WoT Security

18 Nov 2019


Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Oliver_Pfaff, Taki_Kamiya, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Elena_Reshetova


<McCool> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#Nov_18.2C_2019

WG Charter finalization

PR 907 to handle i18n comments

Richard's comment

<scribe> scribenick: kaz

McCool: we have this PR 907
... what we want to do is...
... a comment from i18n
... need to be fair to the other horizontal groups as well
... updating the text within the "Coordination" section

Kaz: got a comment from Richard asking us to change "prior to the horizontal review" to "throughout developing..."

McCool: think we can merge this PR itself
... and add another change

Sebastian: fine with merging the PR

McCool: (merges PR 907)
... and then we can create a new PR to handle Richard's comment

<McCool> proposal: current version of wg-draft-charter-2019 to be submitted to AC review

RESOLUTION: current version of wg-draft-charter-2019 to be submitted to AC review

IETF Hackathon and IRTF Workshop

McCool: discussion on discovery
... markdown now

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/proposals/wot-discovery.md

McCool: discussed how to do discovery
... borrowed text from the landscape document
... discussion about criteria and priority as well
... Introduction, Background to be done
... Requirements from my slides for the WoT workshop
... Use Cases to be done
... should think about global ones and local ones
... Architecture section has high-level description
... started to talk about CoRE discovery and directories
... Authentication section including several existing mechanisms
... OAuth2 or ACE-OAuth2 for CoAP
... strawman proposal as the starting point
... Other Introduction Mechanism has rough sketch

Review minutes

Nov-11 minutes

McCool: short call
... privacy discussion
... and several issues
... one thing to be fixed
... made id non-unique and optional
... discussed terminology a bit
... lifecycle, etc.
... had some chat with the IETF guys as well
... typo with "summerizing" (to be fixed as "summarizing")
... any other changes needed?


McCool: propose we accept the minutes after fixing those 2 points

(no objections)

McCool: accepted

Nov-5 minutes

McCool: next minutes from Nov-5 call
... new time slot for the call
... publication status
... the security note has been published
... typo with "juts" (to be fixed as "just")
... any objection to accept the minutes after fixing the typo?

(no objections)

McCool: accepted

Issues and PRs


McCool: no PRs


Issue 148

Oliver: didn't have a chance to talk with Sebastian about this
... trying to create a minor issue

McCool: didn't see a pullrequest yet

Oliver: was about to create a PR
... will check what I've been doing

<McCool> instructions on how to do a PR: https://github.com/w3c/wot

McCool: instructions above

Issue 147

McCool: need to understand IETF Anima
... sign on mechanism or onboarding mechanism?
... (adding a comment to issue 147)
... someone suggested lifecycle reference
... thought IIC had a better lifecycle
... probably we should explicitly mention "ACE"
... also still need a lifecycle

updated comment to Issue 147

McCool: how about adding another issue to refer to Intel's SDO?
... do we have a section for Onboarding?

Elena: not yet

McCool: adds a comment to the new Issue
... create a new "Onboading" section
... along with Anima and other onboarding schemes
... referring to Intel's SDO
... let's use the master branch for the discussion
... "Onboarding" is in the scope of the new WG Charter

Elena: good to see what the "WoT Architecture" says about "Onboarding" as well
... need to synchronize with that

McCool: probably the details should go to the Security Note
... is there any additional level of "Onboarding"?
... may consume OCF devices and WoT devices
... and may have two different onboarding mechanisms
... a lifecycle diagram is now included in the Security Note
... but should be moved to the Architecture document
... (go back to the issue list)
... Issue 147 handles Anima
... and Issue 149 handles SDO

Elena: have to look into the details

McCool: Elena and Oliver can create an initial PR for further discussion

Next week

McCool: need to cancel the call next week due to multiple conflicts
... take a look at the discovery draft as well


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. current version of wg-draft-charter-2019 to be submitted to AC review
[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/12/16 20:36:40 $