Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

06 May 2020


Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, becky, Joshue108, Matthew_Atkinson


<scribe> scribe: becky

Agenda Review & Announcements

Janina: noted Matthew's response to HTML - thanks? Any other news or agenda tweaks?
... heard none

Current COGA CfC -- Should we extend? https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2020Apr/0002.html

Janina: believe we should extend the deadline for comments - have gotten only 1 response, it requested substantive changes; we are out of sync with co-sponsoring WG - AGWG
... believe we should coordinate timing with AGWG

MC: we should probably call this CFC null and reissue after we have made updates; it would be helpful to address comments now but don't have to be part of current CFC

Janina: we should address comments already raised - will we need a new URI for a new CFC or not?
... will communicate with AGWG chairs about coordinating the CFC efforts
... COGA CFC closes as of midnight - I will write a doc that we got comments and will reopen

Task Force Updates

Janina: complaint that all of APA groups are not keeping our group pages updated with current status and work
... specifically request for RQTF page to be updated; I will provide the pointers to current work
... groups are getting good work done

Color and Visual Contrast on our Github Dashboard http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2252

Janina: JF isn't here - Silver TF has been busy lately; this slides another week - not good
... I will ask JF for status - we need to assign to someone else if necessary

TPAC 2020 Planning Discussion

Janina: have asked our TF for who they want to meet with, what outcomes are needed - Deadline for reporting back is next week
... Need that info to put together agenda and to make meeting requests with other groups; don't know if this will be virtual or not
... stikes me that FAST might be mature enough to meet with others? Who would that be?

MC: would be good to run it by groups that are likely to submit tech specs - CSS, etc.

Janina: sounds like requesting 10 min. or so with CSS and other groups that generate a number of specs - show them the tool, ask to use, and provide feedback

Josh: perhaps go back to immersive Web group and ask them to test

Janina: will be talking to Immersive Web about multiple items - XUAR implications, use FAST tool, others?

Josh: do we want to follow on about AOM?

Janina: AOM update is def. important. What about RTC?

Josh: we can tap into groups that have some responsibility into RTC stack - media, second screen ...

Janina: perhaps get several groups together to discuss issues across groups
... creating that list would be helpful - I heard second screen, media - any others?

Josh: good place to show XAUR progress

MC: we should do our usual walk-through of groups

Janina: Knowledge domains may be reemerging but a group under DPUB about making math and chemistry more accessible; this has moved into a use case in pronounciation
... for example chemistry: same symbols may have different meanings depending upon context - certain expressions need to be pronounced differently
... this may affect pronunciation - we have assumed same pronunciation throughout a document - do we need to think about providing additional context?
... TPAC is a good place to explore how to address that

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

MC: haven't seen any new charters this week

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Challenges with Accessibility Guidelines Conformance and Testing, and Approaches for Mitigating Them

MC: Janina is editor so no need for group to review;

<MichaelC> CSS Ruby Layout Module Level 1

<Joshue108> sorry!

MC: not a FPWD; last update was 2014; think we may have looked at it then
... seems we have not looked at it before

Janina: we need more CSS representative on this call

MC: creates CSS properties that correspond to ruby properties; no need to review

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

Janina: anything new?

MC: have not made a decision about media high contrast and element reflection and shadow root
... waiting on Patrick Lauke for media contrast - will ping again

<MichaelC> https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/5401

Janina: still have to work out process - who can we get to help us that has the needed expertise

MC: has been noted by Alice that element reflection and shadow root is a critical factor for accessibility
... believe that Alice is handling so we may not need to be involved

Janina: we need to understand the trajectory for resolution

MC: suggest we follow this issue but we are not gatekeepers

Janina: agree

MC: have issues in some state of tacking;
... that is probably all we can do today

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Janina: authentication API - is huge, have spent some time with it, not finding any issues - want to close

becky: will go check for any response to the picture in picture issues I submitted

MA: HTML update - I haven't looked at all changes, yet. 12 issues - have looked at 8; 6 look okay; need some more testing for 2 - working on that
... looked at all the commits between the 2 review drafts there are only 68 once editorial ones are removed
... probably worth checking those 68 commits - much less than the 300+ last time
... will email any concerns to the APA list for discussion with whole group

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/05/06 16:49:21 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/XUAR/XAUR/
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs janina becky Joshue108 Matthew_Atkinson
Found Scribe: becky
Inferring ScribeNick: becky
Found Date: 06 May 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]