DXWG DCAT subgroup teleconference 13 September 2018

13 September 2018

Meeting Minutes

<alejandra> rrsagent: make logs public

agenda of the call

alejandra: details of the release timeline

Approve minutes from last meeting – https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌08/‌06-dxwgdcat-minutes

approve minutes

<SimonCox> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌09/‌06-dxwgdcat-minutes

<alejandra> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌09/‌06-dxwgdcat-minutes


<alejandra> +1

<SimonCox> 0 - not present

<DaveBrowning> +1

<Makx> 0

Resolved: minutes approved

<Makx> prensent+

Outstanding actions

alejandra: going through the individual actions

<alejandra> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌open

<alejandra> Jaroslav_Pullmann: action 143 - looked at European Data Catalog

<alejandra> Jaroslav_Pullmann: collecting patterns

<alejandra> ... to see how distribution is misused sometimes

<alejandra> ... including very different types of content

<alejandra> ... will provide an overview of such relationships that are in current catalogs

public comments

alejandra: did not receive it

alejandra: talking about Guillaume Duffes email - https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2018Sep/‌0000.html

SimonCox: about versioning issue

SimonCox: I was aproached by contacts from a versioning WG

alejandra: talking about action https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌187

DaveBrowning: how do we engage these people?

SimonCox: both side waiting for activities on other side..

SimonCox: the UCs are fine as they are at moment

<Zakim> AndreaPerego, you wanted to comment on the RDA Data Discovery Paradigm group & schema.org

SimonCox: but a separate task group may want to derive more details

<AndreaPerego> About the RDA DDPIG post on schema.org task force: https://‌www.rd-alliance.org/‌group/‌data-discovery-paradigms-ig/‌post/‌rda-ddpig-task-force-using-schemaorg-research-dataset

AndreaPerego: there is a Data Discovery Paradigm (DDI?) group

AndreaPerego: engaged to report about DXWG work

AndreaPerego: ther might be an misunderstanding about indexing metadata

AndreaPerego: Google e.g. considers (a subset of) schema.org

AndreaPerego: elaborated models will not be considered by search engines, there is a movement towards schema.org

alejandra: regarding versioning, will there be a separate task force?

DaveBrowning: I'd avoid an additional meeting

DaveBrowning: no plans so far, we should colect resources available and provide as input to interested audience

DaveBrowning: I will provide a strawman proposal

alejandra: when we'll release the 2nd WD, we are not clear about which parts of DCAT are indexed by Google

<alejandra> From the public comment "Note 5 / Issue #98: The subtyping relationship between dctype:Dataset and dcat:Dataset has been removed. Although the subtype was indeed too restrictive, should another relationship not be added to characterise the relationship between both and leave the user helpless?"

alejandra: comming back to public comments

alejandra: what is in the DCAT v.2014 w.r.t to this comment?

<alejandra> alejandra: would it be a profile of dcat2014 w.r.t to the revised DCAT?

SimonCox: talk to Nick about developments on DCAT profiling mechanism

<alejandra> a?

alejandra: the commenters is requesting how to deal with the removal of this relationship?

SimonCox: the issue is not really obvious

<alejandra> This is the issue: https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues/‌98

SimonCox: the subtyping was felt too restrictive

SimonCox: how do now relate the dcat:Dataset and dct:Dataset?

<alejandra> SimonCox: suggesting to point to https://‌w3c.github.io/‌dxwg/‌dcat/#classifying-dataset-types

SimonCox: dct:Dataset would apparently go into dct:type

SimonCox: comparing the definitions of both concepts, DCT seems to align with 2014 DCAT definition

<SimonCox> dctype vocabulary is mentioned in https://‌w3c.github.io/‌dxwg/‌dcat/#classifying-dataset-types

<alejandra> Jaroslav_Pullmann: SimonCox

<alejandra> Jaroslav_Pullmann: SimonCox pointed out to dct:type

<alejandra> ... predicate to point to more specific types of dataset

<SimonCox> otherwise the question is how to compare the definition of dataset from here http://‌dublincore.org/‌documents/‌dcmi-terms/#section-7 i.e. "Data encoded in a defined structure." with the definition from https://‌w3c.github.io/‌dxwg/‌dcat/#Class:Dataset i.e. "A collection of data, published or curated by a single agent, and available for access or download in one or more formats."

