Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

30 Oct 2019


janina, Matthew_Atkinson, Irfan, Becka11y, MichaelC, JF


<scribe> scribe: Irfan

<scribe> chair: Janina

Agenda Review & Announcements

janina: anyone with things that we need to add?

Caution about next week's telecon time

janina: next week day light time...

Workshop Updates

janina: dont have anything to say.. should have pulled it out.

Task Force Updates

<janina> Oops, did I drop? brb

irfan: working on revised documents

janina: need to talk to Michael on monday. may be pronunciation needs to take their specs to web incubation group.

CAPTCHA Errata Update https://www.w3.org/2019/10/23-rqtf-minutes.html#resolution01

janina: got an email after publishing the document asking some questions

re-captcha is not standalone. wondering if it required CFC

anyone with questions?

no objection to running a cfc

we can simply publish and dont need any announcements or blogposts.

we would like to fix some errors.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Charter Updates https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

<MichaelC> Proposed Service Workers WG charter

mc: reviewed this charter and added new specs.. in the success criteria, they have included some sentences. great that they didn't delete. Personally feel, this so low level

janina: agree

no objection from anyone.. we are good

mc: this was the only one horizontal review

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Web of Things (WoT) Scripting API

janina: we should circle back on this.

we should re-open it

<MichaelC> reopen action-2148

<trackbot> Re-opened action-2148.

need a month

<MichaelC> action-2148 due 1 month

<trackbot> Set action-2148 Review web of things (wot) scripting api due date to 2019-11-30.

<MichaelC> Scalable Video Coding (SVC) Extension for WebRTC

mc: we got scalable coding video extension for webRTC

if it is just the web ideal version, we dont care

josh: this could be little tricky to circle around the issue. will be happy to take a look.

<MichaelC> ACTION: Joshue to review Scalable Video Coding (SVC) Extension for WebRTC https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-svc/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2218 - Review scalable video coding (svc) extension for webrtc https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc-svc/ [on Joshue O Connor - due 2019-11-06].

<MichaelC> action-2218: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Scalable_Video_Coding_(SVC)_Extension_for_WebRTC

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2218 Review scalable video coding (svc) extension for webrtc https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc-svc/.

jf: this kind of field similar to some tech.. there is prop solution here.

i will take a look little bit myself

<MichaelC> ACTION: JF to review Scalable Video Coding (SVC) Extension for WebRTC https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-svc/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2219 - Review scalable video coding (svc) extension for webrtc https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc-svc/ [on John Foliot - due 2019-11-06].

<MichaelC> action-2219: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Scalable_Video_Coding_(SVC)_Extension_for_WebRTC

janina: sould real time version of responsive images

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2219 Review scalable video coding (svc) extension for webrtc https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc-svc/.

janina: we are looking re-visiting. webRTC is forcing us to consider some specific use cases.

josh is spearheading it

jf: i will take a look into it.

HTML Review http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Oct/0046.html

<Matthew_Atkinson> Latest update on review (contains attached list of remaining commits): https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Oct/0048.html

<Matthew_Atkinson> Context for removing text track chapters: https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/2507

ma: i noticed about removal of feature. believe those feature were never implemented.

talking about removal of texts from specs

haven't look into it in details. it concerns me. last comment in my thread was something like.. it should not be removed.

janina: we might want to take a deeper look into this. we need soemtime. should check with timetext.

bbc players are good candidate and we can ask Nigel

ma: have a list

<Matthew_Atkinson> Referencing SVG 2: https://github.com/whatwg/html/commit/7069de4f

janina: for a11y svg2 is good

ma: svg2 is backwards compatible for a11y

<Matthew_Atkinson> Removing the concepts of dialog groups https://github.com/whatwg/html/commit/a4bb3465 and control groups https://github.com/whatwg/html/commit/90a60b2a from the focusing model.

wondering if anyone is familiar with dialog group.

janina: worthy question to take is to WHATWG

ma: have several take away from this process.

WHATWG/a11y group does not exists

mc: i was looking for it but could not find a new location

janina: thats a big deal

mc: wonder is Simon peter knows

josh: I can reach out to them and ask this question... asking them WHATWG/a11y git hub issues

<Matthew_Atkinson> Here is the URL I have for the WHATWG/a11y team on GitHub https://github.com/orgs/whatwg/teams/a11y

<Matthew_Atkinson> Example of Feature Policy changes: autoplay: https://github.com/whatwg/html/commit/f23329e0

janina: JF, we may need to look it for personalization

jf: is intentions here some kinf od token or frag.. like allow autoplay true or false?

??:what is allow feature?

<Matthew_Atkinson> MDN article on this: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Feature-Policy/autoplay

<Joshue_108_> I've pinged Simon about the WHAT WG A11y team page.

ma: it could be useful for AT for everyone. I wasn't clear if your administrator constructs the policy.

most likely, it sounds good

janina: yes for everything

jf: opening paragraph says what we are looking for. auto play attr in video and audio will be ignored.

ma: the way it phrased sounds good. I'd expect this would be good for a11y.

janina: we want to have some comments on this.

MA: i will make some notes on personalization

<Matthew_Atkinson> Clamp selection and text entry cursor position on value changes: https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/3472

Fix selection/text entry cursor position processing for input/textarea

some of these pull requests conversation, there is a bug called PR preview. this could be really helpful but it should be accessible. I will just keep digging and make sure that cursor position is not exposed.

table border a11y issue

<Matthew_Atkinson> Remove table border-color special case (doesn't match reality) https://github.com/whatwg/html/commit/552ef78b - looks to be something that will improve as browser embody it.

there are several issues about the opener attr and the target value to links.

<Matthew_Atkinson> e.g. Make target=_blank imply noopener; support opener https://github.com/whatwg/html/commit/5c68ab3e

if you have web page and help window in popup, it provides the way to follow the link of pop-up. I wasn't sure if it is already possible or covered by WCAG.

have seen something in MS office... in which case we need to ask the team if it is new feature

need to dig into t more

becky: that could be really confusing to a person

janina: I think COGA will be all upset about this use case

ma: i know it is potential concern

janina: may be we can add it to auto dash list

ma: ongoing concerns...we need to contact some people.. I will try minimize taht number of issues.. may be in single digit. I do not have a way to contact these people easily.

janina: we can help

Leonie may be very helpful

ma: my plan is just to reply and copying Leonie

I am hopeful to hear within 24 or 36 hours

janina: this is perfectly okay

this is exactly we need to do to getting people engaged

as a result of really having gone through the details. It is good thing

jf: hoping to get some time with janina

janina: I am available today and tomorrow as well

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: JF to review Scalable Video Coding (SVC) Extension for WebRTC https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-svc/
[NEW] ACTION: Joshue to review Scalable Video Coding (SVC) Extension for WebRTC https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-svc/

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/10/30 17:00:16 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/sv2/svg2/
Succeeded: s/accessiblity/a11y/
Succeeded: s/veyr/very/
Present: janina Matthew_Atkinson Irfan Becka11y MichaelC JF
Regrets: JonnyJames
Found Scribe: Irfan
Inferring ScribeNick: Irfan
Found Date: 30 Oct 2019
People with action items: jf joshue

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]