Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

19 Dec 2018


janina, irfan, MichaelC, Léonie, (tink), Becka11y, Chris, JonnyJames
Gottfried, John
Léonie (tink)


<scribe> scribe: Léonie (tink)

Agenda Review & Announcements

JS: It's a basic agenda.
... Hearing no agenda requests.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: Cognitive Accessibility Roadmap.

<MichaelC> Cognitive Accessibility Roadmap and Gap Analysis

MC: Assume we don't need to review.

JS: Correct.

MC: Content Negotiation By Profile

<MichaelC> Content Negotiation by Profile

LW: My limited understanding is that this relates to data profiles, not user profiles.

MC: Think we may not need to review.

JS: Agree.

BG: +1

MC: Making Content Usable for People with Cognative and Learning Disabilities.
... One of ours, no need to review.

<MichaelC> The Profiles Ontology

MC: RDF Profiles Ontology.
... No need to review.

JS: Agree.

MC: Web RTC Next Version Use cases.
... Forgot to clear this from last week.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


<trackbot> action-2185 -- Janina Sajka to Return to drafting comments on poe use cases and requirements -- due 2018-12-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2185

JS: Need to do this.
... Comments welcome from anyone who uses RTC, via WebEx for example.


<trackbot> action-2183 -- Janina Sajka to Draft a message to the trace context spec authors - and run by joanie. https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/ -- due 2018-11-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2183

MC: Waiting on Joanie.


<trackbot> action-2160 -- Léonie Watson to Review web of things (wot) security and privacy considerations -- due 2018-09-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2160

LW: I completed this one.


<trackbot> action-2149 -- Léonie Watson to Review web of things (wot) thing description -- due 2018-09-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2149

<MichaelC> close action-2160

<trackbot> Closed action-2160.

LW: Still TBC.

Other Business

JS: A request relating to updating the CAPTCHA document.
... We keep finding new information about how RE-CAPTCHA3 works
... Instead of asking you to type characters, it asks you to type words.
... You don't have to get all of the words, or even spell them all correctly.

LW: I've come across something like this in the wild.
... Don't know what form of CAPTCHA or RE-CAPTCHA it was, but it asked for words and didn't seem to need all of them or correct spelling.

BG: I've come across something like it too.

JS: RE-CAPTCHA3 came out in October.

BG: Not sure if my experiences are in that timeframe then.

LW: Me either.
... I have an AB (Advisory Board) task to review horizontal review.

JS: Hopefully you'll have more luck than we have in driving this forward.

LW: Will be in touch in January to meet with all the horizontal review groups, WG Chairs, spec Editors etc.

JS: Thank you to everyone who participated throughout the year.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/12/19 17:39:51 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Witing/Waiting/
Present: janina irfan MichaelC Léonie (tink) Becka11y Chris JonnyJames
Regrets: Gottfried John
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: tink
Found Scribe: Léonie (tink)
Found Date: 19 Dec 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]