SimonCox: we indicate removal of the predicate but do not give the explanation

<SimonCox> Maybe we should expand this note "NOTE In DCAT 2014 [VOCAB-DCAT-20140116] dcat:Dataset was a sub-class of dctype:Dataset, which is a member of the DCMI Types vocabulary [DCTERMS]. This relationship has been removed in the revised DCAT vocabulary - see Issue #98." to explain why the change was made

Action: SimonCox: clarify this in document

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

<DaveBrowning> and explain that his email got lost....

alejandra: we create an issue and address the issue by a pull request/update of the document

<alejandra> Second point: 11 DCAT Profiles, Issue 72, "for spcific applications" --> "for specific applications"

<alejandra> Already fixed

<alejandra> Third comment about https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues/‌88

alejandra: responded to comment within the issues which is still under discussion

alejandra: mapping to DDI

<alejandra> Last comment about DDI and Disco relationship

<alejandra> should we include it in https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues/‌164 ?

Action: alejandra to add comment on issue 164

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

Action: alejandra to reply to the comment list

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

Second Working Draft - issues, progress, owners

2nd public WD

alejandra: decision when to finish - mid September?

<DaveBrowning> https://‌rawgit.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌dcat-demo-daveb/‌dcat/‌index.html

DaveBrowning: had some coversaions with Dave Raggett

DaveBrowning: there is new PWD header

linking to the previous version and linking to the recommendation

DaveBrowning: we need to make a proposal how to publish the RDF

at moment the document links to the live ontology on github

DaveBrowning: we should link to a stable version

DaveBrowning: Dave done some (link) checks already

alejandra: need to close editorial issues (e.g. link to old version of RDF)

alejandra: what is going to be the final URL?

DaveBrowning: W3C will link to a latest dated snapshot

<alejandra> https://‌www.w3.org/‌TR/‌vocab-dcat-2/ will always point to the latest

<Zakim> SimonCox, you wanted to ask if we could create a 'tag' in GitHub, and point to the RDF at the tag

SimonCox: what is the problem exactly?

<alejandra> This issue: https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues/‌320

<alejandra> Milestone: https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌milestone/‌13

alejandra: we should resolve the "editorial" issues in the recent milestone

alejandra: should we move the publication to end of September?

DaveBrowning: agree, need to clarify with Dave R. how to publish the RDF

alejandra: some of the issues would need to be removed - since still to be discussed

alejandra: should focus on document improvements

SimonCox: should we finalize by end of next week?

alejandra: yes, in order to meet the deadline by end Sept. It's not going to be complete

<SimonCox> +1

alejandra: progress on issues until next week, make decision then

DaveBrowning: the issues have various complexity

DaveBrowning: we should early tidy up

alejandra: should we as group decide upon issue inclusion?

SimonCox: if there is no pull request - there is no solution, need to separate them out by next week

alejandra: we'll keep the discussion until next week

DaveBrowning: should I proceed in terms of an RDF snapshot?

alejandra: definitely, we need a stable version (tag on github)

<SimonCox> +1 DaveBrowning `

<AndreaPerego> Thanks, bye bye

rrsagent: draft minutes v2

Summary of Action Items

  1. SimonCox: clarify this in document
  2. alejandra to add comment on issue 164
  3. alejandra to reply to the comment list

Summary of Resolutions

  1. minutes approved
Minutes formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.41 (2018/03/23 13:13:49), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.


Succeeded: s/Disvovery/Discovery/

Succeeded: s/talsk/talk/

Succeeded: s/doucment/document/