Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

27 Feb 2020


LisaSeemanKest, MichaelC, Jennie, kirkwood, stevelee


<LisaSeemanKest> clear agenda

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: Abi

actions and wcag review

Lisa: mental health page - John R has reviewed this

Steve has integrated quotes into personas

<kirkwood> John K not John R above ;)

John Kirkwood has sent comments for the mental health page and they need to be reviewed

Closing the persona action item

wcag review

<Jennie> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EiUP8Qwy0T9WizQzG1uD9eYgbI7Bzcz0dgiIK6gJ8cM/edit#

Jennie: have to talking to AG members with Steve to resolve final issues for Findable Help

Proposal has been aligned to language in WCAG 2.1 in particular Bypass blocks

It will also exclude PDFs but will include single page apps.

Have then added in social media channel and also definition on "actively supported"

Lisa request that automated chatbot can be dismissed. Preferably single interaction

John Kirkwood: would also like a means to access the chatbox quickly.

Have added dismissed and recalled using a link or button.

Question about why block of content is needed - have proposed to move it

Abi suggesting Active pages replace by "archive" to match the EU WAD requirements

UK gov definition

In this regulation— (a)“archives” means a website or mobile application which— (i)only contains content that is not needed for active administrative processes; and (ii)is not updated or edited after 23rd September 2019;


2.2: information in steps will be reviewed next week and visual indicators also due to be discussed at AG

Visual indicators may not make 2.2 as it was a late addition and would be considered for the next update

latest draft. testing section https://raw.githack.com/w3c/coga/pre-csun-2020/content-usable/index.html#testing_groups_feedback

Lisa: we have a draft of most of the changes on user testing. We would like to get this iteration out for feedback before CSUN

Highlighting restructuring of Content usable

After user testing we have personas then user needs

User stories have been removed. Some editorial changes still needed

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z52phGcYg1oG1kVWxPZJqKom-Zg6bZJcOhEBBhet_yg/edit#

Need to prioritise the to-do list

Lisa: tried to incorporate edits in section 2 and 3. Guidance for policy makes has been updated but there are outstanding comments that can't be addressed if we want to get this out

<LisaSeemanKest> out todlist for the dpublication is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z52phGcYg1oG1kVWxPZJqKom-Zg6bZJcOhEBBhet_yg/edit#

Lisa: The business consideration section is not complete but would be good to get feedback for future work
... do we want to try and get it published for comments before CSun?

Rachael: we really need comments on this version as so many changes has been made


<LisaSeemanKest> reslution to publish the next itteration (with some the edits from our to list as much as we can next week)

<LisaSeemanKest> it would move to tr page

<LisaSeemanKest> +1


<kirkwood> +1

<stevelee> +1 - but prefer ED

<Jennie> +1

Lisa: please can all add comments or points to the to-do list by Monday

<Jennie> * Have to drop off for next meeting. Have a great week!

<LisaSeemanKest> action steve will add user need and see also to persona on each pattern

<trackbot> Created ACTION-324 - Will add user need and see also to persona on each pattern [on Steve Lee - due 2020-03-05].

Lisa: addition item - there is a survey from web publishing re epub

<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-cc/2020Feb/0003.html

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TTPB3GB

Lisa: it has a section for ebook users

Rachael: reminder about the Silver survey, please have a look at it. Probably closes next Tuesday

<LisaSeemanKest> ACTION: rachael make list of changes

<trackbot> Created ACTION-325 - Make list of changes [on Rachael Montgomery - due 2020-03-05].

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: rachael make list of changes

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/02/27 16:14:30 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: LisaSeemanKest MichaelC Jennie kirkwood stevelee
Found Scribe: Abi
Inferring ScribeNick: Abi

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 27 Feb 2020
People with action items: rachael

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]