06 Mar 2019


Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan, Micheal_Koster, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Lagally, Daniel_Peintner, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Yosuke_Nakamura, Zoltan_Kis


<McCool> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_Mar_2019

<scribe> scribenick: kaz


* Workshop

Kaz: ws pages ready
... comm team sending out announcement

McCool: deadline apr. 7
... let's invite people to present

Lagally: still open for pc
... additional people welcome

Kaz: one more from China

Lagally: ok

McCool: good for users
... not only tech guys
... interested in smart city
... move on

* Daylight saving

McCool: next
... daylight saving
... depending on your timezone
... Calls are all scheduled in US Eastern Time, and European daylight savings starts on a different date, so...
... In Europe, calls will start one hour earlier after March 10 and then and then go back one hour later after March 31.
... In Japan, calls will start one hour earlier after March 10.
... For this meeting, March 6 will be as usual, then the one after that will be an hour earlier, except in the US (generally...)

* Lightning talk at AC2019

McCool: ac meeting on april 7-9
... one chair to go, so my turn
... lightning talk on WoT
... on april 8
... 5-10 mins
... very brief presentation
... what WoT is like
... elevator pitch

* VCWG f2f

McCool: next
... Kaz at VCWG f2f
... should be useful



Kaz: vc data model spec includes json and json-ld serializations
... also mime types
... they'll get TAG review next week
... the review result should be useful/interesting to us

* Terminology

McCool: next thing
... Matthias

Matthias: started definitions
... worked on the arch document
... recent discussion for affordance revised
... would confirm some addition needed
... fundamental concept missing
... not Web of pages using links
... but have not got much response
... not sure how to deal with this issue
... this redefinition need fundamental update
... wondering about the group's opinions
... the fundamental scope of WoT to go
... really critical, I think

McCool: we need to take it in account

Matthias: kind of concern our discussions are not really reflected yet
... after today's chairs call, made some proposal
... don't want to dictate the situation but would like to build consensus
... what are the fundamental corner points

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/92

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/282#issuecomment-466488572

Matthias: tf-crossing discussion there

McCool: people, please look at it
... we should be aware of all our discussions

Matthias: maybe some confusion here

<mlagally> my audio apparently is not working - We will talk about it in tomorrow's architecture call

Matthias: can make the first half hour for the arch discussion tomorrow
... should invite Victor too
... corner stone discussions
... we have a problem

McCool: what happened here
... used older reference
... should try to synthesize updated definition
... maybe somebody could pull up the old definition and put that to the issue 282?
... we can carry out the discussion

Matthias: overall, we have many places...

Lagally: had topics from the arch call last week
... pretty aware we need discussion
... great to have Matthias and Victor

McCool: ok
... I'll also join it

Matthias: my concern includes that just a few people lead the discussion
... we need consensus
... now we have less time
... not blaming anybody

Koster: can also look into it
... also try to join the architecture call

Kaz: sorry but can't make the arch call tomorrow

McCool: ok

TAG review

McCool: next
... TAG review
... need explainer documents
... created a template for TD as well
... need to create draft text
... Friday for the first draft
... need explainer docs for TD and Arch
... make sure that happens
... overall schedule for CR transition
... end of March
... TAG review procedure starts on Monday
... need to make sure we won't change the specs and finalize them
... need to pick a date for finalizing them
... explains the status of TD implementation report
... some of new features there
... some of silly things
... forgot to add actions
... this is to be checked in and merged
... all "0" fields mean "not implemented yet"
... now the highlighting in the TD draft works
... btw, lagally, do you have any ideas on normative assertions from the arch doc?

Lagally: don't think so, but need to check

Kaz: as I mentioned last week, we need to think about other wide reviews as well
... we should clarify candidate groups based on the Charter and the updated situation
... e.g., i18n, a12y, json-ld
... we can mention the fact that we already talked about several points
... and ask them for review from additional viewpoints
... and regarding security, we can ask TAG to check the specs from security viewpoint

McCool: we should put all the related info together
... would make sense to put that on the wiki?

Kaz: sure

McCool: adds "Review" section to the group wiki
... TAG, i18n, a12y, json-ld
... and security
... should clarify who to contact them when

Kaz: what about DAS?

McCool: was mainly about scripting api

Zoltan: already talked with them
... e.g., about updated proposal for api definition

Kaz: in that case, maybe wot chair(s) can send an email to their chair(s) and ask if there is anything else remaining

McCool: ok
... adds some more information about the current status
... who to contact i18n and a12y?

Kaz: if you want, I can continue to talk with them

McCool: comments about reviews?
... adds some more items on schedule for preparation
... march 8: explainers
... march 11: chairs edits
... march 12: submit to TAG
... end of march: CR transition
... we want to have a frozen version
... for the reviews
... anything else?

TF reports


McCool: arch?

Lagally: we had a call last week
... now 2-hour discussion
... various PRs
... fixing links, etc.
... also proposing new diagrams
... went to pretty long discussion about overview
... also PR for that

McCool: will provide comments by tomorrow

Lagally: no need for significant new content
... mainly clean-up and clarification
... 5 PRs and 22 Issues now
... some require significant inputs
... please look into them
... also will have discussion on terminology tomorrow
... and explainer document
... very first draft for that

<mlagally> WoT Architecture - Explanation for TAG review.md https://github.com/mlagally/wot-architecture/blob/master/proposals/WoT%20Architecture%20-%20Explanation%20for%20TAG%20review.md

Lagally: McCool to provide one section
... mk also to provide another


McCool: next TD

Taki: discussed JSON-LD issue
... on the JSON-LD repo


Taki: Kaz is asking them about when to have joint discussion
... meanwhile, we have our own schedule
... in parallel to the discussion with JSON-LD WG
... one thing is serialization section
... not compatible with the JSON-LD 1.1 spec
... also suggested the section on "transformation to JSON-LD" to be removed (to become a separate doc)

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/405

Taki: we'll continue discussion on Friday
... will work on the issues

<McCool> https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/343

McCool: we had a link for explainer example (above)

Taki: ok

<McCool> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2018OctDec/0024.html

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/106

Kaz: given the current situation, we should ask the TAG for review based on the current draft
... with clear description on our issue within the explainer doc
... so vc result would be interesting


McCool: next
... binding?
... some issue ongoing?

Koster: Matthias made some contribution
... would like to work on that

Lagally: would suggest Koster to look at the text within the architecture document
... and give comments if needed

Koster: ok


McCool: scripting?

Zoltan: discussion with Daniel
... how to close the API version
... let browser vendors join later
... we don't expect browser implementations at the moment
... interesting to see browser implementations as well, though
... similar issue on discovery like DAS discussion
... we could have convenience function maybe
... have written report from the last meeting
... Daniel is investigating implementation costs

McCool: ok


McCool: next security
... working on best practices doc
... also penetration testing
... busy to finalize TD
... got another expert from Intel
... do the actual penetration testing after CR transition
... in early April


McCool: aob?



Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/03/08 03:26:53 $