DXWG CNEG Subgroup telecon

16 January 2019

Meeting minutes

scribenick" roba

<LarsG> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌wiki/‌Meetings:CNEG-Telecon2019.01.16

confirm agenda

ncar: minutes link is broken

<ncar> agenda for the last meeting: https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌wiki/‌Meetings:CNEG-Telecon2018.12.05

approve minutes

larsg: minutes appear to be missing - we reviewed open actions and will address then.

open actions https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌products/‌4

close: action-231

close action-231

<trackbot> Closed action-231.

<LarsG> action-234?

<trackbot> action-234 -- Nicholas Car to Use definitions to create abstract model diagram and text -- due 2018-10-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌234

roba: i think we need to finalise details of model for this and sequence diagram

<LarsG> ... so we leave 234 and 235 open

<LarsG> action-264?

<trackbot> action-264 -- Lars G. Svensson to Check moratorium dates -- due 2018-11-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌264

<LarsG> action-241?

<trackbot> action-241 -- Rob Atkinson to Clarify #264 -- due 2018-11-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌241


<LarsG> roba: This is important for profile negotiation

<LarsG> ... The UCR says in "5.5 Discover available content profiles"

<LarsG> ncar: ID5 covers the github issue #264

<LarsG> roba: not sure it's exactly the same

<LarsG> ... what the req doesn't say is where this metadata resides


<LarsG> ... (req

<LarsG> ncar: can we say that covers issue #264?

<LarsG> ... if we're not losing anything we should be fine

close action-241 issue closed - requirement https://‌w3c.github.io/‌dxwg/‌ucr/#RPFMD handles this

<LarsG> roba: requirement https://‌w3c.github.io/‌dxwg/‌ucr/#RPFMD handles this so we can close the action

<LarsG> close action-241

<trackbot> Closed action-241.

<LarsG> action-243?

<trackbot> action-243 -- Rob Atkinson to Go back through the discussion, come to a conclusion, discuss with antoine and work out what requirement #267 actually meant -- due 2018-11-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌243

<LarsG> roba: analysis has been done (cf note in action)

relates to https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues/‌267


<LarsG> ... is the requirement we're talking about

<LarsG> ... seems to cover the use case

roba: i think this covers

<LarsG> ... If we have something like an OGC feature service wrapping

<LarsG> ... a list of items in a container

<LarsG> ... then the profile can be for the container or the list

<LarsG> ncar: it's not limited to DCAT

<LarsG> roba: If you say that a distribution conforms to a profile

<LarsG> ... then it can conform to several profiles independently specifiying the container

<LarsG> ... or the list items

<LarsG> ... a container can be e. g. GML FeatureCollection

<LarsG> ncar: and that is not in the accept-header

<LarsG> roba: The profile doesn't refer to the container but to the actual

<LarsG> ... features and that is similar for all services returning

<LarsG> ... lists of items.

<LarsG> ncar: So the solution is to say that it conforms to two profiles

<LarsG> ... one for the container and one for the items in the container

<LarsG> roba: The question is if it's a requirement, not to specify the details of it

<LarsG> ... another example is a zipped package with several items

<LarsG> ... that have their own media types

larsg: can do this by asking for mime type application/gzip etc or another (Accept-Encoding?)

<LarsG> ncar: https://‌tools.ietf.org/‌html/‌rfc7231#page-41

roba: we have three levels here : encoding, container elements in data and content items contained
… or ATOM or RSS feeds - profiles would be likely to be scope to listed items

roba: lets say we have a news service - we have a service profile that a feed contains the "most recent 10 and the 10 most popular items" - and each news items conforms to a specific citation profile
… do we have this covered in an issue?
… noting requirement is very general and we need to get down to specifics

<LarsG> ncar: we have probably gone beyond what the original writers

<LarsG> ... of the requirement intended

<LarsG> roba: we should go back to the use case

"Provide a means to specify the container structure of a distribution for access methods that return lists, independently of the specification of the profile the list items conform to."

<LarsG> ... we need to work out how the concern how this requirement is expressed

<LarsG> ... functions for the conneg guidance document

"A client wishes to know for which profiles a server is able to deliver conformant representations of a resource. "

<LarsG> ... in the "abstract model" section we talk about this in a general fashion

<LarsG> ... but we need to raise an issue to clarify what happens when

<LarsG> ... there is a profile for the meaning of the list

<LarsG> ... as opposed to a profile of what is listed

<LarsG> ... the requirement is in the use case

<LarsG> ... shall follow up with antoine

proposal: refer to issue #267 in abstract model

<LarsG> +1


<ncar> +1

Resolved: refer to issue #267 in abstract model

<LarsG> action-262?

<trackbot> action-262 -- Rob Atkinson to Propose a copy edit (retaining original sense) and add an issue for list_profile responsibility -- due 2018-11-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌262

close action-262

<trackbot> Closed action-262.

<LarsG> ncar: #379 doesn't have anything that isn't in #575 so we keep that one open

<LarsG> ... and we can close #379 and action-263

close #379

close action-263

<trackbot> Closed action-263.

<LarsG> action-264?

<trackbot> action-264 -- Lars G. Svensson to Check moratorium dates -- due 2018-11-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌264

close action-264

<trackbot> Closed action-264.


proposed: accept issues #662 and #663


<ncar> +1

<LarsG> +1

Resolved: accept issues #662 and #663

Action: ncar - respond to reviewer with issue references

<trackbot> Created ACTION-277 - - respond to reviewer with issue references [on Nicholas Car - due 2019-01-23].

Summary of action items

  1. ncar - respond to reviewer with issue references

Summary of resolutions

  1. refer to issue #267 in abstract model
  2. accept issues #662 and #663
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.49 (2018/09/19 15:29:32), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.