05 Sep 2018


Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Michael_Lagally, Takeshi_Sano, Dave_Raggett, Toru_Kawaguchi, Matthias_Kovatsch, Kunihiko_Toumura, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Daniel_Peintner
mlagally, mlagally_, kaz


agenda https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_05.09.2018

<kaz> scribenick: mlagally

<inserted> scribenick: mlagally_

McCool: quick update:
... got OpenVPN working

<McCool> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-16-04

McCool: runs on digital ocean and aws
... still looking for an easy way to install a router
... to use it you need to use my config file, install and run OpenVPN with it.
... I need to create a unique version of this file for each interested party

Kaz: VPN key code for W3C service had been changed - there may be a W3C VPN server available.
... do we want to use it?

McCool: better to use our own. If there would be a separate VPN service for us, it would be a different situation.

Kaz: I'll check.

McCool: Ideally somebody else should set up a second VPN server, to have a fallback
... wrt agenda: We did not discuss Testing for a while - deferring until getting the plugfest organised

Preparation documents

<kaz> (starting with Fujitsu)

Matsukura-san presents preparation document

Matsukura-san: we provide 2 devices: rotating light and sensor
... sensor measures different things, such as light, ...

<kaz> Fujitsu's preparation.md

Matsukura-san: we support CoAP and HTTP as previously
... observe via long-poll

McCool: we need a PR to include sub-protocols - I will create an issue
... can you clarify the thing directories? Which one do you sync with?

Matsukura-san: our directory server connects to another server - if registered with another Thing Directory, our device can also be used

McCool: can you please add details to the document.
... can you please add details to the document?

<kaz> (next Oracle)

<kaz> Oracle preparation.md

<inserted> scribenick: kaz

Lagally: first draft
... device simulator, digital twin simulator, etc.
... quick demo on Monday in Bundang
... this time want to integrate more devices
... (goes through section 3)
... still have TBDs for the detail
... all the "tbd"s will be clarified later
... 4. Use Cases
... home integration and industrial integration
... came in mind in Bundang
... devices from people

McCool: probably the description shouldn't be duplicated
... maybe you could create a separate file about the detail?

Lagally: this is just a placeholder for people's participation
... maybe we can start with some kind of simulation

McCool: so far same content with the main preparation file
... would be better to explain which part is done by you, maybe?

Lagally: can make the description more generic

McCool: good to document the requirements
... starting with the ones for online plugfest
... and also the ones for Lyon

Lagally: same logistics as before

<inserted> scribenick: mlagally_

Lagally: we are moving to a new server instance - if you want access ahead of the plug fest please let me know

<inserted> (Panasonic)

<inserted> Panasonic preparation.md

Toru-san: presents preparation-panasonic

McCool: I will reach out to you next week to do a quick test

Toru-san: we will register our smart home TDs with Siemens / Intel Thing directories, also have them on github
... we have 5 simulator instances that can be used by different companies. They have different TDs

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/online/panasonic.md

Lagally: it would be ideal to use the simulator before the plug-fest.

Toru-san: it is available right now, will update in 1 or 2 weeks for the plugfest
... we have two clients: NodeRED and generic client
... generic client will use HTTP, simple WebSocket and Long Poll
... for observe we have http+long poll and web socket
... security: bearer token is validated by servient
... token distribution is up to implementation

McCool: I'm working to set up an Oauth service. Hope to have it within a week. We could use this as a test case.
... Please contribute your preparation documents if you have not yet done so.
... please also update the planning/availability tables
... Matthias organizes a google hangout - this will be more an ad-hoc thing
... what does names with () mean?

Toru-san: tentative

McCool: let's ask participants now - Siemens?

Matthias: need to discuss internally

Lagally: planning still needs to be done

McCool: I need to change the scenario description a bit - could take a picture
... others, please also update to reflect your devices
... Please add yourself to projects, if you are planning to work on those. We can organise separate meetings for that
... If you have additional topics, please add them
... actions recap: update your preparation.md, participation, scenarios, projects accordingly
... also add target features to readme, if applicable

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/09/10 08:40:04 $