Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

01 Apr 2020


Janina, Matthew_Atkinson, Joshue108_, JF, Gottfried, becky, Irfan_


<scribe> scribe: JF

Agenda Review & Announcements

Paired down and light agenda today

will be looking at the new tracking system in more detail

MA: Quick announcement. Knows of a person at RNIB who is doing testing of XR

hope to see some feedback on the XAUR which she really likes

<Joshue108_> Great to hear Matthew!

will be providing feedback shortly via mailling list

JS: wondering aloud if RNIB is still a W3C member - maybe conscript a new member there?

JO: glad to hear positive feedback

LW: just verified that RNIB is still a member

Task Force Updates -- Upcoming Publications

JS: not much to say. All documents that were going to [publication have now been published

some followup with Shawn - apologies for delay in publishihng (ref: Pronunciation TF)

Issues related to CSS speak module versus Pronunciation TF have been resolved (positively)

complimentary, not competing

JS: Personalization is struggling with revamping explainer after TAG review

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

MC: there are several

<MichaelC> https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html

We've had some level of interest with this one

JS: question for Mathew - is this too low level?

MA: believe so, yes, but double-checking now

JS: agree, believe we've already discussed this

MC: so no comment frm APA?

JS: yes

MA: quick look - think it is probably too low level

JS: but should a11y be addressed/included here?
... is there some value here?

MA: looks like something like Open GL - just a tool. We're likely more intersted at a slightly higher level

the level where a11y would be considered would be higher than this

MC: so can sign off o htis?

JS: yes

<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/webtransport-charter/charter.html

MC: suspect this too is too low-level

JS: any disagreement?


<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/dap-charter/DASCharter-2020.html

JF: is this WoT?

MC: believe WoT is higher up
... I think we've commented on this once before


MC: we looked at some, and decided not to comment

JF: possibility of pro-active outreach?

MC: do we want them to have a liason statement to APA? Doesn't seem that clear to me
... when we look at their spec, we need to ensure they *do* have somehting related to a11y
... it starts out as boiler-plate, and they chose not to remove it from their charter

MA: thinking about previous topic - only concern is if it by-passes AT?
... not sure if that requires a full coordination , or just a question we need to ask at the appropriate time?

MCF: if there is a known or predictable issue, we should act, otherwise we can wait

MC: thinking we can wait for now

<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/json-ld-wg-charter/

MA: wait and ask the question via normal channels

MC: pretty sure we decide this too was too low level

[multiple agreements]

<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/epub-3-wg-charter/

E-Pub 3

we were going to take this to WAI coordination meeting - feels like this is more of an ARIA WG item than APA

JS: we should ask then. next call is next week

<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html

MC: normally we wouldn't review one of our own groups, but Judy would like us to look at this with a fine-tooth comb

<scribe> ACTION: Janina to review EO Charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2244 - Review eo charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html [on Janina Sajka - due 2020-04-08].

<scribe> ACTION: Leonie to review EO Charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2245 - Review eo charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html [on Léonie Watson - due 2020-04-08].

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: there are none for us to review... but need to look back 2 weeks...
... Media queries level 5

JS: we should re-consider with regard to Personalization

MC: we've already noted tht
... but looking back, no other new specs to look at

Issues Review Tracking

<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

MC: there are 6 comments we've not responded to

at a minimum we need to respond yes or no

MC: our comment is likely "we don't need to track", right?

JS: unclear

think we're interested that this is implemented

not sure if there is need for our input

MC: this may just be a dangling issue...

JS: do we need to investigate?

MC: we need to satisfy ourselves. Will leave as pending at this time

JS: we need to review the 6 in our queue

MC: putting a note in this
... next is "deprecate speech media type"
... assume we *don't* want to deprecate at this point

JS: Leonie, are yo awqare of any relationship here?

LW: no, but the CSS speech thing has been parked for a decade

but will investigate

MC: so another one where we need to learn more

<scribe> ACTION: Leonie to investigate if there is a

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2246 - Investigate if there is a [on Léonie Watson - due 2020-04-08].

<MichaelC> close action-2246

<trackbot> Closed action-2246.

<scribe> ACTION: Leonie to investigate Media Queries Level 5 related to CSS SPeech

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2247 - Investigate media queries level 5 related to css speech [on Léonie Watson - due 2020-04-08].

MC: comment to add new CSS text transform values for math

was very active, but has slowed recentl;y

MC: suspect we want to track

JS: yes

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775

MC: suspect we also want to track that issue

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3040

Jonny James filed this - perhaps on our behalf. Suspect we should continue to track

JS: agree

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3856

JS: should we run this by Andy at AGWG/Silver?

[consensus to do that]

JS: so we're keeping all of these active

and we have next steps on almost all of them

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

JS: we've not looked at this in a while
... hope to be more up-to-date by this time next week

BG: we looked at P-in-P and discussed, but never wrote anything down, so need to do that still

<Gottfried> action-2239?

<trackbot> action-2239 -- Gottfried Zimmermann to Review media queries level 5, https://www.w3.org/tr/mediaqueries-5/ -- due 2020-03-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2239

GZ: Media queries 5 is still on me - hope to have it ready for next time

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Janina to review EO Charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html
[NEW] ACTION: Leonie to investigate if there is a
[NEW] ACTION: Leonie to investigate Media Queries Level 5 related to CSS SPeech
[NEW] ACTION: Leonie to review EO Charter at https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/eowg-2020.html

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/04/01 16:58:34 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/wondreing/wondering/
Succeeded: s/yew/yes/
Succeeded: s/investigatge/investigate/
Default Present: Janina, Matthew_Atkinson, Joshue108_, JF, Gottfried, becky, Irfan_
Present: Janina Matthew_Atkinson Joshue108_ JF Gottfried becky Irfan_
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Found Date: 01 Apr 2020
People with action items: janina leonie

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]