This Wiki page is edited by participants of the Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Task Force participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Coga TF F2F Meeting
The Coga TF will meet on 28 and 29 January 2019. The host requests that participants be aware of the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
Please register for the meeting.
FPSE Building 32 on the Highfield Campus, University Rd, University of Southampton, Southampton, Hampshire, SO17 1BJ United Kingdom.
Image only downloadable PDF Route Map with accessible pathways;
Building 32 has a lift and accessible facilities.
A hotel near the meeting location:
- The Highfield House Hotel. This one is a walk away from the campus and has the Ceno restaurant, where we can book an evening meal next door. Please let E.A. know if you would like to go to Ceno on Monday evening.
If people would like a trip on the Unilink bus then booking in the centre of Southampton, two hotels are recommended:
Local hotels PDF download - but we will make sure these are all available and try to check for accessibility.
Catering and support kindly offered by the W3C UK & Ireland Office.
- Southampton International Airport is a few minutes away from Highfield campus by bus (Unilink bus: U1, £2 single/£3.50 all-day pass) or taxi (usually around £6-12), off junction 5 of the M27. There are flights to Southampton from UK airports, mainland Europe and the Channel Islands.
- London Heathrow Airport is just over 60 miles from Southampton. You can catch a National Express coach direct to Southampton from the central bus station, located close to Terminals 1, 2 and 3. Some coaches stop at the University's Highfield Interchange, others go direct to Southampton Coach Station. You can also travel by train from Heathrow to Paddington in central London. From London, you can take a train to Southampton. For more details see the National Rail website.
- London Gatwick Airport is nearly 90 miles from Southampton. You can catch a National Express coach direct to Southampton Coach Station. You can also catch a direct train from Gatwick Airport to Southampton Central. For more details see the National Rail website.
- Fast trains from London and Bournemouth/Weymouth stop at Southampton Central and Southampton Airport Parkway. Trains from Portsmouth and Bristol/South Wales stop at Southampton Central. There are also regular trains from major airports such as Gatwick and Heathrow to Southampton Central. You can find details of routes and timetables on the National Rail website.
- Highfield Campus is three miles from Southampton Central, and two miles from Southampton Airport Parkway. You can get the Unilink bus: U1 from either of these stations to Highfield Campus.
More details about travel can be found on getting here.
All times are given in UTC±0.
Monday 28 January 2019
8:30-8:50: Welcome/setup, Introductions, and interests, what your agency/organisation wants to achieve from coga
8:50-9:30: Review of documents, and timelines agenda (What else do we want to achieve)
9:30-10:00: Terms document (glossary)
10:30-12:30: The gap analysis - Janina’s proposal. Working on the gap analysis and structuring (Note we need to use face to face time on this because we can pull the pieces together in a call modality).
1:30-3:30: The gap analysis - a) Working on the gap analysis and structuring; b) Identifying and filling in the gaps
3:45-4:45: Silver (if John Rochford can make it), Looking at the proposals for structure and making sure it can support coga needs.
4:45-5:45: Next steps, allocating tasks for silver and the gap analisis
Tuesday 29 January 2019
8:30-9:15: Design guides - overview and motivations
9:15-10:00: Writing a design guided item
10:30-12:30: Writing a design guided item
1:30-2:15: Reviewing design guide items - creating a review checklist, trying it
2:15-3:00: Overlaps and redundancies
3:30-5:30: Other papers (wayfinding, conversational interfaces and mental health). Next steps for design guide, usable doc and the groups as a whole - timelines.