Coga Task Force Teleconference

10 Jan 2019


stevelee, MichaelC, AbiJ, kirkwood, LisaSeemanKestenbaum, Roy, Glenda, janina


<MichaelC> trackbot, status?

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

<scribe> scribe: glenda

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: Glenda

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> zakim next item

Review the time table for this year, and confirm our goals See https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/PlanningPage

Lisa: Start with our goals for the year and review of our different publications

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#What_documents_do_we_have.3F

Lisa: we have 3 layers of documents. Research (supports our decisions), Gap Analysis (plan of how things could get better), Practical Advice - Main 2 docs are COGA Usable & Design Guide. See https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#What_documents_do_we_have.3F for all the details.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1poEoQjuWdAfWM3aOGPCwJRx7EvBsAtQ_99sGyS9Jlgc/edit

<kirkwood> terms document

Lisa: Need for defining TERMS so our documents will be understandable and consistent.

AbiJ: are these docs being worked on in parallel? Or do we focus on a particular doc at one time.

Lisa: That is part of the planning for 2019.

AbiJ: Are these documents live (still changing) or do we get to the point where they are final? Technology is always changing.

Lisa: Resources are living documents. We can always create a new version (when needed because of changes). “Notes” are more formal.

<stevelee> This is a BIG spreadsheet of all the resources at them moment

<stevelee> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLXDIAsmgiySY6uqW2OAOYH7U_Lwh0oUU24etofpYrc/edit?usp=sharing

Lisa: The Gap Analysis is a “Note” for example.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/PlanningPage

Lisa: Let’s look at this planning page.
... On track for Feb 2019: 1) Restructuring Gap Analysis (and publish) 2) Draft of each design guide item. (easy to read, practical advice)

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/design/

Lisa: q+
... need a way for people to let us know about additional issues that need to be added

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> agaction: Lisa address the need a way for people to let us know about additional issues that need to be added

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: Lisa address the need a way for people to let us know about additional issues that need to be added

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

Glenda: I like this plan. Good focus. I think we will have solid results to show in Feb.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: Lisa add to planning issues what is note track and what is a resource

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

Steve: Can we add decisions on the WAI web site needs

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> how do we add wai pages to the timelines:

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> option high, sub team task, low

Lisa: in IRC, put “How do we add the WAI web pages to our timeline”? 1) High 2) Medium 3) Low

<Jennie> Sub team task - medium

1) High - replaces one of our current priorities 2) Medium (Sub-team) 3) Low (back burner)

Glenda: Medium

<EA> +1 to Steve report back as we need to sort the gap analysis

AbiJ: What about WCAG 2.2? This may also take up time.

<AbiJ> Medium

<AbiJ> +1 sub-group

<kirkwood> I agreed

<kirkwood> I agree

<stevelee> +1 sub-team

Logistics for the face to face https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Meetings/Jan_2019

<stevelee> but should discuss as F2F

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/67703/F2F2019/

8 people registered so far https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/67703/F2F2019/results

<EA> Please could you list them for me Lisa so I can tell catering if they have not registered.

EA, can you go to this link? All 8 are listed there: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/67703/F2F2019/results

The count is actually 9 :)

Lisa: may be 4 more people coming.

Jamie Knight + Ollie(sp?)

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> my thought died

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> getting some water

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> im back

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Meetings/Jan_2019#Tuesday_29_January_2019

possibly Neil Millikan and Mark Willcock and John Kirkwood (still working on the possibility of coming)

wcag 2.x

Glenda: The Mobile and Low Vision Task Force have come up with a list of SCs that would be proposed for WCAG 2.2.

<Jennie> I am Call In User 2

Glenda: Do we want to let AG know that the low hanging fruit for a WCAG 2.2 would be “Accessible Authentication SC”

Lisa: Let’s have a meeting with Alastair and Glenda and Lisa meet to talk about it.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> medium activity of sub group .

Is everyone okay with a sub-group for WCAG 2.2 (a medium activity)?

<kirkwood> +1

Glenda +1

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> +1

<AbiJ> +1

<Jennie> +1

<EA> +1

Lisa: if you want more activity, say so now

<stevelee> +1

Review the latest draft of road map and gap analysis?

Lisa: Does anyone feel this changes the amount of activity assigned to Steve?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/coga/lisa-working-on-janinas-resucture/gap-analysis/index.html

Lisa: taken issue papers and put into appendix

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/coga/lisa-working-on-janinas-resucture/gap-analysis/index.html#table-1-authentication-and-safety

<kirkwood> I need to drop

<AbiJ> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1StcdCLBUebaSWF7f4DfJtqliQisKyC_5OoNAxqxOc0I/edit#

Lisa: please review what AbiJ has suggested in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1StcdCLBUebaSWF7f4DfJtqliQisKyC_5OoNAxqxOc0I/edit#

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/coga/lisa-working-on-janinas-resucture/gap-analysis/index.html#table-1-authentication-and-safety

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Lisa add to planning issues what is note track and what is a resource
[NEW] ACTION: Lisa address the need a way for people to let us know about additional issues that need to be added

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/01/10 16:09:23 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: stevelee MichaelC AbiJ kirkwood LisaSeemanKestenbaum Roy Glenda janina
Found Scribe: glenda
Found Scribe: Glenda
Inferring ScribeNick: Glenda

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: add lisa

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]