Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

28 Mar 2019


Jennie, janina, MichaelC, johnkirk_, Roy, Jennie_
kirkwood, johnkirkwood, johnkirk_, Janie_, Jennie_


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Update tracking design patterns and assigning reviews of design patterns (see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvlmwHCsWobTgXx9LTWmbRBM6jT8s5lZcardq8u_Ge4/edit# )

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> john can you hear me

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> i can hear u

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: kirkwood

Jennie to present options for tracking assignments (5 minutes)

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: johnkirkwood

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit#

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/track/actions/open

<johnkirk_> LS: two links in channel main page to all different documents

<johnkirk_> LS: tried to put all links into document on the main page

<johnkirk_> LS: planning page

<janina> scribe: johnkirk_

LS: two documents we have are timeline and main documents

<Jennie_> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/track/

Jennie: looking for something more detailed. the tracker tool stop using ruegularly in irc channel right now
... issue actions by user see items assigned to you

<janina> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my

Jennie: want you to look on right in navigation link for products
... maybe put link to each of action items into products
... can update issue within email by using action number
... its the kind of thing we could volunteer to do that.
... name of task, short description, and due date
... michael talked about github but sorting by date is difficult
... having something more solid would be helpful

LS: we are actually using issue tracker.
... action on irc channel does update them
... if more people want us to use it we can but found people weren't referring back to it

Janina: i agree with using tracker that is extremely useful

LS: you are very used to W3C tools which may be atypical

put into this page only see open issues

MC: proposal is to manage the process to make more usful by Jennie
... jennies management would be pulling out and pinging the ones that are the priority
... tracker is not perfect but lets make the best for us

LS: a google doc to do list could be possible

MC: jennie and i discussed and not sure if it would meet the need
... i understand it didn't help before
... but have not had a person tracking which is different

Jennie: can i speak about some of the struggles i'm having

LS: not able to resolve it now

Jennie: while its valid to see struggles that people are having at this time, however best to manage that would be great

LS: I will put on agenda.
... everybody's action is and prioritization

Jennie: its the tracking 4 differnt docs with 4 due dates for example
... want all in one location

LS: want to track actions and due dates
... all being in one place

Jennie: link to document and document name

LS: john you need prioritization?

JK: yes

LS: we used to spend first 10 minutes of each call going through action items
... we could go back to that
... what i'm doing now is the highest priority work
... another problem is the prioritization
... people are doing low priority stuff for example when on deadline
... input on this is welcome?

Janina: i find action tracker particularly helpful

LS: I here the need
... maybe should focus on action tracker, like to see with other people because we did use it but stopped because wasnt using it
... did spend first 20 minutes going through action items like to identify what the problems were, for those that did use it
... want to see how many would use it, haven't been maintaining it to see who uses it
... i'll bring up on coordination call to see if other tools are available
... try for a short time if Jennie is managing it
... how are we doing currently with reviewing design guide?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit#

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> please look at second link

LS: we have review and "working on it" document

<Jennie_> Yes - very helpful

LS: have you found table of review items.
... great all looking at it
... we've got someone down for each item to do the original item
... almost all done
... provide feedback doesn't have someone assigned to it
... thats only one without a name
... i'll put my name down
... doesn't look so bad
... with review Jennie I see you have completed some

Jennie: all inside google doc

LS: anyone else trying to coordinate with people?
... over next week want Steve to review
... also want to see if anything is messed up
... our responsibility as a task force is to handle. Want steve do merging end of next week. want to finish current round over the next week

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: Janie_

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: Jennie_

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit#

Lisa: the links jump to the original document, not within this document.
... does anyone else need another call?
... we will try to get the remaining items done within the next week.
... Then we can add them to the list.

<johnkirk_> Jennie: might want to have a conversation about it

<johnkirk_> i don't think i need a call

<scribe> scribe: johnkirk_

LS: try and get current ones we have down done by end of next week
... do you think you'd be comfortable for review, David is two ok?

David: sure

LS: one would be orientation call
... the other would be a call how to review

David: yes to review

LS: free on Monday?
... to david

david: yes
... except 11-12 pacific

LS: what about an hour after this call

David: yes

Janina: timeanddate.com

LS: i'll do time and date thing and send out invite
... i think i've got the right time

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: send out invite to call

<trackbot> Error finding 'send'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/track/users>.

LS: to send out invite to call
... ACTION: send out invite to call
... hopefully we'll get all these things reviewed over the next week or two
... if anyone wants to join in let me know

I would be interested

LS: I will send to list
... want to email them with schedule so everyone on top of it
... think this item wasn't closed very well?
... should we send open actions to list

Jennie: what is the threshold for number of people on call to make a decision

LS: people who are active in the task force
... John Rochford and EA if useful
... you'd find it useful if projects written up?

Jennie: my recommendation would be to have some discussion on list?
... a bit of both would be very helpfule

LS: other tools like Trello could be useful too?

Jennie: we can update it through the IRC
... ?

LS: just this one

Jennie: wouln't be able to do it also
... all for carving out tasks

LS: writing good action items while scribing sometimes difficult
... using the W3C tracking tool bot
... we will carve out item for someone knowing how to write up a decent action item
... can you update actions badly written?

Janina: L yes

LS: next item

Michael to discuss with group a possible W3C orientation call for those with questions (5 minutes)

LS: Michael you wanted to add

MC: we talked about joining main working group broaden channel of task force an working group
... participation in an orientation call was proposed

<Jennie_> +1

LS: a call about things beyond this task force and W3C we are part of two goups APA and WCAG and how to work with other groups

David: yes
... would be interested in participating

Jennie: maybe we will email back and forth to join

steve item: to ensure our key TF milestones are clearly tracked on the wiki Planning page (say).

LS: next one is Steve's pages
... worth being aware of what he is doing.

does anyone have the link to Steve's pages

Jennie: talking about pages you and Steve disussing on list?

LS: no don't think so
... its the layout for the design guide in these different pages

MC: i put the url in is that it?

LS: no.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/wai-coga/coga-draft/guide/

LS: this is it!!
... review outline for design guide i think we are very close

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/wai-coga/coga-draft/guide/understandable/

LS: add extra layer one of the principals
... the links to test cases under overview
... the purpose of each page is clear, user testing, user stories, and patents
... do people agree or disagree

David: no comment

LS: want to know how its going and if you have any comments this is a really good time before putting actual content into it
... thank you everyone for assisting with issues

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: send out invite to call

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/03/28 15:20:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Jennie janina MichaelC johnkirk_ Roy Jennie_
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Found Scribe: johnkirkwood
Found Scribe: johnkirk_
Inferring ScribeNick: johnkirk_
Found Scribe: Janie_
Found Scribe: Jennie_
Inferring ScribeNick: Jennie_
Found Scribe: johnkirk_
Inferring ScribeNick: johnkirk_
Scribes: kirkwood, johnkirkwood, johnkirk_, Janie_, Jennie_
ScribeNicks: johnkirk_, Jennie_

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 28 Mar 2019
People with action items: invite out send

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]