19 Dec 2018



Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Michael_Lagally, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Michael_Koster, Kunihiko_Toumura, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Taki_Kamiya


<McCool> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#19_Dec_2018

<kaz> scribenick: kawaguch

Quick updates

McCool: OpenFog has merged with IIC


<kaz> current report

McCool: Updated some results
... summray is in good shape
... missing part is mostly for events and security
... and some for data model
... Will wait for update until Friday

Koster: Will give updates

Daniel: Will take look at Node-WoT
... but not see much progress before Xmas

McCool: Biggest gap is security so expect update from Node-WoT

Daniel: ... Let's discuss after new year
... Intel updated TDs aligning to newest spec and added metadatas

<Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask Daniel if he knows the implementation results from Siemens

Kaz: Is there Siemens result?

Ege: The word 'implemented' was unclear internally

McCool: Implementation criteria was not linked from readme

IG draft charter

McCool: merged Lagally's PR but we got a last-minute comment and still need some more time to finalize the draft Charter
... Kaz talked with Philippe and would like to extend the current Charter period by 3 months
... W3M will discuss that today

Kaz: if we can get 3-month extension, we need to wrap up the draft charter by the end of January

McCool: It's still on the table but not a burning issue this moment

WoT Workshop

Sebastian: Still waiting W3C for authorize
... The date is end of May

<McCool> May 27-29 (I think)

<kaz> Sebastian's issue on workshop

Sebastian: Two days for Web of Things workshop and one open day
... time for sending demonstrator for Web of Things
... also inviting other expert such as OPC-UA, press media
... we can show how successful Web of Things be
... with demonstration and social event
... With papers submitted and reviewed by program committee
... Outcome of workshop will be discussion for new charter for next WG
... We are trying to set up web page for this workshop
... It will be at Munich from 27th to 29th May

Lagally: Call for paper until end of March
... One more goal is to attract more people joining to IG

McCool: we are working for CfP document through the workshop mailing list
... Siemens is willing to support us for location covering 150 people
... This is not an academy-focused workshop and expects input from industry

F2F logistic

McCool: the date is confirmed

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_28_January-2_February_2019,_Princeton,_NJ,_USA

McCool: 28th Jan to 2nd Feb

Sebastian: Location is secured
... Siemens office
... Two days for TestFest instead of Plugfest

McCool: Feel free to add ideas for plenary

Lagally: We need ESTA for travel to US

<kaz> https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Sebastian: Also Ege needs an invitation letter

Kaz: I've been working with the W3C/MIT Team for that purpose, and am asking them to provide an invitation letter

WoT Architecture Draft

McCool: How can we reboot and what resource is needed.

Kaz: Matsukura-san would like to make some smaller draft for update

McCool: We need to deal with this before January meeting
... I will ask editors to present plan to complete by January meeting

Lagally: I would like to participant, so any regular call?

McCool: Good point. Let's make a doodle pole, Kaz

Kaz: Will do

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle poll for the expected wot architecture calls

<trackbot> Created ACTION-150 - Generate a doodle poll for the expected wot architecture calls [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2018-12-26].

Lagally: Would like to know how PRs are handled

Kaz: I think Matsukura-san will present a draft at at the Januray 9th call

Matsukura: yeah

<mlagally__> Lagally: can we please make sure my PR gets merged into the Architecture draft before restructuring to make sure the work is not lost

New Documents

McCool: We will create two W3C notes
... related to security
... Testing Plan and Best Practices
... Two github repo is to be prepared
... wot-security-best-practices and wot-security-testing-plan

Lagally: too many documents

McCool: Will be short documents
... Bunch of small documents would be easier
... If we put it in a big document need to update more frequently

Kaz: I agree McCool from W3C point of view

RESOLUTION: Will make two group notes and create two GitHub repos

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to create the expected 2 GH repos for 2 security documents (wot-security-best-practices, wot-security-testing-plan)

<trackbot> Created ACTION-151 - Create the expected 2 gh repos for 2 security documents (wot-security-best-practices, wot-security-testing-plan) [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2018-12-26].


McCool: End of Jan we have F2F meeting and wrapping up by the end of February

Sebastian: By the end of this week plan to have in a good shape for TD documents
... Semantic transformation is not in TD but other in document
... Providing examples for features by the end of this week
... Features is covered except for 'read all properties'
... Internally plan to update Node-WoT from beginning of january

McCool: We should not have major changes after the middle of January
... because we have a TestFest at the end of January

Daniel: One more issue is URI parameters

Sebastian: It's already in TD from Lyon

Daniel: Some discussion during the Scripting calls. Will check for the issue

McCool: Make a decision at face to face for features marked at risk
... Consensus is not to push scripting api as rec track

Koster: Scripting API exists and implemented in Node-WoT

McCool: Will focus on TD first and Scripting API can be followed
... Security and Privacy also can be followed after TD

First Meeting in 2019

McCool: First meeting will be on January 7th

Taki: I can host TD meeting on January 4th
... Will ask members for participation by e-mail

TestFest results (revisited)

<Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask Sebastian to work with Daniel, etc., to provide implementation reports

Kaz: Sebastian, please provide TestFest result CSV files

McCool: We still have some missing assertions such as how security schemes are handled
... bunch of gaps from TD spec
... Issue is document stracture
... Will think about for fix
... Schemes reuses labels
... They will show up in table but does not show up in assertions
... Will make PRs over the break

Kaz: Any update for tooling?

McCool: There is AJV validator
... There is some issues and talking with programmer
... For automatic validation there is no update
... For now manual validation would be Ok
... Will close the meeting

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to create the expected 2 GH repos for 2 security documents (wot-security-best-practices, wot-security-testing-plan)
[NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle poll for the expected wot architecture calls

Summary of Resolutions

  1. Will make two group notes and create two GitHub repos
[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/12/25 10:00:37 $