Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

23 Oct 2019


janina, Joshue108_, SteveNoble, Judy


<scribe> scribe: janina

Meeting schedule.

jgw: Reminds that our next meeting will be at 1400 UTC
... With upcoming workshops, etc., our next call will be 13 November

CAPTCHA erratum.

<jasonjgw> Janina would like to proceed with the proposal circiulated on list.

<jasonjgw> Scott concurs.


<jasonjgw> Janina: the comment asserted that there is more than one implementation of audio CAPTCHA in multiple languages.

<jasonjgw> Janina notes the text at issue is in 2.1.2, referring to stand-alone applications of CAPTCHA. A third-party solution (ReCAPTCHA - noted in the comment) wouldn't fit here in any case.

<jasonjgw> Janina's proposed solution: where we state that we only know of one CAPTCHA service provider supporting multiple languages, we should add the term "stand-alone" to qualify it.

<jasonjgw> Janina queries whether we need the "as of this writing" qualifier.

<jasonjgw> Janina - responding to Judy: implementers should assess the needs of thier site and their users. We're advising that people use what works and what they need. "Stand-alone" reinforces this conversation. We take an historical approach: the considerations discussed in the stand-alone context regarding audio also apply in multi-party cases.

RESOLUTION: RQTF recommends the errata update to our CAPTCHA note as described in https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rqtf/2019Oct/0018.html.

Updates, discussion, and actions to be taken.

jgw: Any progress since last week? Also, any discussion of what we should do in the next few weeks?

jo: Spoke with Janina and Michael re Accessible RTC FPWD note and have an action to get a doc into APA github

jb: Reached out to Christian Vogler re RTT polyfills and have not yet had a response. Will now also reach out to others who might know.

<jasonjgw> Janina: the WebRTC review decision email was posted on Monday, and forwarded to the WebRTC Working Group. More specificity can be added in the CR period, if desired.

<jasonjgw> Judy clarifies that it would need to be clarified during CR, by the time the document reaches PR, only emergency/important clarifications could be contemplated.

<jasonjgw> Janina suggests we consider our document on real-time communication as serving an analogous function to the MAUR - a kind of rel-time MAUR document.

<jasonjgw> Josh concurs with this perspective, noting that the document is valuable to different groups.

<Joshue108_> +1 to Janina

jgw: Asks whether anything to discuss re XR?

jb: Recalling we had wanted a backgrounder doc for people attending Inclusive Immersive
... Recalling we weren't satisfied we actually had this in place, but ...
... Will still want to suggest to Dom to send out some kind of backgrounder. What would be the priority? Any suggestions?

jo: Have not created any kind of landing page wiki, or similar

jb: OK. Will try to get something

<Joshue108_> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebXR_Standards_and_Accessibility_Architecture_Issues

<Joshue108_> Useful as a point of reference.

jo: Asks whether updated XAUR A11y has been read?

jb: Yes, noted. Seems both informative and intretive

jo: A lot of description of how XR works, and then some discussion of how that fits (or not) with traditional a11y approaches
... Then suggests scene graphs as a potential useful approach

jb: Concerned not to put ofrward anything with interpretation or opinion ...

<jasonjgw> Janina inquires whether the Friday morning minutes from TPAC could form the basis of background material.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. RQTF recommends the errata update to our CAPTCHA note as described in https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rqtf/2019Oct/0018.html.
[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/10/23 13:37:44 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/a1y RTC/Accessible RTC FPWD note/
Succeeded: s/, so wasn't sure what it provides/ /
Default Present: janina, Joshue108_, SteveNoble, Judy
Present: janina Joshue108_ SteveNoble Judy
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Found Date: 23 Oct 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]