Silver Community Group Teleconference

19 Oct 2018


jeanne, AngelaAccessForAll, Charles, jkirkwood
jeanne, Shawn


Editor's draft


<Charles> how does one contribute to this editor’s draft?

Comment page in Google docs https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b6QLtztQmALA_6TdvmH2LT5dHPNdUSJCZYHyxwgtp1Q/edit?usp=sharing

<Charles> all of the links under “Participate” lead to 404

jeanne: That's a ReSpec issue I have to research

Updates to IA

Plain language and Style Guide updates


I did a comments on the plain language Section Headings prototype. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m0wpCJwDhNegp0gemGPp1QPXyIjG49kNlkJF_c8ACxE/edit#heading=h.s3569f2a3ujm

Jeanne: I will make the changes after the call.

Charles: Was there a decision about following the Style Guide at TPAC?

<Charles> for testing the task of following the style guide, you can refer to this:

<Charles> https://centerforplainlanguage.org/awards/clearmark/criteria/

Shawn: We still need to design the specifics of the practice.

Angela: The Style Guide is at a point where it could be used.
... the main points are useable.

Charles: What are the criteria for testing it? How do we evaluate whether they did it well?

Shawn: We need a template, and that is pretty straightforward to do.
... I don't expect to evaluate the tests in one day.
... I want to also follow how well it was to follow it.

Charles: Is that going to be an interview, like "how did you feel about your ability to complete the task?"
... we are trying to learn 3 things: Is the Style Guide understandable to follow? Did the outcome match the instruction? Did the particular success criteria that you chose to re-write present a challenge to this process?
... we should evaluate #2 aftewards, but we can ask the AGWG participants to answer the question, too.

AGWG presentation


<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Major_Milestones_for_Silver

[reviewing the slides and making comments]

Milestones for Slide 4

Shawn: We will make the milestones available in all formats
... we will link to the wiki, but show relevant columns on the slide so it is legible
... Slide 8 Hessite Diagram

Jeanne: Concerned because I took it from the IA document, it doesn't have alt text

Shawn: I think we need to replace it.

Markus: Is the Method the tests?

Shawn: The Method is a combination of how you do it and the tests

Markus: I like the diagram, because it shows how the structure accomplishes what you are going to do.

<Charles> it also helps to compare to a diagram of current wcag, which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oO2Wbrj7RRf5vigzVxe6tG5luI0f9oypcaJANBXTtlE/edit?usp=sharing

<Charles> a sort of before and after

Markus: the tagging will help me see how the tags will work

Shawn: Adding a slide with the diagram of the current structure of WCAG

Slide 10: How WCAG content moves to Silver - very useful slide

Slide 21: Test Drives. One group creates new content, one group writes existing SC into Plain Language, and one group does a card-sorting exercise.

Markus: It would be useful if people did the same existing SC so we can do an A/B comparison

Charles: I wasn't able to find a tool to do a card sort that was accessible and free, so we would need to do it in the room.
... Don't forget to post the codes for remote access.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/10/19 19:02:38 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: jeanne AngelaAccessForAll Charles jkirkwood
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Inferring Scribes: jeanne
Found Date: 19 Oct 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]