Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

28 Aug 2019


Sam, Dee, Irfan, paul_grenier, janina, SteveNoble
Irfan Ali


<Irfan> scribe: Dee

TPAC 2019 (Coordination with various groups)

<janina> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019

Janina: meeting coordination status: draft APA agenda is there.
... First day, coordinate how to use remaining time at TPAC
... have meeting with CSS on Tuesday, GAP analysis on agenda, if desired
... demo opportunities on Wednesday

Irfan: is the joint meeting with DPUB important?

Janina: Yes, we should be part of DPUB meeting.

Irfan: I will keep an eye on the agenda.

should we have included something about CSS specs in use cases?

Documents will be updated.

CSS speech example to be added to use cases.

Keep audience in mind.

Gap Analysis Document Editor Draft <https://w3c.github.io/pronunciation/gap-analysis/>

Irfan: we need to add more information. There are some things we have added (CSS properties). We did not add details. We need to keep working on it.

Steve and Mark will work to update.

Irfan: everyone should continue to review the document.

User Scenarios Document Editor Draft <https://w3c.github.io/pronunciation/user-scenarios/>

Sam: additions could come from reaching out and interviews
... the more preliminary data, the better
... could start to funnel down and show differences with actual users. This may be beyond the actual scope, but is a way of validating.

Use Cases Document Editor Draft <https://w3c.github.io/pronunciation/use-cases/>

Paul: Changes merged last week.
... I will make an issue to add CSS examples.

Irfan: Will this be merged before publishing?

Janina: Suggest not to do it while Roy is publishing.
... Before we go to CFC, we take a snapshot and vote on that, not the editor's draft.

<Chris> Sorry, but I need to drop off.

There is a way to create a snapshot and work on a branch.

Janina: documents need to be editorially clean.

Mark: next step is to start vetting proposals before going to community group.

Other Business

Mark: Part of my travel took me to Russia - ongoing research in AT. Met with speech group. Will connect this group.

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/08/28 14:42:20 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Iran/Irfan/
Default Present: Sam, Dee, Irfan, paul_grenier, janina, SteveNoble
Present: Sam Dee Irfan paul_grenier janina SteveNoble
Found Scribe: Dee
Inferring ScribeNick: Dee
Found Date: 28 Aug 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]