Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

11 Jul 2019



addison, atsushi, r12a, Bert, JcK
Addison Phillips


trackbot, prepare teleconference

<agendabot> clear agenda

<scribe> ScribeNick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items


<trackbot> action-803 -- Richard Ishida to Suggest some wording to unicode around zwsp and stretching -- due 2019-05-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/803

close action-803

<trackbot> Closed action-803.


<trackbot> action-804 -- Richard Ishida to Examine our issue 96 and css 3754 and ensure we can close or reopen if necessary -- due 2019-05-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/804


<trackbot> action-808 -- Atsushi Shimono to Research the 6 close suggested issues vs. the whatwg specification -- due 2019-06-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/808

close action-808

<trackbot> Closed action-808.


<trackbot> action-809 -- Atsushi Shimono to Please research the "needs review" issues in the linked email vs. the whatwg specification -- due 2019-06-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/809

close action-809

<trackbot> Closed action-809.


<trackbot> action-812 -- Richard Ishida to Investigate situation for accesskey including wording and tests and report back -- due 2019-07-25 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/812

working on it

Info Share

richard: i18n wg/ig have been rechartered for two years
... no need to re-join

<scribe> ... dropped Encoding as a deliverable

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: as whatwg will do
... other thing is that we own ITS specs
... hopefully no work to do

richard: ITS IG has been closed
... the email list is still alive
... but under our auspices

<r12a> https://www.w3.org/International/

richard: did some tidying up
... did a little bit more
... hopefully you'll think it's an improvement

<r12a> https://twitter.com/r12a

richard: working on my pickers
... see twitter feed announce

<scribe> ... new feature "analyse text"

RADAR and Active Work Review


Review of HTML/WhatWG issues


<atsushi> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jun/0011.html

<r12a> Use of modifier keys for accesskey

<r12a> https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1012

<r12a> Normalization and accesskey

<r12a> https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1023

<r12a> Why reduce accesskey values to a single code point?

<r12a> https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1022

<r12a> Remove the use of printable character from accessKey attribute

<r12a> https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/485



RESOLUTION: close 481, open a new issue against whatwg if needed

RESOLUTION: close 159



RESOLUTION: close 482, keep as reference material

RESOLUTION: close 158



418 replicated by https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

<scribe> ACTION: richard: update and submit 607 to whatwg (email addresses)

<trackbot> Created ACTION-813 - Update and submit 607 to whatwg (email addresses) [on Richard Ishida - due 2019-07-18].

RESOLUTION: close 418, replace with action-813 as appropriate

need to break 607 up into a list of things that need tracking

RESOLVE: 417 in favor of 607

RESOLUTION: close 417 in favor of 607


atsushi: whatwg fixed

RESOLUTION: close 206 and 121 as fixed (yay!)


<atsushi> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jul/0002.html


<scribe> ACTION: atsushi: create new issue against whatwg cloning html:1011 (our 396)

<trackbot> Created ACTION-814 - Create new issue against whatwg cloning html:1011 (our 396) [on Atsushi Shimono - due 2019-07-18].


<atsushi> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/220

<atsushi> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/570

richard: 220 is already against whatwg
... still open
... not conclusive. leave as is
... need folks like florian, et al

keep 220 and 570 for now. work on case for updating whatwg by TPAC


RESOLUTION: close 197


https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/571 is whatwg

RESOLUTION: close 124 in deference to 571


richard: currently open with whatwg


atsushi to update list and check for whatwg issues


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: atsushi: create new issue against whatwg cloning html:1011 (our 396)
[NEW] ACTION: richard: update and submit 607 to whatwg (email addresses)

Summary of Resolutions

  1. close 481, open a new issue against whatwg if needed
  2. close 159
  3. close 482, keep as reference material
  4. close 158
  5. close 418, replace with action-813 as appropriate
  6. close 417 in favor of 607
  7. close 206 and 121 as fixed (yay!)
  8. close 197
  9. close 124 in deference to 571
[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/07/11 14:56:35 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: addison atsushi r12a Bert JcK
Found ScribeNick: addison
Inferring Scribes: addison
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jul/0003.html
Found Date: 11 Jul 2019
People with action items: 607 atsushi richard submit update

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]