Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

19 Sep 2018


janina, JF, Irfan, Becka11y, MichaelC
Leonie, Chris, Jonny


<scribe> scribe: JF

Agenda Review & Announcements

JS: Standard agenda, with draft work statement for the new TF

which Irfan will be heading up

JS: any other items? any news?

TPAC 2018 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018

JS: Nothing more to add since last week.
... need to get a calendar posted ASAP - concern about conflicts

Draft Pronunciation Work Statement https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/pronunciation/work-statement

JS: Draft Work Statement - looking at it now


JF: asking about SSML (XML-based) and serialization

JS: we have an indication that one browser would support SSML

Irfan: there are other specs that may or may not be relevant here

but nothing that can be made "uniform"

Irfan: Some of the issues with CSS3-speech and spotty support

what is being investigated/proposed is for the browsers

JS: believe the work statement should indicated that the TF will review across W3C technologies (and file bugs when appropriate), but the goal is not to invent something new, but rather focus on one that could work 'universally'
... Are we ready to move this to a CfC? We don't want to be changing language after we go CfC

BG: yes, a pre-statement about an impending CfC would be the right way forward

JS: will send something out this week, and then run CfC next week

<nigel> [sorry for dropping a comment in via IRC only - I'm in the CSS WG meeting now] - would really like to see SSML or Web Speech taken up again.

JF: wider distribution of the pre-CfC

JS: this is APA for now, and will leave recruiting to post-CfC activity. Anticipate interest from many corners.
... will share the note today, and CfC next week

so review over the weekend

JS: anything else?

CSS Update

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


MC: we are already late

JF: been swamped but still on radar

Action 2176, 2177

<trackbot> Error finding '2176,'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.

[reviewing action items]

<MichaelC> close action-2174

<trackbot> Closed action-2174.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: nothing new

JS: Anticipating a storm of new publications next month

Other Business

JS: no new business?
... adjorn early

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.153 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/09/19 16:27:31 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.153  of Date: 2018/09/19 14:40:21  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/ad/add/
Default Present: janina, JF, Irfan, Becka11y, MichaelC
Present: janina JF Irfan Becka11y MichaelC
Regrets: Leonie Chris Jonny
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Found Date: 19 Sep 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]