WoT PlugFest

04 Sep 2019



Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Takahisa_Suzuki, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi


<kaz> scribenick: ege

Online Plugfest

<inserted> Sep. 10 at 4-7pm JST, 9am-noon CEST (as confirmed during the main call)

PR by mlagally


Lagally: I have copied the demo repository from Munich so if you need to update some of the documents in there, please
... please update them, like removing photos
... let me know if you want an instance foryour implementation
... there are also some converters

<kaz> PR 858 by Fujitsu

<kaz> (merged)

(ml mergin PRs of Fujitsu and hitachi)

<kaz> PR 860 by Hitachi

<inserted> (merged)

Lagally: we will look to the results of all these merges later on

<kaz> PR 863 by NHK

<kaz> (merged)

<kaz> PR 864 by Fujitsu

<kaz> (merged)

<kaz> PR 865 by Oracle

Lagally: anyone planning to do updates to their devices?
... clarification on the nhk hybridcast?

Kaz: (explains)

Lagally: plans to include other devices from other manufacturers?

Kaz: they said that it might be too much modifications for the first plugfest; we need some more detailed discussion including them; note that we can use their TV as a display using HDMI connection if we want

Lagally: I can see
... some logistics such as VPN
... suzuki san?
... maybe not available

<inserted> Suzuki-san's proposed dmeo scenarios

Lagally: now some scenarios
... detecting a human and doing some interactions
... (talks about the scenarios that are available in the .md file)

Suzuki: explains the Scenario 1

Lagally: (goes into the repo to show what are the different TDs available)

Toru: I won't be present for the online plugfest but Panasonic devices will be available for the online plugfest

Lagally: Oracle devices are already available so you can consume and use them

Suzuki: (explains the scenario 2 involving different devices from panasonic, oracle and fujitsu)
... I heard that mdns doesn't work on vpn

Lagally: do we have a vpn?

McCool: I agree that mdns doesn't work on vpns most of the time since VPNs don't support it
... I will not have time to set up VPN this time
... and suggest using global ip addresses

Lagally: all these devices would be then cloud devices
... so we assume that they are connected to the cloud

McCool: we need to get someone to work on how to make robust plugfests in the future

Lagally: I don't know if I will have time to set up the monitoring of all these services

<inserted> kaz: ask clarification if we start with those two scenarios for the online plugfest

<inserted> ml: let's do so

<inserted> kaz: will allocate a dedicated WebEx for the Online PlugFest on Sep. 10

<inserted> ml: please put the information on the README.md file

<inserted> kaz: will do

adjourning the meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/09/06 08:46:14 $