Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

30 Apr 2020


stevelee, Fazio, LisaSeemanKest, Jennie, JohnRochford, kirkwood, Abi


<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: stevelee

updates with publishing document and feedback

lisa: Rachael and Lisa went on APA and WCAG meeting calls. APA put out a CFC, WCAG put out Survey

<Fazio> I am

lisa: Judy has responded with some comments which we should address
... anyone on APA can respond to CFC - with possible conditional on Judy's questions being addressed
... AG survey responses are similar to Judy's comments
... ATOS have reviewed and have been positive, Android part of Google also been looking at it.

<kirkwood> could we put link to survey in IRC?

lisa: Survey is out today, TF can respond, Lisa can help if people find it hard to complete

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2020-04-content-usable/

<kirkwood> do it in an hour or two, thank you

visual indicators https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Apr/0064.html

<Jennie> * Survey looks good!

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

lisa: we didn't do actions. have updated page, now got up to CFC. Silver Next week
... we are on schedule

rachael: Visual Indicators discussed in last AG some progress.
... key is we need to find failure examples
... is only one of out 2.2 proposals that is outstanding, all others accepted to move on
... is felt by AG to be useful

<Rachael> Visual Indicators: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WhZAbswvPHs7A3stfqM_ATsaBHPeGbHtARcmaKMck1U/edit#heading=h.n5l24nbcdm9i

<Rachael> Current wording: For each control that is necessary to progress through a process, spacing and/or font styling are not the only visual means used to convey that the control is actionable.

lisa: (chair hat off) we originally felt this wording let too much through, but that might help get it through.

<kirkwood> was the process part not an issue?

<kirkwood> “process”

lisa: also Understanding Doc helps explain.

<LisaSeemanKest> Option 1E

<LisaSeemanKest> For each control that is necessary to progress through a process, spacing and/or font styling are not the only visual means used to convey that the control is actionable.

<Rachael> Example page to add failures to: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I5WTualRt90rwNYFJeuOy_b5un4iMS0tTh1uWXosLaA/edit#

<kirkwood> ok sorry much better

lisa: so it is this or nothing.

abi: dissapointment is this now text styling not buttons/graphics without borders

<EA> +1 to what Abi is saying

abi: only aware of 1 example where it might apply

lisa: have example of use case with poor icon and still passes

<EA> will developers take it seriously?

rachael: (char hat off) still feeling has swung back and forth and worry this SC will stop us getting a better in later

<Fazio> too weak

<LisaSeemanKest> do we let this sc get pushed off

<JohnRochford> +1

steve: android Facebook post is now just text and would fail (steve to add a screen shot)

abi: current process + text combined as limitation is too much to be useful

<kirkwood> unfortunatley I think it has lost its way

<kirkwood> let it go

<LisaSeemanKest> +1 is you think it is not worth doing

<Fazio> +1

<kirkwood> +1

<EA> I think adding another muddies the water

<EA> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> + is let it go

<Rachael> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> 0

<Abi> +1 to let it go as I think a weak "visual indicators" will then been seen as "we've done this"


<EA> It is not being bothered has just lost its way

rachael: we can email chairs including that would be happy if "process" limitation dropped

<Jennie> 0

<Abi> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

<JohnRochford> +1

<EA> +1

<Rachael> +1

judys comments https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Apr/0063.html

<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Apr/0063.html

<LisaSeemanKest> It can be considered a supplement to WCAG accessibility guidelines.

<LisaSeemanKest> Considerations for uptake in different contexts

<LisaSeemanKest> Considerations for uptake in different contexts and policies

<LisaSeemanKest_> are you comfotable with the cahnges?

<LisaSeemanKest_> +1


michael: will take action to suggest Abstract updates

rachael: may get some changes during wide review form AG but need to set expectations.

jennie: Can help with reviewing the Easy read quality of abstract if useful

michael: yes!
... others may also be able to help

lisa: can do in the new proposal branch on git

<Jennie> *Michael - I will review Saturday morning.

lisa: 'responses-to-cfc'

<kirkwood> link to glossary

Lisa: need to add high proprity terms that might be different across geographic regions
... first place to find is WHO and maybe copy
... thought should be definitions - eg the current AAC

abi: can we clarify the glossary as Abi and EA added items to another document

jennie: there was a cut of date an I went through last saturday so may have been added after
... I Added to the google doc. above

lisa: have added a status column to the spreadsheet so we can track

Jennie: Understand everyone will update spreadsheet this week and then Jennie makes a draft doc then.

<kirkwood> so the action is everyone is going into spreadsheet, links:

EA: easy read version is really hard and should be consistent across all rows

lis: will write up processand send to the list. Aim ot be done in 2 weeks

rssagent, make minutes

<kirkwood> prsent+


rrsAgen, publish the minutes

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/04/30 15:11:53 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: stevelee Fazio LisaSeemanKest Jennie JohnRochford kirkwood Abi
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 30 Apr 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]