WoT PlugFest

29 May 2019


Michael_Lagally, Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Kathy_Giori, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Takahisa_Suzuki, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi


<mlagally_> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf


Lagally: we have the participants listed in the readme for the f2f and demo
... we had about 5 companies yesterday for the online plugfest
... update about the demos
... let's look at the PRs
... merges a PR from aparnathuluva

McCool: some are not in testing

Lagally: do these new siemens td come with an additional description in readme

Sebastian: I have asked my colleague to put some new tds
... (merges multiple PRs)

Matthias: did mozilla push their TDs

Kathy: ben will do that soon
... we have another format but we can discuss the delta during the event

Sebastian: is it compatible to w3c td?

Kathy: no, we use links vs forms and no id

Sebastian: so an effort to be compatible?

Kathy: no they are not, forms and links will not change even after the workshop

McCool: we should discuss compatibility possibilities

Matthias: we can write manually tds for mozilla devices

<kgiori> Mozilla TD example for a Light is here: iot.mozilla.org/schemas

Matthias: for the workshop

Lagally: do you think we can do some tests during the weekend?

Matthias: i wanted to get the thing gateway up and running with smartthings devices

Kathy: it is not that difficult to do

Lagally: will we have devices in the prep days?

Kathy: we will have also virtual devices

<kgiori> demo online here: https://w3c-interop.mozilla-iot.org/things (let me look up the u/p for access)

Lagally: I have set up simulation devices in the cloud
... you can tell me and I can set up simulators for your devices
... there is the hangouts link for the panasonic devices

<kgiori> the latter link has simulated devices. I just posted a temp username and password - u: w3c@w3c.org p: workshop

Lagally: so if you have video streams, just join the video link

Sebastian: we are working on the charging scenario with ecog and panasonic
... toru-san do you have info on that

Lagally: are the tds available

Sebastian: yes also ecog TDs
... (talks about the new TDs)

Lagally: are there any problem regarding node-wot

Sebastian: not that we know of at the moment

dape: there is also a snapshot version on npm

Sebastian: there is a hands-on tutorial

<sebastian> http://www.thingweb.io/hands-on.html

Lagally: TUM?

Ege: so we have put all the TDs but they are not the latest version

McCool: also we should not use same hostnames
... maybe document them in the readme

Lagally: intel?

McCool: we have person recog. and solar power not working
... I broke some things
... in the last 24 hours but fixed
... (explains individual devices)
... doesn't need more than one table

Lagally: hitachi?

Toumura: I am doing an application scenario

Lagally: fujitsu?

Matsukura: devices through proxy
... please contact to get information on access

Lagally: panasonic?

Toru: we will provide devices from osaka
... also one local device
... so we can make more tangible demos

Lagally: suggestion to add links to the TDs
... in the readme
... uni southampton?
... I will ask for a TD
... bmw?

Sebastian: received info today
... they will be an isolated demo

Ege: tum demo is movable

Sebastian: contact benjamin

Ege: bmw is coming to the prep days
... but without a car, only simulation

Lagally: mozilla?

Kathy: we are bringing our gateway

<Zakim> dape, you wanted to do we want to check TDs for validity? Ege is automatic testing possible?

Kathy: a gateway to bring off the shelf devices

Sebastian: how you want to go with being not compatible, during the elevator pitches

Kathy: I don't know, we can claim that we are not compatible

kaz: we should inform on what the pitch should be

Sebastian: maybe mentioning compatibility

Kathy: showing interoperability of devices

kaz: mentioning conversion

Sebastian: maybe having a meeting

Ege: we can just write tds

McCool: a converter would be better

Sebastian: dave's demo is missing
... with arena

Lagally: (adds the dave demo info on readme)
... do not forget to bring plug and voltage converters
... participation, on friday there seems to be only sebastian and the rest is ? or -

McCool: how early can we come?

Lagally: 8 am

Sebastian: registration starts at 12
... so that the audience can come and have a look
... at least come on sunday to test the network
... I will bring the modem
... we can be sure that at 8am we can start
... I will come only on sunday to tum

Lagally: not many people on saturday
... bmw is coming or not? (changes to ? for the weekend)

Ege: I will be there on saturday even if no one said that they will not

Lagally: presentations?

Sebastian: you don't have to do it with slides, as you wish

kaz: organizers should notify by email about the presentations

Lagally: people will walk over to the demo area after the talks

Sebastian: I can show the agenda

kaz: presenters should explain their demos
... workshop chairs should send a message

Lagally: please watch the workshop page, it will be updated
... we will see on sunday
... I have also added the collateral page, where you can add the images of the devices, or any kind of information you want

Lagally: adds ege info on github

McCool: social event?

Ege: for workshop or wg participants?

McCool: for wg
... it would be better to do it before thursday since people might be leaving

Kathy: let's put a target

McCool: then tuesday
... a local can organise?

Lagally: I will talk to sebastian
... (giving host to mm)


McCool: initial implementation report

<McCool> https://cdn.statically.io/gh/mmccool/wot-thing-description/updated-test-results/testing/report.html#test_class

McCool: passed deadline
... michael koster, are you there

Matthias: you can merge

McCool: fujitsu?

Matsukura: approved the changes

McCool: i will merge smartthings and copy fujitsu from demos
... I can ask people during f2f
... make sure you update the manual assertions
... some are interesting stuff, like content negotiation
... so we have to finish them after the workshop, it will be really tight
... I will be pushing updates tomorrow
... we need to split producer and consumer
... to have visibility
... questions?

Sebastian: some are very easy to implement

Ege: duplicate id there

McCool: I will update it tomorrow

Sebastian: no td call on May 31


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/05/30 20:47:49 $