Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

15 Apr 2020


janina, Joshue108_, Judy, Jason


<scribe> scribenick: Joshue108_

JW: We have regrets today from Steve and Scott

Verifiable Credentials: accessibility-related use cases.

JS: I'd not want to make decisions without them

JW: Janina raised the issue for more generality on the animals example on Verf claims.

Have made some changes - think its resolved

JS: Yes, cross border is a better term.

JW: <discusses issues with state boundaries>

JS: <discusses issues with worries about fruit importation>

JW: Janina, you were suggesting re-ordering?

JS: I agree with the ordering in general, but there is a need for a killer use case - and think the guide animal is a killer use case.

JW: That's interesting, don't feel strongly abouit it.
... Lets bring it up next week.

JS: We have some good use cases and one killer one.

JW: Lets bring it up next week.


Accessibility of remote meetings.

JW: I hoped to get some further review during the week.

Am not sure if there are new edits

This is heading in the right direction


JOC: I've checked the history, Jasons is the last edit.

JW: Ok, so no change. I'll ping the list, is that the right thing?

JS: Yup

JW: There is some AGWG stuff to be done.
... Will remind e'one we are looking for review.

Open issues on public working drafts.

<jasonjgw> Josh: hasn't yet updated issues discussed last time with feedback, but intends to review the minutes in order to do so.

<jasonjgw> Josh notes additional, recent comments.



<jasonjgw> Josh: notes a comment regarding markup required to support screen readers in describing XR scenes.

<jasonjgw> Josh: isn't sure whether this document is the place to develop the requirements in detail.

JW: As far as issues for screen readers etc, the issues I raise are interesting as there is not awareness from tools, about what else may be provided in an auditory channels.

JOC: So are you saying that, the AT is usually focussed in a granular way, via the webpage etc, but may not be aware of other a11y type supports that are available globally?

JW: Yes.

JOC: V interesting

JW: Discusses navigation issues, filtering, semantics of a scene and convey this.

JS: We've mentioned hearing etc - APA have found a similar requirement from the COGA.

Some users also need this info.

To grok things.

Some said, it sounded like a described video mechanism - or extension.

I think we need to revisit this https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/XRA-Semantics-Module

<jasonjgw> Josh notes the need to engage with the question of what the architecture should be - especially for the accessibility-related semantics - semantic scene graphs, etc.

<jasonjgw> Josh: providing initial hints to understand the environment.


Provide initial hint to understand the environment #72

<jasonjgw> Josh: when accessing the environment with a screen reader, an overview of the environment should be provided first - for orientation.

JOC: We could look at incorporating this kind into a future version of XAUR.

<jasonjgw> Josh: agrees that pauses are desirable to enable consumption of alternative content.


Get the object information with respect to the position of observer

JS: Some people would find this helpful - I don't

<jasonjgw> Josh: it must be possible to determine the position of objects relative to the user (according to the comment).

I'd be happy for the object to make a noise.

JW: Yes, that can be useful.
... Depends on the interaction.

JS: Could be a useful gaming thing.


4.10 Gestural interfaces and interactions: allow for "remapping" of gestures

<jasonjgw> Josh: Issue 75 - people with motor-related disabilities should be able to remap interactions to simpler gestures, and not just to different hardware controls.

<scribe> ACTION: Judy to write up XAUR user need for seisure trigger stuff

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2252 - Write up xaur user need for seisure trigger stuff [on Judy Brewer - due 2020-04-22].

<scribe> ACTION: Janina to write up stuff on Sim Daltonism etc for XAUR.

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2253 - Write up stuff on sim daltonism etc for xaur. [on Janina Sajka - due 2020-04-22].

JOC: Yes, one more thing, I've been going some outreach with the RAUR.

<jasonjgw> Josh is contacting relevant parties regarding RAUR reviews.

JS: One thing from APA, where TPAC is coming up again.

So there are issues aroung agenda for F2F, or virtual environments and how should we think about that.

I'd like input from our TFs.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Janina to write up stuff on Sim Daltonism etc for XAUR.
[NEW] ACTION: Judy to write up XAUR user need for seisure trigger stuff

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/04/15 13:54:56 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: janina, Joshue108_, Judy, Jason
Present: janina Joshue108_ Judy Jason
Found ScribeNick: Joshue108_
Inferring Scribes: Joshue108_
Found Date: 15 Apr 2020
People with action items: janina judy

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]