Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

09 Jan 2019


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, JonnyJames, MichaelC, IanPouncey
Becky, Chris
jonnyjames, jonnyjames_


<janina> scribe: jonnyjames

Agenda Review & Announcements

CAPTCHA Rewrite https://raw.githack.com/w3c/apa/js-captcha/captcha/index.html

<janina> rqtf discussion today minuted at:

<janina> https://www.w3.org/2019/01/09-rqtf-minutes.html

<JonnyJames_> [12:11] To join a channel type: /JOIN #Janina calls for any announcements. Welcome back! Happy New Year! [12:11] Insufficient arguments for command. [12:11] To join a channel type: /JOIN #Completion of the CAPTHCA doc. Research task force this morning was successful. Minutes available. Janina makes a note/link here. [12:12] To join a channel type: /JOIN #wide review draft. if finalized, it will be completed by March 2019. [12:13] To join a channel typ[CUT]

<janina> scribe: jonnyjames_

W3C Games Workshop https://www.w3.org/2018/12/games-workshop/

Janina asks the group about Marketshare of CAPTCHA. No guesses. It's 98%

Janina discusses gaming and accessibility. Requests we join or reach out to colleagues that are knowledgeable around gaming accessibility

Ian Pouncey suggests Ian Hamilton. Janina asks that Ian P shares Ian Hamilton's contact information.


Janina, asks Ian if the group should make a CSS topics

Janina, asks Ian if the group should make a CSS topic

Ian agrees

Ian has noted some issues that can be closed.

First CSS Fonts Module: Level 4. This is a question for Michael C. Amy thinks this may be ready to close. The issue Amy raised was around emojis and Ian is asking Michael C if this is something that can be handled by CSS.

Ian CSS Logical Properties and Values has been reviewed and Ian will go ahead and close that

Michael asks Ian - CSS Fonts Module: Level 4. Is this a CSS TF issue? Ian asks Micahel is he has an approach he would like to take related to this issue.

Michael thinks this is an issue, but if others think it's fine, then Michael will go with that

Ian some discussion on accessible animation, how CSS applies to animation. the question came up, "is there a way to stop all animation, or step through frames in an animation, if it's a series of steps"

Ian saw a student at a European University at a conference discuss animation in a usable way. In a brief chat with her, she told Ian she would like to be of help if we need her. She is not an a11y specialist, but is keen to help.

Ian would take care of introductions, if Michael or Janina, are okay with someone that is not from an a11y background

Janina - finding a way for CSS to kill animations, as long as it can be specified and applied globally, then those are things to considre

Janina - finding a way for CSS to kill animations, as long as it can be specified and applied globally, then those are things to consider

Ian will discuss with Allan on the CSS side.

Michael, if there is a reason for a person to join the APA TF, then that is fine, if they can contribute and we would support that. Michael suggests that the person Ian has in mind to join the CSS group

Janina says the implementation is not an accessibility issues, but a CSS issue, so she may be of better help on the CSS WG. Ian agrees.

Ian will talk to the student and will ask Allan if he approves.

Janina says "sounds like a good recruit, Ian!"

Ian has nothing else to add for now

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Janina asks Michael if he has anything to add. Michael says no.

Janina, moving on to New Publications

Michael, people tried to get their things published before the holidays

Payment Request API, Michael says that what they added we can live with

Payment Handler API is covered by the Payment Request API, so it's okay.

Michael asks "Are we done with payments?"

Janina "we are done with payments"

Michael will remove from the active list

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Michael, that was the only thing that came up on TR.

Janina, moving on to Action Item Review

<MichaelC> action-2183?

<trackbot> action-2183 -- Janina Sajka to Draft a message to the trace context spec authors - and run by joanie. https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/ -- due 2018-11-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2183

Janina was going to draft something re: Distributed Trace and get Joanie's input. It's almost ready for CFC

<joanie> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Jan/0003.html

Janina wants to double check that it doesn't violate people's privacy.

Joanie just posted a link

<MichaelC> close action-2183

<trackbot> Closed action-2183.

Janina, says it's a quick read, so if people want to take a look sooner than later before it goes to CFC

Joanie doesn't feel strongly about this, as a screen reader, or in IRC,

Joanie reads the specs.

Joanie reads the proposed draft in response to the spec for the group.

Joanie finishes reading the draft

Janina asks if anyone has responses to Joanie's reading of the proposed draft in response to the spec

Janina asks if there are any comments. No comments in the group. Janina says he can move this to CFC

Michael UI Events, michael searches the APA wiki for UI Events.

Michael fixes the due date, from "November 2019"

<MichaelC> action-2186 due 9 November 2019

<trackbot> Set action-2186 Ping review of ui events due date to 2019-11-09.

Action 2186 - due November 2019

<trackbot> Error finding '2186'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.

Michael notes that John and Jason are not here

Léonie 2149 WOT - accept?

Janina says "yes. it was an abundance of caution as anything"

<MichaelC> close action-2149

<trackbot> Closed action-2149.

<scribe> Closed Action 2149 by Michael

Aside from Janina, there's a few Actions on Michael, and one on John

We've purged out Actions list

Janina, "do we want to move to github issues?"

Michael has a formal action on that, that he is working on

Janina says this comes up as Léonie raised the issue of "horizontal review"

Janina, our weakest link is "follow through" once we put out comments

Janina, their tracking system which gave them access to fixing an issue, would be of benefit to us

Janina, calls end of Actions Review

Other Business

Janina calls for "Other Business"

Janina - Anyone with "Other Business"

Janina, we can seed you back another 10 minutes to your day

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/01/09 17:48:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/spec/proposed draft in response to the spec/
Succeeded: s/doc/draft/
Succeeded: s/spec/proposed draft in response to the spec/
Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, JonnyJames, MichaelC, IanPouncey
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs JonnyJames MichaelC IanPouncey
Regrets: Becky Chris
Found Scribe: jonnyjames
Found Scribe: jonnyjames_
Inferring ScribeNick: JonnyJames_
Scribes: jonnyjames, jonnyjames_
Found Date: 09 Jan 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]