Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

11 Apr 2019



atsushi, addison, r12a, Katy, JcK, Bert
Addison Phillips


trackbot, prepare teleconference

<agendabot> clear agenda

<scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items



<trackbot> action-774 -- Richard Ishida to Publish first public working draft of string-meta -- due 2019-02-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/774

richard: sent transreq


<trackbot> action-792 -- Addison Phillips to File TPAC 2019 wbs request -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/792

close action-792

<trackbot> Closed action-792.


<trackbot> action-793 -- Addison Phillips to Update issue 251 to point at string-meta fpwd and suggest considering our work -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/793

close action-793

<trackbot> Closed action-793.


<trackbot> action-794 -- Addison Phillips to Research what happened to the discussion of autocapitalize issue 573 and if needed raise with whatwg -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/794

close action-794

<trackbot> Closed action-794.

addison: current whatwg seems okay

<Katy> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/573

katy: close 573?


<trackbot> action-795 -- Addison Phillips to Send issue 521 to css -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/795


<trackbot> action-796 -- Addison Phillips to Comment on web-share issue 6 pointing to string-meta -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/796

close action-796

<trackbot> Closed action-796.

Info Share

RADAR and Active Work Review



Changes to the meeting format

richard: thanks to katy for improving our issue maintenance
... pay more attention to new stuff?
... have a report each week about what new things we're tracking
... if comment, assume we're tracking
... some tracking issues with pending
... but never discussed
... why not run through new items with 1-2 sentences

<r12a> [css-text] text-transform's design, intent and reality resolution #3775

<r12a> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775

<r12a> People (esp. wai) arguing whether, if you copy text with text-transform applied, should you see the in-memory characters, or the visual representation when you paste it. Are there other operations that should produce that result?

<r12a> UAs may have somewhat more liberal handling of the dir attribute than the spec does #2769

<r12a> https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/2769

<r12a> What to do wrt isolation when a dir attribute has an incorrect value.

<r12a> Consider adding TextEncoder.containsLoneSurrogates() static #174

<r12a> https://github.com/whatwg/encoding/issues/174

<r12a> What should the TextEncoder API do wrt single surrogate characters?

<r12a> [css-scroll-snap-1] Clarify which writing-mode is used for scroll-snap-align, scroll container or snap position element? #3815

<r12a> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3815

<r12a> [can’t say i understand the issue here yet]

addison: where would they come from?

richard: atsushi gathers currently
... change date of summary to wednesday

<scribe> ... new tracker issues relating to wgs

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: and requests from lreqs

atsushi: making summary for team, so could make one for us

<scribe> ACTION: atsushi: start writing weekly summary of new/tracked issues

<trackbot> Created ACTION-797 - Start writing weekly summary of new/tracked issues [on Atsushi Shimono - due 2019-04-18].

richard: atsushi, check in with me as you go

Issue 521: what to do with it?



richard: also do CSS-writing-modes-3?

addison: will add

I18N issue resolutions

verifiable-claims Example uses a timestamp for what should just be a (floating) date value http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/link_to_issue_raised

<Katy> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/504

<Katy> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/507

addison: should we nudge?

<Katy> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/573


"different language keyboards should provide language specific behavior for each of these keywords"

close this, make new issue

<scribe> ACTION: addison: make new autocapitalization issue against html based on today's discussion

<trackbot> Created ACTION-798 - Make new autocapitalization issue against html based on today's discussion [on Addison Phillips - due 2019-04-18].

<Katy> https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/57



Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: addison: make new autocapitalization issue against html based on today's discussion
[NEW] ACTION: atsushi: start writing weekly summary of new/tracked issues

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/04/11 14:58:53 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: atsushi addison r12a Katy JcK Bert
Found ScribeNick: addison
Inferring Scribes: addison
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Apr/0006.html
Found Date: 11 Apr 2019
People with action items: addison atsushi

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]