15 Aug 2018



Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Michael_Koster, Taki_Kamiya, Graeme_Coleman, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis, GraemeColeman, Ryuichi_Matsukura
mjkoster, kaz


<kaz> scribenick: mjkoster


<McCool> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#15_Aug_2018

Quick updates

<McCool> https://github.com/mmccool/w3c-permissions-2018/blob/sec-edit/README.md

McCool: review the position paper for the Permissions workshop for Friday
... Aug. 29th joint call with ETSI ISG CIM

<inserted> McCool: ITU-T SG16 liaison on video streaming services to be handled by the Media and Entertainment IG

McCool: Arranging a TPAC demo for Monday night (at the Developer's Meetup)
... Online plugfest 25-28 of September
... need to set up templates and get preparation.md files for the online plugfest

TF reports

McCool: TF reports
... Thing Description?

Taki: new issue 193 with sub-protocol

<taki> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/193

<inserted> scribenick: kaz

McCool: Binding Templates?

Koster: have updated the document
... should be ready for publication by Friday
... not put all the new protocols yet
... this version for Bundang update
... and create another branch for new template stuff
... URI template, some event pattern, etc.
... next future branch

McCool: question about protocols
... CoAP+TCP and CoAP+WS
... would like to exclude them from testing

Koster: OCF uses TCP?
... mostly runtime implementation issue rather than spec issue

McCool: how about security?

<inserted> scribenick: mjkoster

Koster: it will be mqtts:
... and use TCP in a similar way to https:

Taki: LWM2M uses coaps+tcp

McCool: we already have a range of security scenarios and may not need to add these right away
... will exclude these from the testing plan

Zoltan: Scripting API document is updated, need to check TD again

McCool: security: accepted a PR with enterprise use cases
... still need to add more CoAP modes
... testing: not much recent change
... anything else to discuss?

Plugfest logistics

McCool: created headings on the wiki page for Lyon and the September Online plugfest
... Matthias has created a template
... people now need to fill in their preparation.md
... the plugfest dates are September 25-28
... infrastructure, looking at vlan products
... there is an Intel vlan product

Koster: what about using f-interop

McCool: we could have multiple vlans and bridge them
... should try to complete the preparation.md files in the next 2 weeks
... focus on the online plugfest now, Lyon later
... time zone and webex arrangements need to be made

Kaz: maybe we can set up sub-groups and sessions for them in addition to the whole group session

McCool: maybe we could meet periodically, spaced out over 24 hours

Koster: set up time slots that people can make

McCool: every 4 hours?
... use the testing call slot

Koster: 8 hour spacing might be better across time zones, for times everyone can join

McCool: still having regularly scheduled meetings
... schedule for these meetings is on the plugfest README file

<kaz> Kaz: can convert the list to a table including multiple related timezones

<inserted> ... btw, regarding the preparation template, maybe Matsukura-san has some comments given he has been consolidating the results from Bundang f2f

<inserted> matsu: can send my comments later

McCool: any more updates to the preparation.md file?

<inserted> McCool: no plugfest/testing call today

McCool: anything else to discuss, AOB?

Zoltan: are we ready to accept the publications?

McCool: sub-protocol will need more work, so we can delay another week
... adjourn
... cancel testing call

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/08/16 15:03:31 $