DXWG plenary

09 October 2018

Meeting minutes


time zone changes

<ncar> no time zone change in Brisbane, still 6am here

<SimonCox> I'm happy to keep it at 16:00 EST - when its all over it will be 8am Melbourne/Canberra/Wollongong, 7am Brisbane

Action: kcoyle to check time zone impacts

<trackbot> Created ACTION-229 - Check time zone impacts [on Karen Coyle - due 2018-10-16].

<annette_g> U.S. changes back on Nov. 4

<kcoyle> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌10/‌02-dxwg-minutes

<SimonCox> Tell W3C that using any local timezone is a mistake - better to go neutral with UTC!

<annette_g> +1 to UTC

Resolved: approve Oct 2 minutes

PROPOSE: Accept minutes https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌10/‌02-dxwg-minutes

<ncar> +0 not present

<azaroth> +1

"accept publication of 2nd PWD with the change of issue 411 plus editorial change on link to DATS, consider after publication comments made by annette_g as per action 227, send message to the list and wait until Friday this week."

annette_g: thought resolution was to make changes before 2PWD

kcoyle: changing minutes is hard, change it now

<SimonCox> Can't change existing minutes? In which case the whole business of reviewing and approving minutes is rather pointless!

alejandra: we agreed that once in issues we'd make sure we point to them and resolve _after_ publication

annette_g: thats true - wierd that resolution doesnt reflect it.

alejandra: added link to open issues, resolved #411, some of annette's comment resolved, issued closed. as a draft issues are still open
… link at bottom to all open issues

* try restarting "audio service" if in windows

Resolved: Accept minutes https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌10/‌02-dxwg-minutes

<kcoyle> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌228

open issues

kcoyle: #228 closed
… #205 open
… #219 open
… #227 done

ncar: #224 - risk assessment - we have discussed and have timeline from Lars, notes taken, risks appear manageable will double check tomorrow.

alejandra: process manually takes fro git into W3C TR/ space - seems to have editors draft picked up

<AndreaPerego> close action-228

<trackbot> Closed action-228.

alejandra: for publication goes through a set of tools
… we still have some errors from those tools
… normative/non-normative - but two branches not easy to merge - in git point to specific state, 2PWD will point to 'state at publication'
… all sections must have ids

<alejandra> Pubrules: https://‌www.w3.org/‌pubrules/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2F2018%2FWD-vocab-dcat-2-20181011%2F&profile=WD&validation=simple-validation&noRecTrack=false&informativeOnly=false&echidnaReady=false&patentPolicy=pp2004

<alejandra> Pubrules tool: https://‌www.w3.org/‌pubrules/

* profile=WD :-)

...if we get it for next week should be fine

kcoyle: credit to alejandra - lots of work

<annette_g> vote of thanks to Alejandra!

<annette_g> +1

Action: ncar put conneg doc through wd check

<trackbot> Created ACTION-230 - Put conneg doc through wd check [on Nicholas Car - due 2018-10-16].

kcoyle: if possible worth checking regularly

<kcoyle> https://‌docs.google.com/‌spreadsheets/‌d/‌1_f5CAZv7rgUjJH5YXkmD6w5xS6GX5X2AmEp_LMptAfQ/‌edit#gid=0

Community engagement

kcoyle: other ideas other than posting to list?

<kcoyle> roba: kicking off a citizen scientist group who will be able to test this out

kcoyle: translate into other languages

alejandra: i can do spanish but wonder how much more feedback this will elicit?

kcoyle: at least announcement in other languages may help

<AndreaPerego> Where should these translation be published?

kcoyle: wiki page?

<SimonCox> Is this translation of the whole spec, or just the intro mail?

<alejandra> finding the email from last time would be useful

kcoyle: abstract or introduction

<alejandra> as it would probably be pretty similar

<alejandra> I think it was a google doc?

Profile guidance

antoine: we've done a lot of updates - nick has progressed the large set of action
… now shows a fair account of where we stand
… contributions to the introduction from kcoyle, pwin, previously from phila
… merged now available, can continue to refine
… requirements listed - now the most authoritative set

kcoyle: we will set aside time at F2F to discuss - what is most useful focus?

antoine: have been making fast progress - hard to say in advance what is going to be most important at that time - but will find something useful.

kcoyle: spoke to LarsG - FPWD may be further off that TPAC deadline.

ncar: document has progressed - will be ready for Lars to review, and group will discuss tomorrow and bring back to group.

kcoyle: discussion with Lars - great to have by TPAC, but if missed its only a week impact.
… we have option to use F2F to bring group to speed. We shouldnt let deadlines "trip us up" - work towards quality.

Profiles ontology

kcoyle: we have asked Peter and Andrea to review

<annette_g> I was asked to review and did so a while ago.

ncar: we have a few trivial clean ups - but no substantial changes proposed for a long time

kcoyle: do members feel they have had opportunity to review?

<annette_g> oops, that was the guidance doc that I reviewed.

roba: should not influence timelines if we have a Note as a fall-back if Rec level not achievable

antoine: worried about FPWD without updating the UCR

roba: not sure how to process new requirements which say the same thing multiple different ways, and what UCR looks like.

Jaroslav_Pullmann: can start to work
… 2 weeks to F2F meeting - can have version

roba: does that address antoines concern?

antoine: yes

<kcoyle> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌wiki/‌F2f4

<AndreaPerego> Thanks, bye bye!

<alejandra> thanks all

<annette_g> bye all!

Summary of action items

  1. kcoyle to check time zone impacts
  2. ncar put conneg doc through wd check

Summary of resolutions

  1. approve Oct 2 minutes
  2. Accept minutes https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌10/‌02-dxwg-minutes
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.49 (2018/09/19 15:29:32), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.


Succeeded: s/Accespt/Accept/