WoT PlugFest/Testing

29 Aug 2018


Kaz_Ashimura, Ege_Korkan, Michael_McCool, Kazuaki_Nimura, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Toru_Kawaguchi, Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Darko_Anicic


<kaz> scribenick: mjkoster


<McCool> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_29.08.2018

Updates on TPAC plugfest

McCool: vacation time is causing some delays in planning
... created a wiki page for Lyon
... confirmed the date, will not change

<kaz> Lyon f2f wiki

McCool: it's a good time to book the hotel
... also register for TPAC
... building the schedule of meetings for the face to face
... discussion of wiki page for the online plugfest
... may be simplest to do the planning in github
... does anyone think we need a wiki for the online plugfest?

Kaz: let's start with the preparation.md file

McCool: cleaned up the tables in the document

<kaz> online plugfest preparation

McCool: each company should fill in the slots they are sure to be able to participate in
... then we can coordinate the activities through short meetings
... we will accept PRs to the planning document to update the table
... the meetings should be to sync up the work at regular intervals to allow progress to be made independently between meetings as much as possible
... we can list logistics in the project description to describe interaction and coordination that is needed for each project
... hopefully we can list our topics and self-organize the activities

Kaz: for example, can we create some projects like smart home ?
... we can list possible projects from the viewpoints of both scenarios and technical topics

McCool: for example a proxy project

Kaz: right. scenarios like smart home and feature testing like proxy

McCool: what's the goal, who is interested, and when do we meet?
... other suggestions?

Merge PR from Bundang work from Oracle

Lagally: discussion of issues with complex data types using sub properties

<kaz> PR 528 - changed files

Lagally: we should discuss in the TD context

McCool: now there is a merge conflict

Koster: we can also discuss the use of semantic annotation for elements of the JSON schema to deal with subproperties
... in the LD call perhaps

Online PlugFest preparation

McCool: no update on the VPN and oauth stuff
... wanted to discuss preparation documents but there are no updates, so please (everyone) add their updates
... so we can discuss scenarios and goals
... one goal is secure access best practices

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/blob/master/wot-security-best-practices.md

McCool: develop combinations of security schemes that work together
... does anyone have overall goals for the plugfest?

Darko: we will work on semantic annotation and discuss in the LD teleconference
... no specific goals yet

McCool: one thing we can do is demonstrate the value of the semantics with some example use cases

<Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about updates even though the preparation.md files themselves are not updated yet

Kaz: we can add ecosystem integration to the set of scenarios, for example echonet

<kaz> ... Matsukura-san also has some idea

<ryuichi> https://github.com/mryuichi/documents/blob/master/FujitsuOnlinePlugfest180820.pdf

Ryuichi: planning to integrate remote access using wot proxy pattern and also openVPN
... also planning to connect the Siemens node-wot gateway with the Fujitsu wot-proxy

McCool: do we want to discuss scenarios?

Lagally: discussion of home integration scenarios
... the basic is sensing an environment condition, like room occupancy, and creating actions that are appropriate

<kaz> PlugFest Scenarios

Lagally: for example, vacuum cleaning when rooms are not occupied
... would like to create a meaningful demonstration for TPAC based on real devices and interactions

McCool: can we list which features are exercised by the different scenarios?
... once we dive deeper into the implementations

Lagally: warning system for something like industrial accidents and short term environmental impact
... taking actions based on anomalies in general
... for example bad air, low oxygen alerts could cause ventilation systems to respond and lights could indicate a problem

Kaz: flashing lights could work into an accessibility scenario

McCool: it's an example of mapping sensory modality to accommodate individuals

<kaz> kaz: right. that kind of multimodality would be useful for accessibility

McCool: also want to make sure we cover testing and validation scenarios we need to cover

Toru:: target features include action and event patterns, is there a new spec?

Koster: no spec document yet, but there are JSON examples and slides to describe them
... please join the Binding Template meeting on Tuesday to review and discuss

McCool: please fill in the preparation document
... meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/08/30 16:17:14 $