27 Mar 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Taki_Kamiya, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima


<kaz> scribenick: sebastian


Sebastian: presents the today's agenda

Previous minutes

<kaz> Mar-13 minutes

Sebastian: go over the minutes from the last time
... sk will ask Klaus regarding CoAP ontology
... it is approved to bring the minutes to public

Virtual F2F minutes - TD part

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2020/03/16-wot-minutes.html

<Zakim> dape, you wanted to recall McCool mentioned task forces should also approve VF2F minutes

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2020/03/17-wot-minutes.html

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2020/03/18-wot-minutes.html

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2020/03/19-wot-minutes.html

Sebastian: shows the minuts from the vf2f mmeting last week
... approved to share the minutes from vf2f with the public
... shows the minutes from the wednesday meeting of the Vf2f
... no objection to make it public
... same for the minutes for the 19th March
... ok to bring them to public

REC status

Sebastian: next topic REC status

<kaz> diff version from PR

<kaz> static HTML for REC publication

<kaz> (sk: goes through the changes and see if any problems)

Sebastian: the diffs looks good

T2TRG/OneDM debriefing

Sebastian: Ege / MK share a short summary of the T2TRG
... discussion about versioning
... points to the version feature of the TD
... we need more experience with that
... what happen when there is a typo fix?
... is there a new version number?
... there was some discussion about porperties, actions, events
... it is planned OneDM SDF shall be a IETF standard, though IETF is not traditionally suited for standardizing data formats

Koster: there was Carsten Bormann. Discussion about version, what happen when there are some changes
... seems no conflict between OneDM SDF and TDT
... we can discuss this more in this round here
... there will be a presentation of TDT in the next T2T meeting
... meeting will be take place April 9th
... howver, MK will check this

Sebastian: we should work on this topic together

Koster: defenitly, there are also topics to use external vocabularies

Sebastian: was there a discssion on JSON vs JSON-LD?

Koster: there was same discussion as was done in WoT
... focus on a robust content
... participants don't want to use RDF
... there can be a maaping to RDF

Sebastian: reminds me the discussion 2-3 years ago as well
... JSON-LD 1.1 is great since is quite close to 'normal' JSON
... should work together
... continue discussion in the next joint meeting

Koster: SDF has more detail definition of devices
... we should discuss use cases of things that use deep structures
... we can work together on a common data model
... goal of SDF and OneDM is to define data model such as for air conditioner

Sebastian: ask for testimonial from SmartThing

Koster: working on that

Sebastian: is there a use case / requirement document of the SDF / OneDM

Koster: there is and make it public soon

<kaz> T2TRG draft minutes


next topic: github issue

there is a new issue from the scripting api TF: https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/887

Sebastian: we need more experience on that in PlugFests

Koster: we do not describe the event handshake
... there is no metadata conainter that describe the demultiplex mechanism
... good topic for PlugFests
... can start with MQTT
... there many design issues

Sebastian: we have to pick some common event-based protcols on the market and evaluate them in PlugFests
... need protocols that enables filtering

Koster: this is a different level of application

<Ege> https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues/208

Ege: there some examples given by Oracle


Koster: seems Oracle borrows event mechanism from an existing approache
... using metadata to setup the connection

Sebastian: we should collect common event mechanism and do some experiments in PlugFests

Efficient formats for TD

next topic: Efficient Formats for TD

Taki shows a presentation

slides: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:2020-03-17_Efficient_Format_for_TD_dape.PPTX

Taki: we discuss this topic before
... we evaluated with EXI and CBOR
... there are pros and cons of both formats
... TD is not payload runtime document, mainly for metadata
... TD is Hypertext
... there are encodings at different layers
... there different use cases such as TD Directory and T2T
... next steps: we should recommend a couple of efficient encodings and not forbid the use of formats that will be available in the future (market will find the best option, but WoT should avoid a format chaos)
... we should experiment in PlugFest
... discussion should continue in https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/885

Sebastian: there are use case from the eCl@ss group that use high structured metadata in TDs

Ege: we have to idetify in which kind of constrained devices will have problems?

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/04/01 07:10:35 $