Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

20 May 2020


janina, Joshue, Joanmarie_Diggs, NeilS, JF, MichaelC
Becky, Gottfried, Matthew
Joshue108, JF


<Joshue108> scribe: Joshue108

Agenda Review & Announcements

JS: Stock agenda for today but we have some developments on the FAST.


Lets do intros..

We have a new member. Please say hi.

<janina introduction>

<Neil Soiffer is very interested and expert in Maths.>

Any other news?

JS: Items to share?

Task Force Updates

JS: Still waiting..

I did ping AGWG group on personalisation, new co -faciliator.

Hopefully some will get to read the document?

JS: Michael can we announce on personalisation?

MC: Yes.

JS: We need to co-ordinate.

MC: Will talk tomorrw.

<all happy>

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

JS: It is now confirmed that TPAC will be virtual.

I've not seen time announcement yet.

May run over more than one week.

We have had some feedback from TFs.

Some forms and planning stuff to be done.

Cross group meeting planning etc. Have a good idea of what we need to do.

CSS/HTML/ some other groups, TFs that we need blessing on etc.

May meet with some WHATWG people etc

WebRTC related stuff and more..

JF: Want to raise..

I withdrew two Formal Objections in HTML5 pre TR

<discusses> poster issue

The issue has been quiet.. issue has been resurrected in Github

Is this worth resolving? The Poster element.

JS: How much of a problem is it?

JF: Well,now you would not know there is a poster.

You can't add an attribute to an attribute etc.

JF: <continues some technical chat>

JS: Anyone mind if the group is associated with the issue?

JF: On the public HTML mailing list.

Heres the archive..

JS: If it is W3C we should.

JF: May also be a WHAT WG issue..

<JF> Thread starts here: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2020May/0003.html

JS: Anna set up some issue management think

JF: WOuld like to hear from Joanie

JD: Not up to speed.

JS: Lets come back to it..

We can put it on our dashboard for tracking.

JF: Could be a TPAC type thing.

JS: Whats the other issue?

JF: Thats it

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

MC: No new charters..

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: There are two, not new but need recheck.

CSS display module level 3

<MichaelC> CSS Display Module Level 3

<gives overview>

This went to CR without fixing issue.

Wide review annoucement has been made.

Good time to get back to this.

JS: Issue fixed?

MC: Dont now

JS: Could put this on backlog for active issues in CSS TF.
... We want to be blocking this.

MC: This was closed and reopened. I'll add a11y needs resolution label.
... Wide review annoucement sent, and due on the same day.

JS: Who reviewed it last etc?

MC: Issue filed by Johnny James.

JS: Can be assigned to him. I can ping him and Ian.

MC: Next Spec also CSS

<MichaelC> CSS Positioned Layout Module Level 3

CSS position layout module Level 3

Updated 2016 => republished

Leonie, Fred, Cynthia down for review in 2016.

Can be added to AAM list

A part of CSS navigation, which we're not really working on..

JS: Same status as before..

CSS needs to change something in this spec.

JF: We are lacking CSS expertise here.
... Could we put out a call? Looking for CSS and a11y people?

MC: We could, and have done.

There are people in the CSS TF interested but need leadership.

JS: We will talk further about this..

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

MC: Thats it

JS: Report please.

JF: Sort of..

JS: You can go next John
... We can close Gottfrieds action. Thats progressed, we are clear.

Color and Visual Contrast on our Github Dashboard http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2252

JS: We can make sure out TTML flags are cleared

JF: Ok, with apologies, I hope to screen share in Zoom.

<JF demonstrats options and challenges for this>

JF: Some combos are practically impossible.

<Discussed colours and patterns>


JF: I'll scrape some tracker code etc
... Hoping to assign classes.
... Will look at this soon.

MC: Sounds good. Dont spend too much time.

JS: Thoughts comments?
... This is instructive - when AGWG looks at this SC in 2.2

We thought this would be easy.

This isn't that compex right?

JF: The challenge is working with multiple colours

Maths problem.

JF: I'm curious about this area.

MC: We did got for easiest to implement

Will prep PR

JF: This can be closed

JS: Yay.. off the agenda. We may take this up in Silver.

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

<JF> scribe: JF

FAST Checklist -- Josh

JO: update on FAST - have been working on this

Framework For Accessible Technologies

target = groups who don't have a11y awareness. FAST is designed to facilitate spec review at W3C

advises spec owners on needs and protocols

<Joshue108> https://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/

<Joshue108> https://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/checklist.html

has 2 parts: broad user needs, check list to use when undertaking review

<Joshue108> https://fast.realjoshue108.now.sh/

Josh has been working on a tool to eimplement that checklist review

has a working prototype now

seeking feedback on this prototyp[e before wider review at W3C

it generates a report in JSON that can be shared, cross referenced, etc.

intendedto be a practical tool to make specs better

MC: can we have a demo?

JO: yes

[JO doing screen share in Zoom for demo]

<Joshue108> https://github.com/RealJoshue108/FAST/tree/master/

<Joshue108> https://w3c.github.io/apa/fast/checklist.html

<Joshue108> Yup, this is a prototype

<Joshue108> https://fast.realjoshue108.now.sh/your-report

MC: Josh and I have been working on deployment strategy - will discuss further at coordination meeting (etc.)

Other Business

MC some activity under horz review tracker

<Joshue108> MC:Some activeity here

TTML comments from last week - 2 ready to close, waiting on 1 last one. We should close our tracking

MediaQueries - whether we should open this back up or not

Amelia replies this has been resolved. We should close?

JS: agree

MC: app manifest - there should be an a11y section (filed by Leonie)

do we agree to track?


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/05/20 17:01:49 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/@@/ personalisation, new  co -faciliator./
Succeeded: s/inteded /intended/
Succeeded: s/FASWT/FAST/
Succeeded: s/group0s/groups/
Default Present: janina, Joshue, Joanmarie_Diggs, NeilS, JF, MichaelC
Present: janina Joshue Joanmarie_Diggs NeilS JF MichaelC
Regrets: Becky Gottfried Matthew
Found Scribe: Joshue108
Inferring ScribeNick: Joshue108
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Scribes: Joshue108, JF
ScribeNicks: Joshue108, JF

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 20 May 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]