Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

23 Oct 2019


janina, Matthew_Atkinson
Joanie, John_Foliot, Gottfried
becka11y, correction action #is 2215


<Becka11y> scribe: becka11y

Agenda Review & Announcements

Caution about next week's telecon time

Janina: no news or adds to the agenda
... for those in Europe this meeting will be one hour earlier - we are pegged to Boston, USA time which changes time a week later
... still at 1600 UTC for one more week

Task Force Updates

Janina: want to do an errata update to captcha - add standalone to captcha providers for a significant amout of languages; idea is standalone multi lingual audio captcha

<janina> https://www.w3.org/2019/10/23-rqtf-minutes.html#resolution01

Janina: above is resolution from rqtf for this issue
... is a simple edit

Horizontal reviews https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

Janina: that is only task force update

michael: charter for web payments working group; we have an active interest

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/charter-201910.html

Michael: will continue working on payment apis;
... in scope to discuss user interfaces; charter of the group is on api not UI

Janina: we have a requirement for accessible receipting so need to push bak on the scope above

Michael: listing other parts of the charter, no accessibility statement or reference to APA review so we should review
... only 1 week so need to review soon

Janina: need to push req. for accessible receipting

Michael: we are not keeping joint task force for web payments accessibility alive (those participants are no longer active) thought there was a community group
... yes one was started - Web Payments and Commerce CG, small set of participants, last substantive message was years - community group is dead
... this makes it hard to give strong comments on charter since they haven’t had a11y input
... previous charter also stressed focus on API and not UI- but we can still push back on that; they used to have an APA reference but have pulled it
... will work on this with Judy; other comments welcome

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Michael: Verifiable credentials and Web of things still outstanding for review
... HTML review assigned to Janina and Matthew - Judy concerned with a video issue
... DOM review - didn’t see a wide review list; Leonie has pinged APA about this on email; Do we want to review?

Janina: not sure how to judge this? Becky?

<MichaelC> DOM 18 June 2019

Only issue might be APIs that block accessibility

Michael: 168 pages
... much of it has been in DOM for a long time; don’t see a change log (which WHAT WG pushed for but isn’t providing)
... we worried about DOM events - not sure if that is a different spec - but not so much worry about DOM,

Janina: Shane M. went through this a few years ago when it went to DOM 4 and had no issues

Michael: if we don’t have comments we can mark as no need to review

Janina: we don’t have the experience to review DOM
... since no issues in past, then we assign as no review needed

Michael: we should reply to Leonie’s message on mail list

Janina: I will do that
... Do we need follow up on proposed APA comment to WEB RTC 1.0

Michael: comment was forwarded to the chair, need to go through their comment process
... suggest a clean message to their comment list - public-hypen-webrtc@w3.org

Janina: will follow up- send to that comment list and cc APA mailing list

Michael: no follow up history in Wiki - need to add

HTML Review

Matthew: looking for potential video issue, can’t find anything that relates to video in change log.
... so not sure what Judy found with video - I can’t find any recent commits in that area
... General feeling was that only the 6 accessibility related commits needed to be reviewed. Not sure what format and level of data is needed - did post notes on the list

<Matthew_Atkinson> Review progress update + questions: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Oct/0037.html

Matthew: believe we should look at all the substansive commits for a11y issues - all described in the above email to list

<MichaelC> APA Gamepad review

Michael: Leonie looked at Game Pad a while ago

<MichaelC> APA WebXR Gamepads review

Matthew: concern is that WebXR is referring to the Game Pad spec as a dependency
... Need to know if we are in a time crunch for reviewing

Micheal: Game pad module is first public WD

Michael: no timeline on home page, current charter expires in 2020 - can’t find a timeline for when going to CR

Matthew: planning for November review

<MichaelC> action-2216 due 20 Nov

<trackbot> Set action-2216 Review webxr gamepads module - level 1 due date to 2019-11-20.

Matthew: let’s update the action dates for 2216 - to Nov. 13 or 20

<MichaelC> action-2215 due 20 Nov

<trackbot> Set action-2215 Review webxr gamepads module - level 1 due date to 2019-11-20.

<scribe> scribe: correction action #is 2215

Matthew: going through all of the commits and filtering out editorial - still have 335 left to look at but usually can determine if they are relevant or not
... would appreciate others reviewing in blocks of 25 or so
... want to verify that the format I am using for the review is acceptable
... planning to finish by next week with results so far
... Might have some questions about of few of the commits - how to handle this?

Janina: post on the list, I will see it, Leonie will also see it and can take it forward as necessary

Matthew: I may search a bit more for video - headlines of the commit list don’t seem to relate to video
... Please review my post to the list and suggest any specific formatting

Janina: informal review results is fine; It seems that Leonie is also tracking

<Matthew_Atkinson> ACK, couldn't get back in, but did get answers to my questions; thanks :-).

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/10/23 16:58:42 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina Matthew_Atkinson

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Regrets: Joanie John_Foliot Gottfried
Found Scribe: becka11y
Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y
Found Scribe: correction action #is 2215
Scribes: becka11y, correction action #is 2215
Found Date: 23 Oct 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]