Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

06 Feb 2019


janina, Becka11y, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, irfan, Chris, JonnyJames
becka11y, jania, janina


<Becka11y> scribe: becka11y

Agenda Review & Announcements

becka11y: I attended the Media & enterainment meeting yesterday

<Chris> I was there too

Janina: will add to agenda

CAPTCHA Wide Review

Janina: hears no new news items
... aks Michael: Where do we stand with CAPTCHA?

Michael: discussing a reference - don’t want to use a wikipedia reference since not an authoritative source

Janina: don’t want to stall over just that reference; want to issue a decision with a pointer to document in master
... most edits were just spelling and grammer; dealt with some other more substantive comments - but just had to say things a bit more clearly which I believe is editorial
... believe all edits were editorial but willing to let others revisit if necessary

Michael: comfortable that edits are all editorial including to biometric paragraph

Michael and Janina discuss biometric paragraph - separating a long sentence into two

Janina: no objections to CFC on publishing CAPTCHA document with editorial changes; Michael will publish this week or next;
... we want wide revier who should we ask? Authorization group is important but want a review of the specifics beyond accessibility; also want internationalization input since captcha is very English language specific
... What other groups and for what reason should we ask for review

Michael: perhaps all other horizontal review groups

Janina: that includes security and privacy as well as internationalization and ourselves
... need to use WAI to get notice - that will require some additional introductory info and pushes publishing back a bit but that is worthwhile
... hoping this is the equivalent of last call and we can be done with this for awhile

Pronunciation Task Force (PTF) Update

irfan: still getting started; no planning meeting today; we are working to set a time - got responses from people with possibilities; am putting information on the wiki page, hope to finish by end of week so it will be available for TF members
... a few more people have joined the TF;

Janina: what are possible times for teleconference?

irfan: most preferred time is Tuesday 9:00 am Eastern
... other preferences are Monday 9; and Wednesday 9 and 10
... will have a different time on alternating weeks to include the most people

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> WebXR Device API

Michael: says don’t look at it even though published as TR
... basically VR on the web (and much more not captured by scribe)

Janina: not sure we need to track - will interface with sensory modalities available; may want to remove some features - but that won’t impact the API

Michael: not sure how this api will affect accessibility; not sure if Media and entertainment discussion on adding captions/subtitles in 360 will intersect

<CKLoew> Sorry, need to drop as I have another meeting. Thanks.

Janina: may want to check back when spec is more mature

Michael: will mark as deferred until “don’t look hear” box within the spec is removed

<MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to ping review of https://www.w3.org/TR/webxr/ WebXR Device API - due 6 months

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2188 - Ping review of https://www.w3.org/tr/webxr/ webxr device api [on Michael Cooper - due 2019-08-06].

Other Business

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Janina: have been heads down on CAPTCHA

Michael: action 2185 Return to drafting comments on poe (permissions and obligations expression) use cases and requirements

Janina; comments have been made so needs discussion

Michael: most spec review actions are on Janina and Michael

Other Business

Janina: Jason White, Charles LaPierre and Becka11y at Media and entertainment captions for 360 degrees

<MichaelC> Minutes of Media & Entertainment IG presentation

Janina: discussed with Jason White - how captioning moves with you or not; should probably be an option

<janina> scribe: jania

<janina> scribe: janina

becky: Showed video including captions
... showed pov and another with arrows pointing to where the voice was
... forcing caption to follow eye focus sometimes caused vertigo

<Becka11y> Janina: we should ask RQTF to follow this - Jason White is facilitator

<Becka11y> Becka11y: agreed

<Becka11y> Janina: we may still get involved but start with RQTF

<Becka11y> Chris: was also on the call - they were using color to identify the different speakers; we should strongly oppose that

<Chris> I'm on the ME IG

<Becka11y> Michael: follow up thread is happening - Janina and Micheal are on that thread

<Becka11y> Janina: will respond that RQTF will be following/monitoring

<Becka11y> Michael: if you want to track this conversation you must join the RQTF. Ask Michael to add you to the list

<Becka11y> Michael: any volunteers to join RQTF?

<Becka11y> Michael; adding Becky and Chris who made the request during the call

Knowledge Domain Developments

<Becka11y> Janina: trying to move the Konwledge Domain forward; want to start a community group; A11y is important but probably should not be driving this topic

<Becka11y> Janina: this is how to we handle presenting content (html, svg) for knowledge domains (Chem, math, bio, music, college domains, etc)

<Becka11y> Janina: and need to include accessibility - CG will come up with architectural contructs that can be followed by different disciplines


<Becka11y> Janina: will start a community group and ask people who participated on the Knowledge Domain conversations at TPAC and interested APA members to join

<Becka11y> Janina: will write up a high level intro on how to introduce this content into Web pages - this seems to point to containers

<Becka11y> Janina: this topic has active interest across accessibility as well as other groups across W3C

<Becka11y> Janina: any other business?

<Becka11y> irfan: who is going to CSUN?

<Becka11y> no

<Becka11y> Michael, Irfan - are going

<Becka11y> irfan: perhaps we can have a small discussion there if more people from the group are going to CSUN

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: cooper to ping review of https://www.w3.org/TR/webxr/ WebXR Device API - due 6 months

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/02/06 17:55:50 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/captons/captions/
Present: janina Becka11y Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC irfan Chris JonnyJames
Regrets: Gottfried
Found Scribe: becka11y
Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y
Found Scribe: jania
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Scribes: becka11y, jania, janina
ScribeNicks: Becka11y, janina
Found Date: 06 Feb 2019
People with action items: cooper

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]