17 Jan 2019


MichaelC, Jennie, Roy, AbiJ, Glenda, JohnRochford, Jan, stevelee


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> clear agenda

calls next week and week after

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: jennie

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> call next week not week after

Lisa: we would have a call on 24th, and not the 31st of January.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> close item 2

Michael: suggest sending a reminder the week of the 31st to remind people that there will not be a call

last minuet logistics for the face to face https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Meetings/Jan_2019

Group will meet at 8:15 in the morning the day of the first meeting of the face to face.

Lisa: add into the google doc where you are staying, and easy ways to reach you.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Meetings/Jan_2019

Lisa: check EA's contact info in the wiki page.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Meetings/Jan_2019

Lisa: group will meet in the lobby of the hotel at 8:15 in the morning.

Confirm our goals See https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/PlanningPage

<EA> 403 Forbidden Request forbidden by administrative rules.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/PlanningPage

Lisa: Key items: Gaps analysis, next draft of design guide
... secondary items: WCAG 2.2. Alistair will be in the sub-group, but can't meet for the next week or two.
... Lisa is on standby and open to participating if helpful.

Glenda: Possibility of talking about the authentication one, and Janina and John Rockford would like to help with that. If meeting not possible prior to the face to face, another way to meet can occur.

Lisa: authentication one is in. The question is - which others?

Glenda: I will schedule a meeting with Alastair.

Abi: EA and I were on the call this morning, and Alastair mentioned a few areas that the low vision working group is working on, and felt COGA should review.
... I can volunteer to do this.

Lisa: We will do this after the face to face.
... There will be a joint sub group from COGA and Low Vision group to work on this together before this goes to the other groups.

<AbiJ> Low vision WG list they are working from - http://w3c.github.io/low-vision-a11y-tf/user-needs-coverage.html

Abi and Jennie both volunteered for the joint sub group.

Lisa: the work that Steve is doing for the WAI home page with resources - are there others that would be willing to volunteer to help Steve?

John Rochford: I will volunteer to help Steve.

Lisa: I will help as needed as well.
... sub groups will not interrupt the focus from the key items: gaps analysis and next draft of design guide.

Glenda: my options are ready to review

Jennie: mine are not yet ready to review.

Lisa: group task: review Glenda's.
... mine need a bit more work.

Steve: there are a couple of open questions still for mine.

Lisa: the timing is in the details.
... moved navigation to media segments.

Discussing Chunk Media

Lisa: work to ensure these areas are easily understandable.
... the more detail section can be more descriptive and technical.

<JohnRochford> I can certainly help with making content easily understandable.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit#

The editor's note shows that the one needs more work.

John Rochford: I'm happy to work on simplifying language when items are more finalized in terms of content.

Lisa: maybe we use this process of simplifying in the review process.

John Rochford: This is part of the work being done in Silver.

Glenda: I can work on an additional one after the face to face or at the face to face.
... Lisa - please assign me one.

EA: which ones still need doing?

Lisa: whichever ones have an editors note.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/design/

Jennie: suggest a table at the top of the Google doc with all the sections that need to be rewritten, the person assigned to them, and then blank spaces for the ones that have not been assigned.

Steve: I can make the table

Lisa: add "approved" for those that are done (the ones without editor's notes).

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: steve to make a table suggest a table at the top of the Google doc with all the sections that need to be rewritten, the person assigned to them, and then blank spaces for the ones that have not been assigned.

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

<Roy> trackbot, status?

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

Lisa: please let people know when this is done.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> can we intergrate it back in?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> +1

<stevelee> +1

<Glenda> +1

<AbiJ> +1

Abi: a similar image is on the WAI site that Steve used - which one should we use?

Glenda: suggest leaving this image in right now because it is useful.

Steve: this section is really good, useful!
... maybe we move this to the website, as an introduction.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> zakiom, next item

gap analisis See https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/#topic-1 -authentication-and-safety If we like it we should apply it to the rest of the tables.

Lisa: restructuring the gap analysis.
... Moved the issue papers into an appendix to help with flow.
... I changed "table" to "topic."
... any objections?
... Added information about the user needs, and increased it to emphasize the specific barriers it causes for some with for example memory impairments.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/#topic-1-authentication-and-safety

Lisa: Is this the right direction? Are there things we want to change in the way 3.1 is done?
... summary of changes:
... table to topic, added more information about user names (e.g. sentence that beings "Many users without cognitive and learning disabilities..."), and divided the tables into two (one for user needs - authoring techniques, one for new semantics for personalization).
... some of the information is out of date.

Glenda: pulling up content on a mobile device helps get perspective of how some needing magnification view content. The tables are difficult to consume viewing this way. They are better, but if there is a structure we can use without tables that would reflow better.

Discussion around the format of the tables continued - discussing reflow, other ways the information could be displayed, comparing the table from the low vision task force.

Michael: they need to conform to WCAG, so they should reflow, so this is an editorial issue we should address.

Glenda: the viewpoint I was taking was that on a mobile phone - in portrait, I can only see two columns at a time.

<kirkwood> Preset+

Michael: I recommend focusing on the understandability of the document.

Glenda: are expand/collapse option possible?

Steve: no, not for TR

Glenda: ok, then let's move on

Lisa: please think about the tables - maybe we can move the authoring techniques out?

Steve: two columns would be better.

Lisa: authoring techniques is old, the WCAG column is old - maybe we just want to reference our design guide?
... I will continue working on topic 1. If anyone wants to start working on topic 2. And if anyone else has more comments, send them to the list.
... when can you have the table done for the design guide?

Steve: I can do that tomorrow morning.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: steve to make a table suggest a table at the top of the Google doc with all the sections that need to be rewritten, the person assigned to them, and then blank spaces for the ones that have not been assigned.

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/01/17 16:06:19 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: MichaelC Jennie Roy AbiJ Glenda JohnRochford Jan stevelee
Found Scribe: jennie
Inferring ScribeNick: Jennie

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: steve

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]