Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

11 Dec 2019


Matthew_Atkinson, Irfan


<scribe> scribe: Irfan

Agenda Review & Announcements

janina: want to sure that we are done with HTML review.

ma: still couple of things that we need to follow

janina: anyone wants to add anything?
... looks like we are happy with agenda.
... we are meeing one more time this year which is next week.. then two weeks there is no call. in new year, first call will be on January 8th

Task Force Updates

irfan provides update about pronunciation task force including merging two documents, "gap analysis" and "use-cases".

janina: question for charles... what is the dependency of wcag 2.2 on personalization?

mc: from the process standpoint.. normative dependency personalization should be matured as wcag 2.2..
... no more addition after CSUN

if we dont have sufficient info by CSUN then it is likely to be at risk. and if we don't have implementation by August then It is likely to be removed.

WCAG 2.2 is going to CR in August

janina: will communicate to Charles and lisa

Charter Updates https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

<MichaelC> Web Assembly draft charter

mc: draft charter for web assembly https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/202

i propose that we do not need liaison on statement in this case.

audio working group" https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/200

mc: as far i know, we are good with this.

<Matthew_Atkinson> The WebGPU WICG group is at <https://www.w3.org/community/gpu/> and links to a draft charter at <https://gpuweb.github.io/admin/cg-charter.html> which talks about very low-level stuff, except perhaps for the "An API that maps nicely to modern Web platform design patterns" (first list item), but having read the draft spec (<https://gpuweb.github.io/gpuweb/>) it does appear to be focusing on the very low-level stuff. However I have not read t[CUT]

janina: Mathew to talk about webGPU

ma: found a draft charter which seems very low level

potential higher level API but I think it is just a starter focusing on graphic rendering.

need to read bit more and confirm with my final answer

janina: dont need metthew and johue to read entire stuff of web GPU

<Matthew_Atkinson> My comment got cut off; was going to add that I'd not had chance to confer with Josh yet on the spec.

mc: charter is long. are you not worried that it is not going to add a11y issues?

ma: when you render games, and if you think of zooming, it is most likely operating system level issues

janina: make snese


mc: i think we have done the due diligence. at some point it will come as horizontal review

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Audiobooks

mc: this is a candidate recommendation

janina: Jason brought couple of issues after TPAC

mc: it appears that it was previously named differently

its not in TR so I am going to rename other one.

audio book is in CR.

dont have log in wiki about what happened.

mc: light weight packaging format

<MichaelC> Lightweight Packaging Format (LPF)

<MichaelC> Use Cases and Requirements for Decentralized Identifiers

HTML Review--Are we finished? http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Nov/0003.html

<Matthew_Atkinson> Here's our official comment that I posted (and have been updating) on the HTML review tracking issue on GitHub. This is the final version. I still need to do some follow-up on the two issues raised, but nothing is a showstopper. We therefore recorded our response as having no concerns. <https://github.com/w3c/htmlwg/issues/5#issuecomment-548994687>

ma: we dont have any concern. there are two small things but not a show stoppers

janina: we can wrap this up

thanks Matthew!

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/12/11 17:38:48 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/jaina/janina/
Present: Matthew_Atkinson Irfan

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Found Scribe: Irfan
Inferring ScribeNick: Irfan

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 11 Dec 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]