Silver Community Group Teleconference

15 Jan 2019


KimD, Cyborg, kirkwood, AngelaAccessForAll
Shawn, Charles


<RedRoxProjects> I can't seem to get into the teleconf

<scribe> scribe: JF


<Cyborg> hello all

JS: Jeanne sent out a note last week about a F2F @ CSUN

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/94845/2019-03_FtF/

M. Cooper has set up a registration form

Please register. Also, if yo ucannot see the form please advise Jeanne

<RedRoxProjects> still not able to join the teleconf

<jeanne> Reg form doesn't work for Community Group participants, Jeanne will have it fixed.

If you cannot fill out the form, please email jeanne directly

JF: asking about F2F logistics W.R.T. the AG WG

JS: lots of time, there will be joint-meeting with the AG WG
... one item on the agenda is to come up with a new name (retire Project Silver)
... met with M. Cooper and Shawn L about the F2F meetings

need to finalize the requirements doc, and the all-in-one prototype (that combines the 3 major parts of the project)

<Cyborg> great, thanks, I'm ready to move on it again...

<Cyborg> yes, separate

JS: What do we need to do to combine the prototype? How do we see the pieces fitting together?
... could use some help - lots of tiny moving parts

<Cyborg> can we possibly post all the links of the pieces here, so we know what is on the list for inclusion?

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page#Current_Prototypes

[Searching for resources]

<jeanne> https://mikecrabb.github.io/silver_taggingSystemDemo/index.html

<jeanne> Plain Language Prototype https://w3c.github.io/silver/prototypes/PlainLanguage2/index.html

Question regarding the difference between "guidance" and "guideline" - "guidance is the looser form... we're not 100% sure of language, method, etc.

Methods: we are operating with the assumption that these will be platform specific.

[Looking at Section Headings in Plain Language]

Cyborg: not understanding how this ties together however


<kirkwood> I personally like the simplicity how it is

<kirkwood> UI and UX should go in design in my opinion

<RedRoxProjects> I agree on the simplicity of the demos

Discussion: should the Primary Tabs (see the prototype) have a consistent "tab" interface?

<KimD> My preference: Yes, it should be consistent (which might mean not all of them are active sometimes)

discussion about the "Design" tab: have two constant sections: UI and UX (User Interface, User Experience)

<Cyborg> or even separating them further - UX Design (UI vs UXR)



<kirkwood> can we clean it up, consitancy of tense and COGA clean. Plan, Design, Develop, Test ?

<kirkwood> or planning, designing, developing, testing {clunkier]

<KimD> +1 - keep them consistent, then simple/generic

<kirkwood> my only issue is with the tense ;)

<KimD> Agree

<RedRoxProjects> keep it tense agnostic - like in commit messages - aim for present as default

<KimD> +1

<kirkwood> so Plan, Design, Develop, Test

<KimD> +1

<kirkwood> +1

<RedRoxProjects> +1

<AngelaAccessForAll> +1

JS: wrapping for today - TBC on Friday

<RedRoxProjects> here's to hoping I can get access to the call on Friday ...

<Cyborg> i can work on Design tab methods to see how 4 roles fit...

<Cyborg> for the SC we looked at

<Cyborg> can I have a week or do you need it by Friday?

<RedRoxProjects> Amy Dickens - from Samsung > I have access to the community group but my log in doesn't seem to let me into the calls

<RedRoxProjects> I thought it was my user error at first but seems to be a permissions thing

<RedRoxProjects> thanks happy to be here! - is anyone here a W3C staffer?

Translation to plain language & structure

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/01/15 17:18:29 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/prototy[e/prototype/
Present: KimD Cyborg kirkwood AngelaAccessForAll
Regrets: Shawn Charles
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Found Date: 15 Jan 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]