Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

23 Jan 2019


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Irfan_, Becka11y
jonny, John, Gottfried


<Irfan_> https://paper.li/heatherhansen/1313393397#/

<Irfan_> https://paper.li/heatherhansen/1313393397#/tag-pronunciation

<scribe> scribe: becka11y

Agenda Review & Announcements

Upcoming Calendar: No teleconference 30 January

Janina: no new items from anyone


janina: no meeting on January 30
... expecting CFC soon, need to re-check one of the references and do some addn. rewrites before sending out for CFC; will give plenty of time for review becuase it is critical that we get this completely accurate
... multi-factor and multi-device sign on services - they do more than just validate that user is a human; concerns when 3rd party uses these type of APIs - how much private info is shared? How do we handle that?

Michael: I don’t think it relates to captcha since these sights generally have already authenticated the user and know they are human

Janina: Use case: for example - I have authenticated with google (or other service), I go to another site and they reach out to google to authenticate me - what is sent?

Michael: depends on whether and how you are authenticated with google

Janina: still need to understand what information is shared; will ask authentication people to review - especially this section

Michael: if google is providing captcha service they shouldn’t require user to have an account with google

Janina: working on re-writing that last section (multi-factor)

Michael: can we reach out to someone at google for clarification?

Janina: need to check on the citation in that section - make sure it is still relevant and available; Yes, should ask Google and authentication WG for review

Michael: we don’t need to hold up publication until we get an answer - add an editor’s note

Janina: don’t want to pick on google, are there other services that provide captcha service
... expect the CFC in the next day or two;


irfan: need to send email to the task force and also survey to determine time for the call; provide background info before the first call
... internal organization call next Wednesday

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> CSS Snapshot 2018

Michael: CSS snapshot 2018 - believe there is no need to review; CSS periodically gathers up all of the documents

Janina: should we ping HTML Accessibility for a change log update?

Michael: we aren’t actively reviewing it but got tasked by ARIA WG to help keep on top of it; Is a bit of a problem that HTML a11y changlog is out of date

Joanie: reviewers need to have experience with accesibility APIs in order to review
... will ask contact to update changelog rather than making a formal request

Michael: there are definitely commits that are not in the changelog

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Janina: any progress on actions? I have been focused on captcha so haven’t made any progress on my actions
... request for other business? None - so meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/01/23 17:30:44 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC Irfan_ Becka11y
Regrets: jonny John Gottfried
Found Scribe: becka11y
Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y
Found Date: 23 Jan 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]