Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

13 Feb 2020


LisaSeemanKest, Jennie, Fazio, Rachael_, janina, JohnRochford


<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: Fazio

Actions updates See https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/PlanningPage

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/17win0Z-d_wVdMHCZqHG2N4ExdhknaU6DpJmABR-F-58/edit#

LS reached out to mental health professionals to review Mental Health Paper but hasn't received much support back

<Jennie> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JPNuHnU4tQHRiMDht_iTL2bqcMXV06t-F6a1CAoCfco/edit#

<Rachael_> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DPtCqWHjrhj3QZ4afsqzmWDd-zMSf39RsMqSpR2QGCg/edit

<Jennie> * Yeah Rachael!

I think Information in Steps made it too

which was Do Not Rely on Memory

Abi Visual Indicators and Hidden Controls had oparallels

<Rachael> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Upcoming_agendas#Feb_18th

Discussion on Jennies testing section

<Jennie_> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JPNuHnU4tQHRiMDht_iTL2bqcMXV06t-F6a1CAoCfco/edit#heading=h.w3924tjrolci

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JPNuHnU4tQHRiMDht_iTL2bqcMXV06t-F6a1CAoCfco/edit#

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JPNuHnU4tQHRiMDht_iTL2bqcMXV06t-F6a1CAoCfco/edit#

Usability Study is the term used in Understanding WCAG

W3C documentation I sent a link to Silver a couple weeks ago

LS Diagram for Usability testing isn't clear

<LisaSeemanKest> john k, lisa, steve and jeny find that we may disagree with the usebility grafic

JD will create options for replacing usability testing diagram

<LisaSeemanKest> our defintion is if people can not use the content becuse they have a disability then it is not accessibele

Group has consensus for definition of accessibility

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Developer_resources

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.easyreading.eu/?page_id=333

Discussion on Justine's https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rZss28td0Kyf70CEubbu-slin7CkftA7Vn_h28Hnwi0/edit?usp=sharing

Discussion reognization of the content useable document

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qqSkKQNYkGtUi98I5VSOyqtMUdCHzdFA84Fa8pA2LYQ/edit

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/coga/content-usable/\

<LisaSeemanKest> stev likes it but asks if we should have personas as a linked to

SL JD suggests moving Personas under Process for Content Usable Guide

<LisaSeemanKest> jenie thinks personas after process

<kirkwood> +1 to moving personas before user needs

<LisaSeemanKest> design comes from userneeds

<Jennie_> +1 to larger structure

<kirkwood> +1

<stevelee> +1

where do we put user stories?

<LisaSeemanKest> big document : https://w3c.github.io/coga/content-usable/

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/coga/content-usable/#user-stories

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/coga/content-usable/#user-stories-0

<LisaSeemanKest> proposal 1, conselateded user staroes in section 2

<LisaSeemanKest> and we cross refrences from objectives and patterns

<stevelee> https://w3c.github.io/wai-coga/coga-draft/guide/clear/numeric-alternatives

<LisaSeemanKest> roposal 1, conselateded user staroes in section 2

SL Objectives may be way to organize Design Patterns

<LisaSeemanKest> and then in the actual patern the relivent user need

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xmmQkuZLEG014zDRVkgr3QLyINb7BNvWxqL7POn6Ei8/edit#

<Jennie_> +1 to John K's and Steve's idea

JK User Stories really engage reader with the Design Patterns

LS Have 1 important User Story per pattern with list of other relevant user stories and links to complete user stories of the others

<LisaSeemanKest> or only have the top bit, and "see more" for the details

DF +1

<Jennie_> Consider having a bit more info in the link text to help with accessibility: see more user stories about ...

<stevelee> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pcg6ixAfuwlo6jb2tkZBGTDhF0fAiO49h21E6HCbQ6I/edit#heading=h.s1rdduthbnva

<stevelee> https://docs.google.com/document/d/18MCz5XDsMmglcAe2j-HzQbpADpw_HtdVjDZ3EHX4-xk/edit#heading=h.1z822jgz3gq3

<Rachael> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/02/13 16:11:13 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: LisaSeemanKest, Jennie, Fazio, Rachael_, janina, JohnRochford
Present: LisaSeemanKest Jennie Fazio Rachael_ janina JohnRochford
Found Scribe: Fazio
Inferring ScribeNick: Fazio

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 13 Feb 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]