Dataset Exchange Working Group Teleconference

15 January 2019

Meeting minutes


<kcoyle> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2019/‌01/‌08-dxwg-minutes

kcoyle: lots of good dicussion, not so many resolutions

<DaveBrowning> 0 (not there)

kcoyle: noting that antoine is present, not a regret

<roba> 0

kcoyle: at the previous meeting

Resolved: approved minutes of previous meeting


<kcoyle> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌open

open action items

close action-265

<trackbot> Closed action-265.

kcoyle: action-265 closed due to Jaroslav's submission of the UCR

<kcoyle> ncar: comments from shapes wg and from json-ld group

kcoyle: who in subgroups will do responses

<AndreaPerego> SHACL responses: https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2019Jan/‌0001.html

<roba> ncar has sent a placeholder - we will discuss issues in group next

<Zakim> AndreaPerego, you wanted to ask about where comments were posted

<kcoyle> kcoyle: should we all respond to the issues?

<kcoyle> ncar: they can be edited; the subgroup will look at them

<Zakim> AndreaPerego, you wanted to restate the previous point

ncar: I have forwarded comments from Gregg Kellogg to the public mailing list

AndreaPerego: can we please agree to post all comments received personally to the WG's mailing list

<SimonCox> Here is comments list archive: https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2019Jan/

roba: we should use the comments mailing list, not the WG mailing list

AndreaPerego: yes, comments list

ncar: I'm not on the comments list

<annette_g> I don't think I am

<roba> i'm not either..

<alejandra> I am but with a different email address - not sure why

<annette_g> I wonder if it's set up for a different group that Alejandra is already in?

Action: ncar to check that everyone subscribed to the comments mailing list

<trackbot> Created ACTION-276 - Check that everyone subscribed to the comments mailing list [on Nicholas Car - due 2019-01-22].

<alejandra> I might have subscribed separately

access to the contact spreadsheet needs to be granted to all

replies to feedback

antoine: have we replied to all feedback

kcoyle: it would be good to copy in the comments list any replies to commenters

<AndreaPerego> I think we replied to all. We need to follow-up to the 2nd email from Luca Trani. And today we got another comment on DCAT: https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2019Jan/‌0002.html

<alejandra> yes, I added those to our agenda tomorrow already


kcoyle: do we have a report back from Profile Guidance group?

antoine: most recent work is on the Profile Ontology + DCAT, so no

antoine: there is discussion

kcoyle: next revision of DCAT - Alejandra has presented a list of areas to look at

kcoyle: will it be ready for a new release after these areas have been looked at?

alejandra: this plus responses to comments perhaps

kcoyle: keep the WG informed of DCAT progress for votes

alejandra: question, timelines: how would an extension work?

kcoyle: Peter W-S and I have discussed this at TPAC. It would be possible if we can show good progress and that an extension is minimal (3 - 6 months) but we haven't asked yet

antoine: has the Profiles Guidance meeting time been set at 20 UTC?

kcoyle: sort of

alejandra: it's not the best time for me but I will try and join

kcoyle: we will try to identify topics in the Guidance subgroup to help out-of-meeting participation

<antoine> https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues/‌81#issuecomment-400977338

antoine: email from Nuno F to DCAT group unadressed- can I create an Issue?

SimonCox: yes, create an issue, tag it DCAT

<alejandra> I'm also adding the message to our agenda tomorrow

kcoyle: Jaroslav has passed the UCR on to Dave Raggett. Do you need a vote on this from the WG?

Jaroslav_Pullmann: we've already had a vote on publishing UCR in December

Jaroslav_Pullmann: UCR document has passed PubRules & link checker

kcoyle: agenda complete for today

<roba> great - thanks all


<AndreaPerego> Thanks, bye bye

<Jaroslav_Pullmann> thanks!

<alejandra> thanks, bye!

Summary of action items

  1. ncar to check that everyone subscribed to the comments mailing list

Summary of resolutions

  1. approved minutes of previous meeting
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.49 (2018/09/19 15:29:32), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.


Succeeded: s/kcyle/kcoyle