne: Update on iso9000?

<jeanne> ISO 30071 is what David is talking about

DavidF: quality management standardized process for audits etc. Jake asked, is it any different than the accessibility iso standard? It would be a good idea to look at ISO in the future . Create a document that maps the wcag3 to iso standards

We've created a folder related to ISO and will figure out how to map as we move forward.

<CharlesHall> should we consult Professor Jonathan Hassell to participate in that ISO discussion?

<jeanne> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JWABeIMyMKgPZ8NwDMRf7eju5TJiu-q3

Kim: Is this supposed to empty? DavidF: Yes, we will be placing the documents into that folder.

<KimD> +1

Jeanne: How ISO can map to Silver will be placed in there. DavidF: I'll place the Google doc link into IRC once I have added the files.

<Fazio> ISO 9001 Doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DkJsigPobyhYbzt3oIR4K5k2W7wYT9JmeYOd_uzUW78/edit

Jeanne: Do you want to discuss any topic in more detail? Opening up to group.

<Detlev> Should there be a doc in the folder now? Don't see it...

Detlev: Google docs, I can't see anything within it, is there a document?

ISO 9001 Doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DkJsigPobyhYbzt3oIR4K5k2W7wYT9JmeYOd_uzUW78/edit.

ISO 9001 Doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DkJsigPobyhYbzt3oIR4K5k2W7wYT9JmeYOd_uzUW78/edit

Benchmarking Experiment: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WYA8DH3uLLJaSmwsXM0wvNm1oDG9FVQ0

Jeanne: We will end meeting. Thanks everyone!

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/05/26 14:05:03 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: jeanne Chuck Lauriat CharlesHall michaelcrabb Fazio JF Joshue108 Detlev KimD Rachael Makoto bruce_bailey ChrisLoiselle kirkwood JakeAbma sajkaj
Found Scribe: ChrisLoiselle
Inferring ScribeNick: ChrisLoiselle

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]